PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Party in Franklin

Pages : [1] 2

Ron Haven
10-29-2007, 22:11
Dec 1st weekend isn't that far away.I had mentioned what for food.I talked to Fatt Buddies Bar b que owner today about catering food to the Jaycees Memorial Park Bldg and It would run about $12 per person with globs of food,drinks,cups,spoons,forks,knives,serving utensels,napkins,ice ect

Any of you that has eat their food I don't have to tell nothing,To others who haven't.It is great.The owner was a former pit crewman for Richard Petty and also catered BQ's for them. http://www.fatbuddiesribsandbbq.com/menu.htm here is their website.

This is only a suggestion.To those who can make it give me your ideas here,e-mal me ar you are welcome to call me.

Wonder
10-29-2007, 22:13
Really! The famous Franklin BBQ??? I"m so there

Skidsteer
10-29-2007, 22:17
A Christmas barbecue sounds good, Ron.

Ron Haven
10-29-2007, 22:25
A Christmas barbecue sounds good, Ron.I would like for all who can to come and all to be happy and enjoy a get together.

TOW
10-29-2007, 22:44
Hey Ron, so lets I come down there. What will a room run me?

Mother Nature
10-29-2007, 23:30
Got my room booked at the Budget Inn already! I can taste the BBQ! Look forward to seeing other WBers!

MN and Smokestack

shoe
10-29-2007, 23:46
I may try to make it for a day if I don't have to work.

Ron Haven
10-29-2007, 23:50
I may try to make it for a day if I don't have to work.come on and play hookie from work.:cool:

shoe
10-29-2007, 23:56
we'll see. I work retail and that's a bad time to call out. I need all the money that I can for my hike next year.

Marta
10-30-2007, 07:30
I'm looking forward to it!

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 07:31
i may make a showing. i'll come for sure if we be eatin' barbachew! room #4 at the Sapphire

TOW
10-30-2007, 07:32
we'll see. I work retail and that's a bad time to call out. I need all the money that I can for my hike next year.

I assume I'll be busy too, I need all the money I can get just to survive thru the winter.............

D'Artagnan
10-30-2007, 08:33
BBQ sounds good to me and it'll be less work and less hassle. Good thinking Ron!

Pirate
10-30-2007, 13:51
I have been to Fat Buddies several times and the food was great. Count me in on the party. Was sorry to see Richard Petty lose his ball cap at the start of the NASCAR race last Sunday in Atlanta. Hope he got it back.

Ron Haven
10-30-2007, 20:09
i may make a showing. i'll come for sure if we be eatin' barbachew! room #4 at the SapphireI knew how many hikers I meet a year that love to eat BQ in Franklin.I like to see folks have a good time.

skyhiker2
10-30-2007, 20:20
RON, I'M THERE!!!!!!!! "BUT" HOW ABOUT SOME MORE PARTICULARS. BEER WINE? BIG PARTY OR LITTLE PARTY,,, ie IS THIS GOING TO BE LIKE THE HIKER BASH?

Ron Haven
10-31-2007, 17:50
RON, I'M THERE!!!!!!!! "BUT" HOW ABOUT SOME MORE PARTICULARS. BEER WINE? BIG PARTY OR LITTLE PARTY,,, ie IS THIS GOING TO BE LIKE THE HIKER BASH?This is the first one we ever had here.I'm open for what ever.I have rented a Bldg with inside and outside tables all day Sat Dec 1st.I want to do what makes folks happy.That is why for this post to tell me what I need to expect and I will try to fulfill it.This hall holds 80 or so inside lpus a kitchen.

It is the link of a football field to Ingles for beer or wine.I don't want poeple getting in trouble for drunk driving.I have vans and a bus to shuttle folks.This hall is 1 mile from Budget Inn and 2 miles from Sapphire Inn.

Waterfall
10-31-2007, 21:08
Great idea--a hiker get-together just down the road from my job! Count me in.

FatMan
10-31-2007, 21:25
Sounds like a good time. Count me in.

Mother Nature
10-31-2007, 21:48
Ron,

Do you need or would you like us to bring treats to share? Snacks, dip, desserts etc?

MN

Dancer
11-01-2007, 14:25
Sounds great, I'm in.

Julie

Ron Haven
11-01-2007, 19:51
Ron,

Do you need or would you like us to bring treats to share? Snacks, dip, desserts etc?

MNMother Nature,I think it is a great idea for things like that.

I want to hear everyones idea but I think if we could get some BBQ catered from Fat Buddies,If folks wants to bring some different thing will be great.Having some choice helps to make it more enjoyable.

I thought about bringing a few things such as some different type drinks and some other different foods.I can't cook but I have several friends who own restaurants.I can get some different type foods to bring.

Lone Wolf
11-02-2007, 08:24
I'm driving Pirate to Franklin today. Gonna stay at Haven's motel then go grazing at Fat Buddies BBQ. Trip report and bbq critique tomorrow

SGT Rock
11-02-2007, 08:26
I'm driving Pirate to Franklin today. Gonna stay at Haven's motel then go grazing at Fat Buddies BBQ. Trip report and bbq critique tomorrow
Try not to hurt yourself on this dangerous recon mission.

Good luck.

Lone Wolf
11-02-2007, 08:29
Try not to hurt yourself on this dangerous recon mission.

Good luck.

Maneuvering thru Asheville will be the toughest part. All them pacholi wearin' stinkin' hippie wannabes to wade thru

D'Artagnan
11-02-2007, 08:59
Is anyone interested in doing "gag" gifts? Say, something humorous you find around home or something funny you buy with a cap of $5 or $10? Just throwing it out there. I know some of the parties I've had with friends around Christmas, the joke gifts are always a big hit. With a group as diverse as ours, it would be interesting to see what gets unwrapped.

Just a suggestion. :D

rafe
11-02-2007, 09:00
Is anyone interested in doing "gag" gifts? Say, something humorous you find around home or something funny you buy with a cap of $5 or $10? Just throwing it out there. I know some of the parties I've had with friends around Christmas, the joke gifts are always a big hit. With a group as diverse as ours, it would be interesting to see what gets unwrapped.

Just a suggestion. :D

Up here in New England it's called a "Yankee Swap." It can be quite entertaining.

Marta
11-02-2007, 09:02
Or maybe a cap of $0?

Or there's that gift-giving thing where you can either choose to open a new package, or take a gift from someone who has already opened one. That can get ugly/funny, fast, if there's one thing everyone wants.

Lone Wolf
11-02-2007, 20:14

back from Fat buddies. Awesome damn good barbachew! had dinner with Ron and his family. Thanks Ron for pickin' up the tab. you're a gentleman.

