PDA

View Full Version : The Blair Witch House

Topcat
10-27-2007, 18:51
I was watching the Blair Witch Project with the kids today and now they want to hike to the house with the hand prints. I have seen the pictures but never figured out where it was. Can someone tell me a weekend hike that would include seeing the house?

Thanks

MOWGLI
10-27-2007, 18:55
I was watching the Blair Witch Project with the kids today and now they want to hike to the house with the hand prints. I have seen the pictures but never figured out where it was. Can someone tell me a weekend hike that would include seeing the house?

Thanks

The area they filmed is north of Gathland State Park. I think the house is off the corridor.

LastHonestFool
10-28-2007, 00:28
I thought it was close to Dalhgren's campground?

mindi
10-28-2007, 00:45
Jeesh, I have a ton of pictures of the place, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was. I'll ask Combat tomorrow.
We had dinner on the second floor and we were going to camp inside, but it was too dusty and rickety and the bugs were out, so we pitched the tarptent next to it. Pretty cool, creepy place if you can find it.
I'm very slowly uploading my AT pics, including those ones,to flickr, so they will be on there probably in a week or two. I'll post a link once all my pictures are up.
:) Sugargrits

Tennessee Viking
10-28-2007, 01:14
The house was located in Patapsco Valley State Park in Ellicott City, Maryland a suburb of Baltimore.

From the post movie reports, the house was torn down afterwards.

IMDB reports these other locations for the movie.

Adamstown Village Market - 5550 Mountville Road, Adamstown, Maryland, USA
Burkittsville, Maryland, USA
Granite, Maryland, USA
Patapsco Valley State Park - 8020 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, Maryland, USA [house in final scene]
Rockville, Maryland, USA
Seneca Creek State Park - 11950 Clopper Road, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Silver Rail Diner - 1 S. Maple Avenue, Brunswick, Maryland, USA
Staub’s Country Inn - 19800 Beallsville Road, Beallsville, Maryland, USA
Wheaton, Maryland, USA [Leaving Josh’s House]

Tennessee Viking
10-28-2007, 01:23
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2*%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fdownload .php%3FNumber%3D695328&om=1&ie=UTF8&ll=39.350361,-76.85091&spn=0.038695,0.079823&z=14

The house is where the 'i' marker is

CaseyB
10-28-2007, 03:15
This is nothing to joke about. Something horrible happened to me there. Go stay there if you want, but be prepared for your perception of reality to change rapidly and forcefully.

warraghiyagey
10-28-2007, 05:15
This is nothing to joke about. Something horrible happened to me there. Go stay there if you want, but be prepared for your perception of reality to change rapidly and forcefully.

Try some more crack.

Topcat
10-31-2007, 21:08
well, it is halloween, so tell us, what happened there?

Cuffs
10-31-2007, 22:47
There were several locations...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185937/locations

kohburn
11-01-2007, 14:57
my friends and i drove through burketsville the november after the movie came out for a 3 day hike on the AT north to harpers ferry. added to the suspense of our first nighttime bear encounter.

wrongway_08
11-01-2007, 15:09

SSoooooo .... what happened and how do I get there? I want a cool story to tell also!

CaseyB
11-01-2007, 15:45
SSoooooo .... what happened and how do I get there? I want a cool story to tell also!

I heard a bunch of chains gettin yanked:D

Nice cross-thread crack reference, warraghiy! mmmmmm......crack....

Newb
11-27-2007, 09:21
Burkitsville is very scarey. An entire town without a pub or tavern.

Wolf - 23000
11-27-2007, 10:15
You better stay away or else you may get lost and get a personal visit by the blair witch herself. :)

Wolf

88BlueGT
02-15-2008, 02:23

I'll be sure to pass by, thanks for the warning :D

BTW, I want to hear this blair witch story..........

How far is the house off the AT?

mweinstone
02-15-2008, 02:41
do you love the devil or something? are you gonna call him up? what do you need him for? why dont you just go hiking and keep your mind on good things?

Blue Jay
02-15-2008, 04:04
do you love the devil or something? are you gonna call him up? what do you need him for? why dont you just go hiking and keep your mind on good things?

Hey, the Blair Witch is a very nice lady who runs an art gallery in Burkittsville. She wanted to play herself in the movie but they wouldn't let her.

DesertMTB
02-15-2008, 09:24
Try some more crack.

