PDA

View Full Version : History is made - Pirate refuses free food

Local
10-23-2007, 22:08
On Tuesday May 23 at Mojoe's Trailside Coffeehouse in Damascus, Virginia, the legendary hiker Pirate refused a free piece of apple pie. According to several AT historians, this event has never occurred before. A commemorative plaque will be installed on this spot, courtesy of the Town of Damascus. Photographic evidence of the historic event is attached below.

Lone Wolf
10-23-2007, 22:11
nothin historic about that. he generally doesn't eat sweets. if you offered meat or beer and refused well that would be history

Pacific Tortuga
10-23-2007, 22:14
Glad to hear Mojoe's is still open. In the southern town of Damascus lies a little touch of Seattle, and it is cool.
I hope the Pirate stays away from the hiker box at Daves Place, Wally is watching :eek:

Lone Wolf
10-23-2007, 22:19
Glad to hear Mojoe's is still open. In the southern town of Damascus lies a little touch of Seattle, and it is cool.
I hope the Pirate stays away from the hiker box at Daves Place, Wally is watching :eek:

seattle?:-?

Pacific Tortuga
10-23-2007, 22:28

That is what it reminded me of and it sure was different than anything else I saw in the south.

Lone Wolf
10-23-2007, 22:30
That is what it reminded me of and it sure was different than anything else I saw in the south.

oh. i ain't never been to seattle

generoll
10-23-2007, 22:35
If you do be sure and don't miss Pike St.

Pacific Tortuga
10-23-2007, 22:39

:banana :D :D :D :banana watch for flyin salmon.

Wonder
10-23-2007, 22:56
Useless tidbit: The Fishermans Warf Starbuks is the only remaining store to still have the first design of the Starbucks "Siren" Yep....shes toppless.
Also, not far from there is a store staffed only by people holding a masters degree of higher. Now, I worked at Starbucks for years........that's REALLY not putting your education to good use!

Just a Hiker
10-23-2007, 23:03
On Tuesday May 23 at Mojoe's Trailside Coffeehouse in Damascus, Virginia, the legendary hiker Pirate refused a free piece of apple pie. According to several AT historians, this event has never occurred before. A commemorative plaque will be installed on this spot, courtesy of the Town of Damascus. Photographic evidence of the historic event is attached below.

Thats pretty funny!!

EWS
10-24-2007, 00:04
Useless tidbit: The Fishermans Warf Starbuks is the only remaining store to still have the first design of the Starbucks "Siren" Yep....shes toppless.
Also, not far from there is a store staffed only by people holding a masters degree of higher. Now, I worked at Starbucks for years........that's REALLY not putting your education to good use!

My friend just finished his Masters in Political Science and is taking off a year before law school. Do they have any openings?

TOW
10-24-2007, 07:16

hmmmmmmmmm:-?

Maybe he's referring to the old coffee shop?

What a party that part of town is, I love that part of Seattle!

My friend just finished his Masters in Political Science and is taking off a year before law school. Do they have any openings?
Are you male or female?

nitewalker
10-24-2007, 07:26
nice link to old damascus. some of those photos are just grrrreat!

EWS
10-24-2007, 07:34
Are you male or female?

Male.

ten characters

Pirate
10-24-2007, 09:21
Had to turn down the pie. Big test at the Bingo Training Center at 2:00 PM.

sylvan
10-24-2007, 09:47
Seattle is where I'd be if I could be anywhere ... and a place that I'll move back to before too long. Pike Place is a tourist trap more than anything else, though there are some neat shops. I lived in a little town north of Seattle, 2 hours from Mount Baker, 45 minutes from Stevens Pass, 2 hours from Olympic National Park, and 2 minutes from a lovely 2-mile trail down to Puget Sound (County Park) that paralleled a salmon stream.

/reminisce

Wonder
10-24-2007, 11:11
Nah....to much rain. MoJoes coffee is better anyway

SawnieRobertson
10-24-2007, 17:09
I hear that Dutch Treat will be playing his guitar and singing his songs at Mojoes this Saturday evening. Does Mojoes serve meals or just pie and coffee?--Kinnickinic

sarbar
10-24-2007, 23:59
Seattle is where I'd be if I could be anywhere ... and a place that I'll move back to before too long. Pike Place is a tourist trap more than anything else, though there are some neat shops. I lived in a little town north of Seattle, 2 hours from Mount Baker, 45 minutes from Stevens Pass, 2 hours from Olympic National Park, and 2 minutes from a lovely 2-mile trail down to Puget Sound (County Park) that paralleled a salmon stream.

/reminisce

Which little town? Sounds like you were up Hwy 2?
My little patch-o-heaven is Maple Valley, a tiny town that lies near two of Rainier's entrances. Love it here.
The husband works in downtown Seattle. He has a 3 hour commute daily round trip. Noooo thanks. It doesn't bother him to do it, I couldn't do it. But he likes our house, our property and that we can get away to wherever we want for hiking so easily :cool:

SweetAss03
10-25-2007, 00:46
Maple Valley...I heard that it rains there...I'll stay on this side of the mountains.

However there are some great hikes over there, and many more that I'd like to get done over the next year or so.

sarbar
10-25-2007, 13:16
Maple Valley...I heard that it rains there...I'll stay on this side of the mountains.

However there are some great hikes over there, and many more that I'd like to get done over the next year or so.
Not to bad, just that when Rainier creates weather, we get said weather dumping on us!
I like though that I can be on the Crest in under an hour from my house, walking on the PCT :bananaAnd it is almost always nicer up there ;)

minnesotasmith
10-25-2007, 13:26
Everyone talks about how it supposedly rains all the time in Seattle. The truth of the matter is, it rains there on average only twice a week; once for 3 days, and once for 4. :D

mweinstone
10-25-2007, 13:34
the action figures representing at hikers my aliens are working on in the lex lutherlike lair, are finnished. pirates power is his bo. his weakness is roll on.

sarbar
10-25-2007, 18:59
Everyone talks about how it supposedly rains all the time in Seattle. The truth of the matter is, it rains there on average only twice a week; once for 3 days, and once for 4. :D
And often is in solid form (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/NWHikergirl/ChinookWhitePass/walkingsnowme.jpg)as well.........:banana

Pirate
10-25-2007, 20:24

What does raining in Seattle have to do with not eating apple pie?

Lone Wolf
10-25-2007, 20:25
do you ride the bus or take your lunch to school?

SweetAss03
10-28-2007, 00:58
I got kicked off the bus for licking the flavored windows, thanks for the reminder

laserlips
10-28-2007, 01:16
Hey, Pirate...forget the plaque.I think you should go for the Nobel Peace Prize.I hear they're not nearly as strict with their criteria these days.