PDA

View Full Version : Any Florida Hangers here?

BumpJumper
10-24-2007, 16:15
Are any of you Florida hammockers going to the Florida Gathering in November? (See gatherings section)
I would love to see some of yall's get ups. We are having a show and tell, swap, trade, buy, sell at this gathering and I, being new into hanging, would like to see some other ideas.
Anyone going to it?

Cannibal
10-24-2007, 16:19
What do you want to see?

Warbonnet ElDorado?
Hennessy Explorer?
ENO SingleNest?
ENO DoubleNest?
Trek Light Double?

BumpJumper
10-24-2007, 16:21
Y E S :D
I would like to see them all.

nvelden
11-01-2007, 08:24
I'll be their, Hope I can find a good tree set up.

Gray Blazer
11-01-2007, 09:38
I wouldn't mind trying some out. Gotta see what all this hangin' out is all about.

Hammock Hanger
11-01-2007, 10:23
I'll be there. But have pretty much kept my tried and true HH Asym. The only modification I would like to do is the straps but doubt I will have time before the get together. Sue

Grinder
11-01-2007, 11:10
I'm thinking about coming up Saturday if I can get away.

I'd really like to meet some in state people.

If I bring my own food, is there any problem in just showing up??

Tom

Gray Blazer
11-01-2007, 11:47
I'm thinking about coming up Saturday if I can get away.

I'd really like to meet some in state people.

If I bring my own food, is there any problem in just showing up??

Tom

Come on up. It's a free country. I'm just going to be there Sat allday. Hope to meet you.:sun

Mal the Elder
11-01-2007, 11:57
Hammock Hanger, bring the parts for your strap mods, maybe we can all get 'er done.

And Gray Blazer, mi hamoca es su hamoca! Demos R Us.

Now if the weather stays warm enough for day swimming, and cold enough for great sleeping. . . .

14 and a wake up,
Half Step/Mal

Gray Blazer
11-01-2007, 12:48
Unless it's brokabacka hamoca.:D Seriously, I'm looking to upgrade my shelter so I want to try a hammock. Thanks. (I'm using a tent from the revolutionary war right now. Beat ya to it, Sarge.)

Chainsaw 08
11-06-2007, 11:23
Cannibal --

I'll be sleeping in a Hennesy that weekend, but I want a different one for my thru, so I'll look at as many as you wanna bring ...

Cannibal
11-06-2007, 11:30
Both the ENOs are otherwise busy in Iraq right now. But, I will be bringing a Hennessy Explorer, Warbonnet ElDorado (if it gets back from repairs in time), a Trek Light Double, and a Traveller UL. The Trek Light is the exact same thing as the ENOs so if you like it, you'll like the ENOs; same prices too.

pitdog
11-06-2007, 11:33
I was lucky enough to do some hiking in Ocala NF.this year.The trail was nicer than I thought.

Hammock Hanger
11-06-2007, 21:06
Hammock Hanger, bring the parts for your strap mods, maybe we can all get 'er done.

And Gray Blazer, mi hamoca es su hamoca! Demos R Us.

Now if the weather stays warm enough for day swimming, and cold enough for great sleeping. . . .

14 and a wake up,
Half Step/Mal

If the order gets here on time, I'll bring them.

BumpJumper
11-07-2007, 16:35
Tom,
All are welcome to come up. Food is good!!! Bring a banjo or harmonica or something to play for Saturday night if you can stay.

Pitdog...ONF is nice. I have seen better. I guess cause I live next to it.
Norm,
Post up on the gatherings forum. Fl Fall Gathering. And let us know what nights you are coming for, etc....;)
oh, and WELCOME:welcome :welcome

highway
11-30-2007, 10:00
I am soory to have missed it but I was away walking the Via de la Plata in Spain. Next year, though....

EWS
11-30-2007, 10:02
Cannibal are you going to SO-Ruck?