StarLyte
11-02-2007, 20:26
Ron you always got it goin on right. :sun

See it's things like this that make me glad I live far away from Ron. Otherwise I'd be constantly eating, hauling hikers and planning events :D

LW next time I drive Pirate. :banana

Ron Haven
11-02-2007, 22:00
Ron you always got it goin on right. :sun

See it's things like this that make me glad I live far away from Ron. Otherwise I'd be constantly eating, hauling hikers and planning events :D

LW next time I drive Pirate. StarLyte,I would love for you to come down and see us.I enjoy riding around in the mountains goofing off with Hikers.
Sometimes I lay out of work to do it.You are welcome to this Christmas Party.:banana

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 441120" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>L. Wolf</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by L. Wolf http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/styles/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=440690#post440690)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
back from Fat buddies. Awesome damn good barbachew! had dinner with Ron and his family. Thanks Ron for pickin' up the tab. you're a gentleman.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LWolf,The pleasure was all ours.We were very glad to have you and Pirate as our guests.

Skidsteer
11-03-2007, 22:17
Booked it today. # 24 at the Sapphire. Looking forward to the get together, Ron.

SawnieRobertson
11-04-2007, 13:48
Just added this to my calendar. It will be big fun--Kinnickinic

Ron Haven
11-04-2007, 22:10
Booked it today. # 24 at the Sapphire. Looking forward to the get together, Ron.I will see you there.

Sly
11-06-2007, 15:27
Booked it today. # 24 at the Sapphire. Looking forward to the get together, Ron.

Booked yesterday at Budget Inn.

Ron Haven
11-07-2007, 11:35
Or maybe a cap of $0?

Or there's that gift-giving thing where you can either choose to open a new package, or take a gift from someone who has already opened one. That can get ugly/funny, fast, if there's one thing everyone wants.I have saw these gift givings before and I thought they were fun.So far it looks as about 50 is showing an intrest in coming.

Marta
11-07-2007, 12:20
I have saw these gift givings before and I thought they were fun.So far it looks as about 50 is showing an intrest in coming.

Very cool! I just pulled myself together to volunteer food for the SoRuck. Since I'm in the mood to think about food today, what can I do for the Holidays in Franklin bash?

PS--I'm very excited about the BBQ!!! I've been on a diet, and I'm looking forward to kicking over the traces for a couple of hours.

D'Artagnan
11-07-2007, 13:30
If I bring some empty drink cans, is there a chance we could have a hands-on stove-building lesson?

Ron Haven
11-07-2007, 15:54
If I bring some empty drink cans, is there a chance we could have a hands-on stove-building lesson?I think it would be great:) .

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-07-2007, 16:39
Some how I think empty cans will materialize at this event - just sayin' :D

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 16:41
Some how I think empty cans will materialize at this event - just sayin' :D

i have a sh hitload of Busch Light cans

Ewker
11-07-2007, 16:47
I would like to come to this but I won't know until that week. What are the chances of finding a room towards the middle of that week.

wrightsphoto
11-07-2007, 17:26
Dec 1st weekend isn't that far away.I had mentioned what for food.I talked to Fatt Buddies Bar b que owner today about catering food to the Jaycees Memorial Park Bldg and It would run about $12 per person with globs of food,drinks,cups,spoons,forks,knives,serving utensels,napkins,ice ect

Any of you that has eat their food I don't have to tell nothing,To others who haven't.It is great.The owner was a former pit crewman for Richard Petty and also catered BQ's for them. http://www.fatbuddiesribsandbbq.com/menu.htm here is their website.

This is only a suggestion.To those who can make it give me your ideas here,e-mal me ar you are welcome to call me.

Sounds great! I'm planning on making it.

TOW
11-07-2007, 17:56
i don't know if I'll be able to make it but in case I can swing it that weekend, is there anyone coming near Damascus that wouldn't mind swinging over a giving me a ride down there and back? I'll pitch in for gas.

Wonder
11-07-2007, 18:14
I requested off today! WOn't know for sure until closer......keep your fingers crossed for me. I volunteered to work Thanksgiving day.....so that should by me some levrage

Skidsteer
11-07-2007, 18:45
I would like to come to this but I won't know until that week. What are the chances of finding a room towards the middle of that week.

Ask Ron if you can reserve it but cancel if you can't make it. Sounds like you'll know for sure a couple days in advance.

Sly
11-07-2007, 18:53
I requested off today! WOn't know for sure until closer......keep your fingers crossed for me. I volunteered to work Thanksgiving day.....so that should by me some levrage

Where are working now, Wonder? With a month's advance notice, hopefully they'll give you the day off.

PS I have a pic on my computer you can use as an avatar. The one Maddy took. remember?

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 18:55
she's workin' at the Martha Washington Inn in Abingdon

Sly
11-07-2007, 18:56
PS I have a pic on my computer you can use as an avatar. The one Maddy took. Remember?

Oh here, just take it. ;)

Wonder
11-07-2007, 19:02
Y'all are never gonna let me live that down, are ya?:sun

Wonder
11-07-2007, 19:03
she's workin' at the Martha Washington Inn in Abingdon

Yep, started today and it went really well! Though, after living in Damascus for 5 months, it was really strange hearing my "real name" all day:eek:

Skidsteer
11-07-2007, 19:11

I'm trying; I have a photo similar to Sly's from Ron's hiker bash this year. It was all I could manage not to quote him and post another. ;)

Sly
11-07-2007, 19:18

I LIKE it! :D

Wonder
11-07-2007, 20:38
I'm trying; I have a photo similar to Sly's from Ron's hiker bash this year. It was all I could manage not to quote him and post another. ;)

How on earth do you have a pic like that? My clevage was NOT hanging out in Franklin. Mattys pic was the result of swing dancing and burbon.:rolleyes:

Ron Haven
11-07-2007, 21:17
Very cool! I just pulled myself together to volunteer food for the SoRuck. Since I'm in the mood to think about food today, what can I do for the Holidays in Franklin bash?

PS--I'm very excited about the BBQ!!! I've been on a diet, and I'm looking forward to kicking over the traces for a couple of hours.Thanks for coming.I know the BBQ will be good but anything you want to bring would be fine.And yes,you will need to plan on cheating just a little bit with the diet ;) I just got a pm of some more great trail friends coming.

Skidsteer
11-07-2007, 21:33
How on earth do you have a pic like that? My clevage was NOT hanging out in Franklin. Mattys pic was the result of swing dancing and burbon.:rolleyes:

Who said anything about cleavage? :D

It's just you singin' some Janis.

Sly
11-07-2007, 21:38
Who said anything about cleavage? :D

What cleavage? I don''t see any cleavage! ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-07-2007, 21:53
As the official keeper of the Photoshop library, I must insist that all photos spoken of in this thread be emailed to me immediately :D

Miss Janet
11-09-2007, 12:24
I am suffering from HDD these days. That's Hiker Deficit Disorder. I hope to be finished with the house in a few weeks and I NEED a few days around AT friends. I am even looking forward to seeing LW! I hope there is still room for me and I hope you will tell me what I need to bring to the festivities... besides Mala and Tucker Dog!