Says the guy who has witnessed dozens of UFOs:rolleyes:

Almost There
02-15-2008, 10:31
The house is nowhere near Maryland....it's near Sinking Creek Valley, VA 42.(South of Catawba) Hike maybe an hour or two south and you will come to the house on the trail with the handprints in it. It is by no means a rough hike to get to it, you'll hike through some cow pastures with stiles, and then dip back into the woods and skirt some private land until you come to it.

tazie
02-15-2008, 11:08
[quote=Almost There;537417]The house is nowhere near Maryland....it's near Sinking Creek Valley, VA 42.(South of Catawba) Hike maybe an hour or two south and you will come to the house on the trail with the handprints in it.

Thank you!

hobojoe
02-15-2008, 11:21
Yeah, couple miles before keefer oak.

Almost There
02-15-2008, 11:23
Yeah, couple miles before keefer oak.

Exactly!!! But Keffer is on the north side of the road, and the house is on the south side.

Newb
02-15-2008, 14:16
Were'nt the little "voodoo dolls" hanging from the trees inspired by an actual hiker who was hanging them as she marched nobo one year.???

Almost There
02-15-2008, 14:30
Were'nt the little "voodoo dolls" hanging from the trees inspired by an actual hiker who was hanging them as she marched nobo one year.???

So the story goes.

brianos
02-15-2008, 21:06
My son & I hiked SOBO across MD back in 2004. The ranger at Gathland St.Park told us the film crew had camped at the Ed Garvey shelter during filming of the movie. Thought he said they filmed a lot of woods scenes on the east side of the mountain below the shelter.

spittinpigeon
02-15-2008, 21:20
The house is nowhere near Maryland....it's near Sinking Creek Valley, VA 42.(South of Catawba) Hike maybe an hour or two south and you will come to the house on the trail with the handprints in it. It is by no means a rough hike to get to it, you'll hike through some cow pastures with stiles, and then dip back into the woods and skirt some private land until you come to it.

That is a creepy house, but I'm almost sure it's not the one in the movie.

TOW
02-15-2008, 21:30
The house you all are looking for is right behind my house on the other side of my landlords house down the alley about half way then shoot across the small field for about five thousand feet and it will be right there..........maybe, I can't exactly remember........

Almost There
02-15-2008, 21:31
That is a creepy house, but I'm almost sure it's not the one in the movie.

The one in the movie was a set up, the house it was based off of came from the one in Central Va. You aren't gonna find the house from the movie on the trail. This is the one that they refer to as the "Blair Witch House".

Hikerhead
02-15-2008, 21:36

Here's my picures of the house south of RT 42. Not very good ones mind you.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=1149&catid=member&imageuser=132

mtt37849
10-16-2008, 00:48
No bar/pub or tavern, **** what do the ppl do in that town. Well now that i think about it i guess they drink some shine. :eek:

Elmer
10-16-2008, 09:16
If the house is actual....in tact....etc etc, couldn't someone get GPS coordinates?
I do think that would be an outstanding weekend hike to be able to check that out. :eek:

CowHead
10-16-2008, 09:36
I once met the blair bitch i mean witch she was my ex-wife

Lugnut
10-16-2008, 11:57
No bar/pub or tavern, **** what do the ppl do in that town. Well now that i think about it i guess they drink some shine. :eek:

I drove through the town once and it was deserted! I didn't see a single person out walking or driving. Really creepy, and that was in the daytime. Can't imagine what it's like at night. :eek:

Spider
12-05-2008, 13:34
Okay. I thought that was fiction. There's an actual house?

dradius
12-05-2008, 13:52
no no, you're all wrong. I heard the house is on a small wooded lot in Oklahoma behind a wal-mart.

Gumbi
12-05-2008, 14:16
I want to hear some scary stories about! Please?????

Please?
Please?
:p

CowHead
12-05-2008, 15:16
The house was in Ellicott City Maryland no where near the trail and after the filming it was torn down

rafe
12-05-2008, 15:18
It's on the northern descent off Kelly Knob, almost in the valley, about 3 days hiking north of Pearisburg.

CowHead
12-05-2008, 15:18
From a first page post

The house was located in Patapsco Valley State Park in Ellicott City, Maryland a suburb of Baltimore.

From the post movie reports, the house was torn down afterwards.

IMDB reports these other locations for the movie.

Adamstown Village Market - 5550 Mountville Road, Adamstown, Maryland, USA
Burkittsville, Maryland, USA
Granite, Maryland, USA
Patapsco Valley State Park - 8020 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, Maryland, USA [house in final scene]
Rockville, Maryland, USA
Seneca Creek State Park - 11950 Clopper Road, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Silver Rail Diner - 1 S. Maple Avenue, Brunswick, Maryland, USA
Staub’s Country Inn - 19800 Beallsville Road, Beallsville, Maryland, USA
Wheaton, Maryland, USA [Leaving Josh’s House]