View Full Version : BMT annual meeting

Hikerhead
10-21-2007, 21:30
Who's going? I am.

http://www.bmta.org/

SGT Rock
10-21-2007, 21:31
Se related thread LOL.

I'd like to but we haven't made plans yet.

SGT Rock
10-31-2007, 08:07
We have made our reservations hikerhead. I'll see you there.

Hikerhead
10-31-2007, 18:12
That's fantastic! I'm leaving tomorrow morning to do my last two miles from Big Creek to Davenport Gap with some AT throw in make a loop out of it. A pm is on the way to you.

SGT Rock
11-02-2007, 20:37
Hey Hikerhead, if you are on the net, I am in Blairsville at the hotel in room 110.

Ewker
11-05-2007, 16:50
how was the meeting??

Hikerhead
11-05-2007, 18:46
The meeting was good. There were about 50 people that attended the dinner and meeting. Just me and the leader on the Friday hike going south from Dial Rd which went by our 2nd night campsite on the original 100 miles. On Sat about 15 showed up for the 3 hikes offered. I did the hike up Licklog Mtn which is the hardest climb on the original 100 miles. It was just as hard with a daypack. The relo on that mtn was done in a good way, there's still more relo being put in. We also hiked about 100 yards up the Dunkin Ridge Trail to a clearing that looked west and had views of Payne Gap and two or three other ridges that the BMT goes across. It was good to see and chat with Sgt Rock, Dixie and the kids again.

SGT Rock
11-09-2007, 08:55
I also found two new service providers for my guidebook. I ended up not bringing up my nearly completed guidebook to the meeting as it seemed we had a full plate - I figure it would be better handled through the publicity director. I figure I can have the book "done" by the end of this month and maybe we can get it approved in December and off to the printers somewhere before March.

I've been working on it this week durning my spare time and think it is a close to relase product.

envirodiver
11-09-2007, 13:07
Rock, I'm using your handbook on my trip through part of section 14. I'll get back to you when I return with any thoughts that I have.

I've tried tying it to the maps, but I'm not sure about the overall usefullness of that.

Thanks for your work on this.