Marta
11-09-2007, 12:26
Good news, Miss Janet. Looking forward to seeing you, especially since you'll be on a much-needed vacation!

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 12:44
I am even looking forward to seeing LW!

you sure? i've been pissing off lots of folks lately.
"oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

Miss Janet
11-09-2007, 12:58
I am very sure! In person I really do love you. On here, your big, bad, negative internet personality has just gotten to me. I thought about putting you on IGNORE since it seems to bother me so much. Then I decided it would be better if Whiteblaze could IGNORE you sometimes. You could see your comments but no one else could!

Just remember what Thumper said to Bambi...

I hope Gypsy will be coming, too.

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 13:12
In person I really do love you.

Just remember what Thumper said to Bambi...

I hope Gypsy will be coming, too.

feelings mutual. you are one of the nicest ladies between Georgia and Maine. :)

i have no idea what Thumper said to Bambi

it's doubtful if Gypsy can make. Target will need her for the X-mas rush

Wonder
11-09-2007, 13:51
Thumper replied to his mother..."If you can't say nuttin' nice, don't say nuttin' at all"

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 13:52
i say lotsa nice things once in a while

Ron Haven
11-10-2007, 00:58
I'm trying; I have a photo similar to Sly's from Ron's hiker bash this year. It was all I could manage not to quote him and post another. ;)I saw some more of those pix at the hiker fool bash:eek: Wonder tell your boss it is a life or death situation.Wish Matty & Bag o Tricks could attend :D

Ron Haven
11-10-2007, 23:09
i say lotsa nice things once in a whileYou do fine.

Wonder
11-11-2007, 01:39
I saw some more of those pix at the hiker fool bash:eek: Wonder tell your boss it is a life or death situation.Wish Matty & Bag o Tricks could attend :D

HA! NOt puching any buttons just yet. This job is TOO good. Managed to work my way into the dinner shift while I was still training:D....there are some lunch girls who REALLY don't like me, I'm sure. I'm planning on taking off right after work that friday night, and it should put me in franklin my 2......doin' all I can to get there. Pretty sure that Matty and Bag O' Tricks will be heading to Blisters.

Lone Wolf
11-11-2007, 09:14
no need to leave late friday nite. the party is saturday afternoon/evening. get some sleep. :)

Wonder
11-11-2007, 12:14
We'll see......I just like to get where i"m goin'.

fishinfred
11-11-2007, 13:53
Y'all have fun ! I'll be up here in Winter Wonderland ....dang it all!
I'll be down in the Spring though for sure!
:)

sloopjonboswell
11-11-2007, 19:16
me hopes to find the time and the finances. -pike county

Ron Haven
11-12-2007, 22:21
Y'all have fun ! I'll be up here in Winter Wonderland ....dang it all!
I'll be down in the Spring though for sure!
:)Fred,I wish you could stop in but I will be looking forward to seeing you at the 2008 Hiker Fool Bash ;) I have been out of town but when I got on tonight I had some pm's of more folks who will be coming.I believe it is going to turn out great.:)

Chocolate Bandito
11-14-2007, 23:59
Hey Ron! I'll be there. Looking forward to it :-)

Gaiter
11-15-2007, 00:29
I'm really hoping i can make it, won't know for sure till i'm there... i think i'll have something to drive, i just don't know about these gas prices, I even have a valid driver's license (long story, some of you already know it)

anyone else from southeastern NC going? care to split cost of gas?

Marta
11-15-2007, 07:32
I'm really hoping i can make it, won't know for sure till i'm there... i think i'll have something to drive, i just don't know about these gas prices, I even have a valid driver's license (long story, some of you already know it)

anyone else from southeastern NC going? care to split cost of gas?

Where are you exactly? W-S? I'll be driving down from Charlotte.

Ewker
11-15-2007, 10:41
As much as I wanted to come to this I am out. I am having surgery the Monday before this happens. Hope everyone has fun

Lone Wolf
11-15-2007, 10:41
I'll be driving down from Charlotte.

due west and a little UP. :)

Marta
11-15-2007, 11:29
due west and a little UP. :)

Hair-splitter!;)

Actually, the big map of NC on the office wall shows that Franklin is a tiny bit south of Charlotte. So...out of curiosity, I checked.

Charlotte: 35 degrees 13' 37"

Franklin: 35 degrees 43' 16"

In fact, it's darned hard to get there from here. Maybe we need a big ole highway running through those annoying mountains. (Ducks and runs...)

Gaiter
11-15-2007, 15:54
lumberton, near fayetteville, no longer in w-s unfortunately.

Wonder
11-15-2007, 17:00
As much as I wanted to come to this I am out. I am having surgery the Monday before this happens. Hope everyone has fun

Good luck! Make sure to enjoy your thanksgiving hike to the fullest!!!!

Ewker
11-15-2007, 17:18
Good luck! Make sure to enjoy your thanksgiving hike to the fullest!!!!

Wonder, unfortunately I had to cancel that trip. :(

Ron Haven
11-15-2007, 23:48
Hey Ron! I'll be there. Looking forward to it :-) sloopjonboswell,Gaiter,and Chocolate Bandito I am glad to hear all of you are coming.I think it will be a great get together.:) Gaiter,when did you change your name?

Gaiter
11-16-2007, 01:27
thickredhair was an old screen name that i started using in middle school, gaiter is my given trail name, it was to the point of me introducing myself and signing registers w/ both names, then there were the people that meet me on my first section that just know me as hanna, so i'm trying to simplify it.

and to answer the question, a couple days ago

Ron Haven
11-16-2007, 11:25
Hair-splitter!;)

Actually, the big map of NC on the office wall shows that Franklin is a tiny bit south of Charlotte. So...out of curiosity, I checked.

Charlotte: 35 degrees 13' 37"

Franklin: 35 degrees 43' 16"

In fact, it's darned hard to get there from here. Maybe we need a big ole highway running through those annoying mountains. (Ducks and runs...)Marta,in miles Charlotte to Franklin is about 170 miles isn't it using 85,74,26,40,74,to 441S ?

Ron Haven
11-16-2007, 11:31
thickredhair was an old screen name that i started using in middle school, gaiter is my given trail name, it was to the point of me introducing myself and signing registers w/ both names, then there were the people that meet me on my first section that just know me as hanna, so i'm trying to simplify it.

and to answer the question, a couple days agosounds great,I always thought thick red hair sounded nice also.

Wonder
11-16-2007, 12:13
I agree....it was unique! Ron, I know you're getting this catered but, do you want me to make my famous Cole Slaw?? Stright out yankee stuff though.....won't find little shreads or pickles in this masterpiece!
(I'm hoping if I make side-dishey stuff....Mother Nature will feel that she should make some candy.............)

