PDA

View Full Version : Any hiking clergy in the Harper's Ferry/MD area?

Programbo
10-24-2007, 20:26
My mother passed away a few months ago after a long fight with Alzheimer's disease and as per her wishes I had her cremated...It was also her wish that her remains be scattered in San Francisco and at Harpers Ferry.....When I was younger I would always end all my hiking trips there and my mom would always come pick me up and we`d spend a little while walking around the town and she grew to love it there maybe because it allowed her to share my backpacking life with me in a small way...I have contacted the NPS for permission to scatter her ashes high up on Maryland Heights in a spot over looking the town but off the areas people normally walk in....I am pretty sure they will have no problem with it so I was wondering if there are any members of the clergy who read this site who are also local to the area who might be willing to meet me and some family members up there and assist us with this as I am not sure if there is a correct religious way to scatter someones ashes or not...My mom was a nice old fashioned Christian woman but really didn`t belong to any established church..I am not religious so I don`t know anyone myself....Thanks in advance for any input