PDA

View Full Version : day hiking in damascus

double j
10-22-2007, 15:15
i think this weekend im gonna ride over to damascus just to hike on the AT if i go thru damascus start up the mt .the AT crosses thru on the right side is a small bridge going to a set of steps left side just continues on which would be a good enjoyable day hike with some nice veiws if any....and also a good place to park i know i seen a small gravel parking lot ner it is it just for the creeper trail or what...............thanks johnny

Lone Wolf
10-22-2007, 15:20
i think this weekend im gonna ride over to damascus just to hike on the AT if i go thru damascus start up the mt .the AT crosses thru on the right side is a small bridge going to a set of steps left side just continues on which would be a good enjoyable day hike with some nice veiws if any....and also a good place to park i know i seen a small gravel parking lot ner it is it just for the creeper trail or what...............thanks johnny

no views in either direction from that point. if i were you i'd continue on Hwy. 58 all the way up to Va. 600 to Elk Garden and hike NOBO on the AT

double j
10-22-2007, 19:08
ahhh anywhere to park and is the trail easy to spot.just keep driving past that point ?