Ron Haven
11-16-2007, 23:06
I agree....it was unique! Ron, I know you're getting this catered but, do you want me to make my famous Cole Slaw?? Stright out yankee stuff though.....won't find little shreads or pickles in this masterpiece!
(I'm hoping if I make side-dishey stuff....Mother Nature will feel that she should make some candy.............)I talked to Fat Buddies today and ordered 35 servings.I told them I may need more but if fine folks as yourself brings some food this may be enough.Also if we got into the party and need more I can call and order more.

I want to remind all who is coming.This is a gathering to have a great time but no one is required to bring food.All who does will be appriciated.PS Wonder.I love cole slaw.I have spent a lot of time up north and there is plenty of foods from up north.:)

Wonder
11-16-2007, 23:43
Ok then.....If I get the weekend off....yankee clow slaw it is! If WOlf will eat it, it's GOTTA be good!:D

Ron Haven
11-18-2007, 00:47
I talked to Fat Buddies today and ordered 35 servings.I told them I may need more but if fine folks as yourself brings some food this may be enough.Also if we got into the party and need more I can call and order more.

I want to remind all who is coming.This is a gathering to have a great time but no one is required to bring food.All who does will be appriciated.PS Wonder.I love cole slaw.I have spent a lot of time up north and there is plenty of foods from up north.:)I was saying there is plenty of good food from up north that I like.

Wonder
11-18-2007, 03:06
Shoot, yeah! Cheesesteaks, pork roll, chewy rolls....... All good things! THere is a reason that Philly is a many time winner of the fattest city in America award!

Sly
11-18-2007, 03:13
There's going to be Philly cheese steaks!! Cool...

Ramble~On
11-18-2007, 04:15
Cheesecake...did somebody say cheesecake ? I'm in.

Mother Nature
11-18-2007, 09:22
(I'm hoping if I make side-dishey stuff....Mother Nature will feel that she should make some candy.............)

Peppermint Patties are coming! And I look forward to go old Yankee Coleslaw!!!!!
Anyone interested in the coconut "mounds" candy as well?

MN

Wonder
11-18-2007, 12:02
YEs, please!!!! You got me hooked on your candy a the SoRuck last year!!! I need a fix!:banana

Ron Haven
11-18-2007, 17:34

This is only a suggestion.To those who can make it give me your ideas here,e-mal me ar you are welcome to call me.I'll try to see if my uncle is going to stop by.

Marta
11-18-2007, 20:31
Marta,in miles Charlotte to Franklin is about 170 miles isn't it using 85,74,26,40,74,to 441S ?

Yep, something like that. It's a pretty drive most of the way, and fast unless... The last few times there have been construction and repaving projects going on.

baxter
11-18-2007, 21:19
Hey Ron, I met you last year, my daughter, Becky, works at Three Eagles. My name is Chuck Allen, I live in Franklin and I'm thru hiking next year. Anyway me and my wife want to come and meet some folks. I'll call you this week, count us in.

Ron Haven
11-18-2007, 21:30
Hey Ron, I met you last year, my daughter, Becky, works at Three Eagles. My name is Chuck Allen, I live in Franklin and I'm thru hiking next year. Anyway me and my wife want to come and meet some folks. I'll call you this week, count us in.Sounds very good we would love to have you,and tell Becky and the others at Three Eagles they are invited as well.

Jan LiteShoe
11-18-2007, 21:37
lumberton, near fayetteville, no longer in w-s unfortunately.
Hey Gaiter, I'm here in Southern Pines. Come on up and walk some.

Just saw this thread - I have to be at the Hike Inn that Saturday eve, but in the meantime ... hummmmm.
Can't see how to get there from here with any efficiency.
Still ...
:D

Jan LiteShoe
11-18-2007, 21:39
Peppermint Patties are coming! And I look forward to go old Yankee Coleslaw!!!!!
Anyone interested in the coconut "mounds" candy as well?

MN

Oh man, candy, my downfall...
Your patties were deee-lish, and coconut - swoon!
There ... must ... be... a... way...

Miss Janet
11-19-2007, 02:35
Oh way, smay...

You can hike the whole AT and you can't figure out how to get to Franklin?? You follow the white blazes on the road! DUH!! I hope I get to see you there!

Jan LiteShoe
11-19-2007, 11:04
Oh way, smay...

You can hike the whole AT and you can't figure out how to get to Franklin?? You follow the white blazes on the road! DUH!! I hope I get to see you there!

I said "with efficiency," babe. Don't make me moon you.
:sun

Come to think of it, walking to Franklin wasn't very efficient either.

peanuts
11-19-2007, 13:50
so, dec 1st its the day....the van its not leaking anymore....so a trip is due!!! am coming....

Skidsteer
11-19-2007, 18:41
I said "with efficiency," babe. Don't make me moon you.
:sun

Come to think of it, walking to Franklin wasn't very efficient either.

Moon her! Moon her!

That sort of activity is best done in person, hence you must be in Franklin to make a good job of it. :)

Ron Haven
11-20-2007, 18:51
so, dec 1st its the day....the van its not leaking anymore....so a trip is due!!! am coming....

I am counting about 42 who has said they were coming,are there any more?

Frosty
11-20-2007, 20:57
thickredhair was an old screen name that i started using in middle school, You had internet when you were in middle school? When I went to college, we still used slide rules.

Gaiter
11-20-2007, 21:09
actually had internet in elementary school, got it in 4th grade, had a ibm pcII, aol was a long distance, so we weren't able to use it much, didn't have my own e-mail account till middle school
lol, and they wonder why my generation has adhd so bad.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-20-2007, 21:27
Alas, there will not be Dinos this year. The He-dino has something he must do in town that weekend. :(

Wonder
11-21-2007, 03:11
actually had internet in elementary school, got it in 4th grade, had a ibm pcII, aol was a long distance, so we weren't able to use it much, didn't have my own e-mail account till middle school
lol, and they wonder why my generation has adhd so bad.

Wow...that statement made me feel old.....and I only have less then 5 years on you...............technology move quick!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-21-2007, 08:29
Young whipper-snappers - when I was in college a computer that wouldn't do half of what your cell phones will do was roughly the size of a 2000 sq ft house and you communicated with it via punched cards (http://www.tietokonemuseo.saunalahti.fi/eng/laite_eng.htm). Storage media was reel to reel tape.

peanuts
11-21-2007, 11:51
yep, fd, i remember those days...... endocing the punch cards and changing the reels every few hours.....thank god we have come so forward.....
>>>back to topic<<<
ron, i need direction to your establishment...i've never been there and time plse...

SawnieRobertson
11-21-2007, 12:07
Ron, this is the neatest idea. I wish so much that I could be there. As so often happens, finances stand in my way. My three Standard Poodles would have to be boarded both Saturday and Sunday nights, and that's way too far of budget. If I get to go, it'll be a case of loading them up in the backseat, driving to Franklin, being there an hour or two mid-day, and then heading back home. This is an evening party, isn't it? I look forward to meeting you in the future though. You obviously are a blessing to the AT.--Kinnickinic

Ron Haven
11-22-2007, 00:32
Ron, this is the neatest idea. I wish so much that I could be there. As so often happens, finances stand in my way. My three Standard Poodles would have to be boarded both Saturday and Sunday nights, and that's way too far of budget. If I get to go, it'll be a case of loading them up in the backseat, driving to Franklin, being there an hour or two mid-day, and then heading back home. This is an evening party, isn't it? I look forward to meeting you in the future though. You obviously are a blessing to the AT.--KinnickinicSawnie,many are coming Friday night and leaving Sunday.I have the Franklin Memorial Park rented for Sat.

I wanted to start having the food out by around lunch til evening as late as you folks want.Even after we leave the park I am sure people will be gathering at the motels until a little later.Sure hope you can make it.

ron, i need direction to your establishment...i've never been there and time plse...Peanut if you are coming into Franklin on 441 north out of Georgia.At the 4th red light turn right,Budget Inn is 1 1/2 blocks on the right,Sapphire Inn is just past 2 more red lights on the right.

For anyone coming south into Franklin,take the 1st Franklin exit.Sapphire Inn is on the left at the 2nd red light and Budget Inn is on the left just past two more red lights.

Ron Haven
11-23-2007, 23:31
Sounds like a good time. Count me in.1 more week :sun

Roots
11-24-2007, 00:26
1 more week :sun

The jealousy is becoming a HUGE issue at this point:D ! My husband and I had made prior plans a while back and were extremely disappointed when we saw we were going to miss the Christmas Party. We will definitely be thinking about you guys and know you'll have a great time. We'll see you at SORUCK!! Can't wait to meet you, finally!! See you soon!

Gaiter
11-24-2007, 16:03
looks like i won't be making it, but on the bright side i got a job

Big Oz
11-25-2007, 17:21
Sawnie,many are coming Friday night and leaving Sunday.I have the Franklin Memorial Park rented for Sat.

I wanted to start having the food out by around lunch til evening as late as you folks want.Even after we leave the park I am sure people will be gathering at the motels until a little later.Sure hope you can make it.

ron, i need direction to your establishment...i've never been there and time plse...Peanut if you are coming into Franklin on 441 north out of Georgia.At the 4th red light turn right,Budget Inn is 1 1/2 blocks on the right,Sapphire Inn is just past 2 more red lights on the right.

For anyone coming south into Franklin,take the 1st Franklin exit.Sapphire Inn is on the left at the 2nd red light and Budget Inn is on the left just past two more red lights.Man I would like to go.Franklin is a cool town.

Ron Haven
11-25-2007, 23:57

This is only a suggestion.To those who can make it give me your ideas here,e-mal me ar you are welcome to call me.These are the folks who have said they were planning to attend:Amazon Woman, Baxter & Ms Baxter, Chocolate Bandito, D,Artegan, Doug & Sue Crisp, Fat Man, Fran & Laura Of Cloud9, L.Wolf, Mala, Marta, Miss Janet, Mother Nature, Peanut, Ron & Maricela Haven, Skidster, Sky Hiker2, Sly, Smoke Stack, Spirit Wind, The Only Wanderer, Waterfall, Wrightsphoto, and Wonder.About 15 or so local people are planning on coming also.

These are maybe coming:Janliteshoe, Mel-Gazelle, Pirate, Sloopjonboswell?
Hoping Sgt Rock, Dixie Critter & the kids can make it.If there is others who are planning to come please let me know soon either by a post here, a pm or call us (828)524-4403.I want to be ready with enough food and drinks to serve all who is coming.It is only a week away and all Whiteblazers are envited to attend,

We are planning to start the food Saturday around 12 noon.We are still open for other ideas and suggestions for the party.

Miss Janet
11-26-2007, 01:39
Earlier I sent this idea to Ron to see what he thought. He said to go ahead and see if you all want to do it.

Just an idea for fun...

Every year my family does a gift swap and it is hilarious fun. Everyone brings a wrapped gift... it can be ANYTHING... a gag gift, a can of dog food or a nice gift or even a giftcard. All the gifts are numbered and all the family draws numbers. Then during the "Swap" the person with #1 picks any gift they want... but they CAN NOT open it yet. Then #2 can picks any gift they want or they can take the gift # 1 has... then # 1 has to choose again. Repeat until everyone has a gift. The NICELY wrapped or BIG packages usually get swapped around alot! Then after the last person chooses everyone can open their gifts and see what they were fighting over!

Can I post to see if there is any interest in bringing a gift and doing a gift swap?? I was thinking it should be a piece of hiking gear, an AT related item or a gag gift that is trail related in some way. We could do the swap after the BBQ at the center you have rented.

"I think it is a great idea. Let's go for it. I think it would be a lot of fun for all also." Mayor Haven

Wonder
11-26-2007, 11:35
I like it.....gotta be cheap tho. Taking a weekend off in my business is not really the wisest thing to do......

Miss Janet
11-26-2007, 13:07
If we do the Gift Swap it should be REGIFTING things we already have... used gear items, AT related books... a highly collectible pair of genuine ThruHiker hiking boots!!! Or inexpensive fun presents. Just don't tell people what you are bringing and maybe bring an extra wrapped item or two for the hikers that are on the trail that will be coming so they can participate. REMEMBER This is just for fun.

SO, do you want to do it??

Miss Janet
11-26-2007, 13:10
Ron, I know of at least a half dozen that plan to walk into Franklin Friday or Saturday for your party... I didn't think they had been counted yet.

Sly
11-26-2007, 13:23
I'll bring something if I remember. ;)

Wonder
11-26-2007, 13:57
If we do the Gift Swap it should be REGIFTING things we already have... used gear items, AT related books... a highly collectible pair of genuine ThruHiker hiking boots!!! Or inexpensive fun presents. Just don't tell people what you are bringing and maybe bring an extra wrapped item or two for the hikers that are on the trail that will be coming so they can participate. REMEMBER This is just for fun.

SO, do you want to do it??

You just wanna get rid of more stuff;)
Anyway....just got the schedule! I'll be there friday night!

Lone Wolf
11-26-2007, 14:24
i want to have a campfire with a xmas storytelling contest

Miss Janet
11-26-2007, 15:33
You be in charge Lone Wolf! Can I read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" right before you start your Christmas stories???? You bring the prizes for the best, longest, and funniest stories!!!

Lone Wolf
11-26-2007, 15:34
i gotta consult jester on how to run a contest like that

Sly
11-26-2007, 16:29
Oh boy, story telling at the campfire. Are the bars open late in Franklin? Do they even have bars in Franklin?

Lone Wolf
11-26-2007, 16:30
the bowling alley and the v.f.w. i think

Sly
11-26-2007, 16:34
the bowling alley and the v.f.w. i think

Is the VFW open to the public? If not, I gues it's campfire stories! ;)

Lone Wolf
11-26-2007, 16:36
Is the VFW open to the public? If not, I gues it's campfire stories! ;)

no and i just checked the bowling alley. doesn't look like any alcohol served. we can drink at the rental hall ron has set up

solace
11-26-2007, 16:54
A classy guy putting on a Classy event as always.. WELL DONE RON! And w/ L. Wolf & Pirate there... well, you know its gonna be one he*% of a time! NO DOUT THE 4th Annual APRILS FOOLS BASH in 2008 will be the talk of the town!
KTR & I send our best... see you in 14 weeks!

Uncle Silly
11-26-2007, 16:54
we can drink at the rental hall ron has set up

can we have a campfire there? :D

solace
11-26-2007, 16:58
You can drink @ the RATHSKELLAR, but they close EARLY during the week, and mabye 10-11 I rememebr on FRI & SAT.. Just Beer & Wine, The Bowling Alley has a full bar, (The TIKI BAR) but last call there is either 11 or midnight... nothin wrong w/ grabbing a case of cold suds and quenchin your thrist w/ Ron & the Gang

Sly
11-26-2007, 17:04
I was looking for an umbrella drink. :) Anyone hhave a good recipe for Mai Tai's?

Uncle Silly
11-26-2007, 17:12
I was looking for an umbrella drink. :) Anyone hhave a good recipe for Mai Tai's?

Figures you'd want something girly.

7 different recipes:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Bartending/Cocktails/Mai_Tai

basic history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_Tai

Sly
11-26-2007, 17:14
Figures you'd want something girly.

LOL... yeah , pretty quick wth the recipes Uncle Silly! ;) Thanks.

Sly
11-26-2007, 17:17
7 different recipes:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Bartending/Cocktails/Mai_Tai

Ummm... three kinds of liquor. My type of cocktail, with or without umbrella! :D

Uncle Silly
11-26-2007, 17:20
LOL... yeah , pretty quick wth the recipes Uncle Silly! ;) Thanks.

More due to my Google habit than any real knowledge of rum drinks, I can assure you...

Sly
11-26-2007, 17:22
More due to my Google habit than any real knowledge of rum drinks, I can assure you...

Well pardon me. Looks like you could have been a pirate in another life. But I guess you're just a geek. :p

Ron Haven
11-26-2007, 20:34
A classy guy putting on a Classy event as always.. WELL DONE RON! And w/ L. Wolf & Pirate there... well, you know its gonna be one he*% of a time! NO DOUT THE 4th Annual APRILS FOOLS BASH in 2008 will be the talk of the town!
KTR & I send our best... see you in 14 weeks!Thanks Solace,You are your brother are invited too :) .

Sly,I'm sure having booz won't be a problem at low profile.The motel is ok also.Times just changed a year ago.There is bars here now.In fact the Prime Sirloin that was just behind Budget Inn is now a huge night club,Here is the website http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/ and where the internet cafe was is now J D Place.A nice club.Almost all or the restaurants are selling mixed drinks and beer.

And L.Wolf I think there is a place for a campfire at the outside picnic area at the park.I could have one of my maintaince guys to haul us some wood to it.

Miss Janet I think the gift idea is great.I think Marta suggested this idea too.I want to leave you girls in charge of this.The last one of these I was at I got a playboy book.

Had today 2 south bounders who said they were coming back for the party.
They said they were going to meet up with Alpine and his girlfriend at Neels Gap.

Lone Wolf
11-26-2007, 20:37
And L.Wolf I think there is a place for a campfire at the outside picnic area at the park.I could have one of my maintaince guys to haul us some wood to it.

oh s**t! i was kiddin' about the stories. but i'll pay for the wood so i can ban any storytelling. a fire would be nice

Ron Haven
11-26-2007, 20:49
KTR & I send our best... see you in 14 weeks!

oh s**t! i was kiddin' about the stories. but i'll pay for the wood so i can ban any storytelling. a fire would be niceO come on.I'll help you.I got a whole pocket full o tales.I got a new one about my cousin Luther who sold the preacher a lawn mower that wouldn't crank without cussin it.

I already got some wood I been savin for campfire tales.

Wonder
11-26-2007, 22:24
Oh....you HAVE to let Ron tell storys!!!!
I'll bring my redneck dictionary! My favorite Ron-ism "This here band is finer then a frog hair split four ways"

fishinfred
11-26-2007, 23:11
Ronnie tellin stories ....
Oh Man ! I sure wish I was able to make the trip ....
Y'all are gonna have a Hoot of a time!
Hopefully I will be able to make it down for the spring Bash
HAVE FUN

Ron Haven
11-28-2007, 04:34
Is the VFW open to the public? If not, I gues it's campfire stories! ;)Sly,you have to be a member of the VFW and the American Legion here in Franklin which both have bars.

Ron Haven
11-28-2007, 04:38
Ronnie tellin stories ....
Oh Man ! I sure wish I was able to make the trip ....
Y'all are gonna have a Hoot of a time!
Hopefully I will be able to make it down for the spring Bash
HAVE FUNFred I'll save a story for you when you come in the spring.Wonder as for you I'll tell you the one about my great aunt Lizzie that the lice eat up.:o

Miss Janet
11-28-2007, 12:48
Now, Ron, they have to be Christmas stories... thats what Lone Wolf says!!

Wonder
11-28-2007, 13:07
Um....I vote against that. An Aunt eatin' lice story sounds waaaaayyyy too amusing

Ron Haven
11-28-2007, 19:07
Now, Ron, they have to be Christmas stories... thats what Lone Wolf says!!Oh I see like why Santa don't have kids:D I got the keys to the bldg today an went shopping for several things we would need.I talked to Fatt Buddies Bar Q and everything will be ready by noon Sat.

One thing I didn't expect was their rules were no alcahol on this property,but in the evening we have plenty of space at both motels.

Or,I have a shop right behind there with a pool table,furnace,refrigerator,tables and TV.Not your regular shop.;)

Looking to see all of you.

Marta
11-28-2007, 19:19
One thing I didn't expect was their rules were no alcahol on this property,but in the evening we have plenty of space at both motels.

We may want to have the vehicles parked for the night before getting going on that part of the partying anyway.;)

Looking forward to it!

Ron Haven
11-28-2007, 20:21
We may want to have the vehicles parked for the night before getting going on that part of the partying anyway.;)

Looking forward to it!The last thing I don't want to imagine is one of my trail friends in trouble for DUI.I have vans and people to drive.I want to suggest that everyones car is just fine at the motels.This way all will be safe and won't have the thoughts of problems with the police.

Lone Wolf
11-28-2007, 20:27
Anybody coming Friday afternoon/evening? Was just talking to Wonder at Dot's. We was thinkin' of going bowling. Any takers? Sly?

Sly
11-28-2007, 20:36
Anybody coming Friday afternoon/evening? Was just talking to Wonder at Dot's. We was thinkin' of going bowling. Any takers? Sly?

Oh yeah. I have a room for Fri and Sat. I'll be at the Budget Inn by check in time! :D

Lone Wolf
11-28-2007, 20:39
Oh yeah. I have a room for Fri and Sat. I'll be at the Budget Inn by check in time! :D

looks like i'll be there at the Sapphire around 5ish friday. bowling it is! :)

Wonder
11-28-2007, 22:03
yeah!!!! I get to wear funny shoes, hurl heavy objects, and go to a Tiki bar in a bowling alley with a bunch of hiker trash!!! There is not a thing about that I don't like!

Wonder
11-28-2007, 22:04
By the way....driving.....NOT IT!!!:D:D:D

Miss Janet
11-28-2007, 23:53
We could do Extreme Bowling... rent 5=6 lanes and EVERYBODY bowls on all lanes... It can get fast and furious...

Sly
11-28-2007, 23:58
It it big balls or little balls?

Ron Haven
11-29-2007, 18:58
yeah!!!! I get to wear funny shoes, hurl heavy objects, and go to a Tiki bar in a bowling alley with a bunch of hiker trash!!! There is not a thing about that I don't like!Franklin has a very nice bowling alley.

Lone Wolf
11-30-2007, 10:31
It it big balls or little balls?

BIG balls. they ain't got duckpins down here. i been practicing with big ass rocks. BTW Sly, i called pirate at neel gap and told him you'd be there 2:00ish

Sly
11-30-2007, 11:53
BIG balls. they ain't got duckpins down here. i been practicing with big ass rocks. BTW Sly, i called pirate at neel gap and told him you'd be there 2:00ish

I was thinking of candlepin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlepin_bowling), bowling that takes skill. :D OK, on Pirate. I guess I better get moving. :o

Miss Janet
11-30-2007, 12:06
I will be on my way with That Guy and Mala about 3:00 this afternoon. I know that there are some SoBo's that will be at the NOC in the morning that would like a ride up to Franklin... 5-6 of them if anyone has a way to go get them.

REMEMBER YOUR PRESENTS FOR THE "BAD SANTA" GIFT SWAP!!

If you can bring an extra wrapped gift then we will be able to get everyone involved. It will be FUN!!! Even the big ole tough guys like LW and Pirate and Mala will have fun with it. Hey, when did this turn into a Blue Blazing Hobo Hiker Trash Christmas Party???

Lone Wolf
11-30-2007, 12:08
Hey, when did this turn into a Blue Blazing Hobo Hiker Trash Christmas Party???

all the sissy billvillians are up north

Marta
11-30-2007, 12:14
It turns out to be a good thing I wasn't planning to drive down until tomorrow morning. I had to push-start my car this morning. It's in the shop right now. They tell me it's nothing sinister. It's got a new battery.

Hopefully I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

Jan LiteShoe
11-30-2007, 12:25
If I could make it Friday eve, where are folks congrgating?
I'll be on my way down to Amicalola for a book signing on Saturday, and I don't want to drive all the way in the dark.

Lone Wolf
11-30-2007, 12:26
I'll be on my way down to Amicalola for a book signing on Saturday, and I don't want to drive all the way in the dark.

bowling alley and the Budget Inn

Chocolate Bandito
11-30-2007, 12:50
I can get the sobos at NOC- or at as many as'll fit in my car. Can strap one on top if worse comes to worse. ;)

Miss Janet
11-30-2007, 13:15

So, how about we get a special book signing at the Bowling Alley???

Ron Haven
11-30-2007, 22:56
I can get the sobos at NOC- or at as many as'll fit in my car. Can strap one on top if worse comes to worse. ;)Bandito,there was 4 Sobo's at Brown Fork Shelter this afternoon looking for a ride up tomorrow morning.If you want to check with Miss Janet.She is at Budget Inn,828-524-4403

Ron Haven
11-30-2007, 22:59
I'll be on my way down to Amicalola for a book signing on Saturday, and I don't want to drive all the way in the dark.Jan,how much is your book?

Chocolate Bandito
11-30-2007, 23:10
Okey-doke. Thanx, Ron

Ramble~On
12-01-2007, 07:49
I'll be heading over in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.

Wonder
12-01-2007, 10:14
Ahhhh...morning in Franklin. All sort of strange looking bearded folk around...and hot coffee in he office. Looks like it's gonna be a good day!

Lone Wolf
12-01-2007, 10:24
Ahhhh...morning in Franklin. All sort of strange looking bearded folk around...and hot coffee in he office. Looks like it's gonna be a good day!

beer will be involved

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-01-2007, 10:28
::: Dino fights urge to jump in car and go to Franklin :::

Lone Wolf
12-01-2007, 10:32
::: Dino fights urge to jump in car and go to Franklin :::

get your butt here. pirate, sly, miss janet, that guy, mala, wonder and jan liteshoe are here at the Budget. party starts around 12:00, goes til ?. lotsa BBQ to be ett

Roots
12-01-2007, 11:25
You guys are going to have so much fun...JEALOUSY has set in!!! Hate that we can't be there. Hope to see you guys at the ruck. Have one (or ten:D ) for us!!

Gaiter
12-01-2007, 12:18
have another one for me, really really really really wish i could go,
on the very bright side, my new job is going really well, and it looks like i'll be able to get the weekend for the soruck off!!! and i won't be broke then either!!!

Ron Haven
12-01-2007, 22:27
have another one for me, really really really really wish i could go,
on the very bright side, my new job is going really well, and it looks like i'll be able to get the weekend for the soruck off!!! and i won't be broke then either!!!Trail Friends,you can't imagine what you are missing :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-01-2007, 22:44
One multipart word: Simul-webcast :D

Gaiter
12-01-2007, 23:35
Trail Friends,you can't imagine what you are missing :D

LA LA LA LA LA can't hear you LA LA LA LA
trying hard not to think about it, but i'm also trying not to hear the constant nutcracker in my head either. aaagggghhhhh i hate working nutcracker shows!

Ron Haven
12-02-2007, 03:13
LA LA LA LA LA can't hear you LA LA LA LA
trying hard not to think about it, but i'm also trying to hear the constant nutcracker in my head either. aaagggghhhhh i hate working nutcracker shows!Gaiter,hope your jor works out great.Long hours.I just got home 2:00am :D

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 09:35
Trail Friends,you can't imagine what you are missing :D

he wasn't lyin'. hoo boy! :eek:

Wonder
12-02-2007, 09:43
Oh...the stories were wonderful

dixicritter
12-02-2007, 11:05
So not fair guys! Dang Army keeping us from being there!!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2007, 11:12
::: Franklin West party at Rock and Dixi's right after church :D :::

Wonder
12-02-2007, 11:19
It's10:15am...... We'll all be there as soon as Miss Janet wakes up:D

dixicritter
12-02-2007, 11:28
Thanks for the warning... ;)

Mother Nature
12-02-2007, 15:33
Absolutely wonderful time! We had a great time getting to know each WBer better.. some better than others :eek:

Many thanks for the wonderful visit by Santa.

Hope to see everyone who came and those who could not at the SoRuck!

MN

Oh...the stories were wonderful

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 15:34
Absolutely wonderful time! We had a great time getting to know each WBer better.. some better than others :eek:

Many thanks for the wonderful visit by Santa.

Hope to see everyone who came and those who could not at the SoRuck!

MN

you know you loved spending time with me

Skidsteer
12-02-2007, 15:55
The photos should be an absolute riot. I can't remember who to bribe.

Marta
12-02-2007, 16:02
Back home. On mature consideration I decided not to go for a walk today, but to build a fire in the fireplace, and sit there, petting the cat and reading all afternoon. To recover, you know.

Good to see y'all who were there; am sorry for the ones who couldn't make it.

And a huge, huge thanks to Ron!

Miss Janet
12-02-2007, 16:10
You should try to bribe ME! I just looked at the pictures I have and there are a few that will be famous!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2007, 16:12
::: Photoshopping Dino empties piggy bank :::

Skidsteer
12-02-2007, 16:26
You should try to bribe ME! I just looked at the pictures I have and there are a few that will be famous!

You might get a new hostel out of L. Wolf. :D

::: Photoshopping Dino empties piggy bank :::

Oh no......

Back home. On mature consideration I decided not to go for a walk today, but to build a fire in the fireplace, and sit there, petting the cat and reading all afternoon. To recover, you know.

Good to see y'all who were there; am sorry for the ones who couldn't make it.

And a huge, huge thanks to Ron!

I'm with you there. No exercise today!

Thank you Ron and Marcella for being excellent hosts as always. We really appreciate you folks.

Marta
12-02-2007, 16:28
[quote=Skidsteer;461179]
I'm with you there. No exercise today!
[quote]

It's your fault! You're the one who gave me the idea.

Miss Janet
12-02-2007, 16:35
Maybe I could start a bidding war between LW and Lady Dino...

peanuts
12-02-2007, 17:01
well guys i made it home at midnite....my dad asked why was i home? oh well. had a wonderful time glad to meet new faces and see old ones:)

thanks to ron and marcella for being such exellent host. the food was delicious....
see you at the next franklin xmas
new years at springer!
and the soruck!!!!

fehchet
12-02-2007, 17:22
Thanks Ron and family and all who came. Good to meet so many nice hiker folk.

Wonder
12-02-2007, 18:14
I had a wonderful time....and I can't wait to see those pics.....woowee! Thank you sooooooo much to Ron for hosting such a wonderful event.....and we can not forget the unsung hero behind it all Marcela Haven...thanks to such an amazing woman! ("behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes :-) Bruce Almighty)
It always does a heart good to spend some time with my hiking brethern. Love ya all......and I CAN"T WAIT until Gypsy sees that pic of Wold....hehehehehe
Off to go nurse my party ending tooth.

nitewalker
12-02-2007, 18:23
all i have to say is tooooooo funnnnny.....

Sly
12-02-2007, 18:24
Yeah, great time seeing everyone. Thanks for everything Ron. We'll see y'all again at the SoRuck.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2007, 18:31
Maybe I could start a bidding war between LW and Lady Dino...
I CAN"T WAIT until Gypsy sees that pic of Wold....hehehehehe
all i have to say is tooooooo funnnnny.....::: Dino cheks on bid and impatiently waits for pic to be released :::

Ron Haven
12-02-2007, 18:47
Yeah, great time seeing everyone. Thanks for everything Ron. We'll see y'all again at the SoRuck.We were so proud to have the opportunity for Maricela & Me to host such a group of great friends.I thank each of you that came and I hope to see at the Soruck.I wish all of the whiteblazers the most blessed and Happy Holidays from my family to yours.:)

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 22:00
i will confess. i am a hypocrite. mooning is not cool. last nite i mooned. just 1 cheek. but still. i'm sorry. i know it will be posted. i'm very ashamed.

Mother Nature
12-02-2007, 22:01
you know you loved spending time with me

Yes I did, sweet cheeks. :sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2007, 22:02
i will confess. i am a hypocrite. mooning is not cool. last nite i mooned. just 1 cheek. but still. i'm sorry. i know it will be posted. i'm very ashamed.Was PBR involved in this shocking incident? I lubs me some LW even if he showed a half-moon

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 23:03
busch light. but very few. we were discussing underwear. i said i don't wear it. was asked to prove it. i did. got photographed doing it

A-Train
12-02-2007, 23:14
piss water. Why bother even drinking?

Wonder
12-02-2007, 23:18
I"m sitting here laughing myself to tears all over again! I thought that Skidsteer was going to explode!!!
LW's face when he realized what he had done was priceless........
Wolf, as a thank you for making me laugh so hard......I won't bring it up at Dot's;)

Waterfall
12-02-2007, 23:18
What a fun weekend--good to see old friends and meet a few new ones. Ron & Maricela, thanks! See everyone at the SoRuck!

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 23:21
piss water. Why bother even drinking?

i've seen your type. you drink $8 a six-pack beer. after you're done with 6 you're lookin' for more. any beer will do. saw it last nite. yuppie runs out of beer, hits up the fat old busch beer drinkers for an extra beer. you're all the same. puttin on aires :)

Dakota Dan
12-02-2007, 23:26
I was coming to the BBQ but got delayed. BTW, I didn't make reservations either. I got into Highlands last night late with a lot of stuff to do today, so I crashed. Maybe next time, I like good vittles.

Dakota Dan
12-02-2007, 23:29
i've seen your type. you drink $8 a six-pack beer. after you're done with 6 you're lookin' for more. any beer will do. saw it last nite. yuppie runs out of beer, hits up the fat old busch beer drinkers for an extra beer. you're all the same. puttin on aires :)

I'm a Redneck that drinks Heineken, is that a oxymoron or just being a moron?

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 23:33
I'm a Redneck that drinks Heineken, is that a oxymoron or just being a moron?

neither. but guys like A-Train talk a big game but i've seen boys like him suck down PBRs at "trail magic" coolers.

pitdog
12-02-2007, 23:38
are us yankees invited to the party.

Lone Wolf
12-02-2007, 23:40
are us yankees invited to the party.

of course. i'm a native rhode islander. nobody barred me

A-Train
12-02-2007, 23:43

You got me all figured out Doctor. I'm just a simple man :)

On the PCT in washington I was relying on a water source that didn't exist. So dehydrated. A mile later was a cooler filled with only alkyhol. Chugged a Mike's Hard Berry drink. Girly drink. The only time i'd ever consume that crap. Woulda thrown back a Busch Light in an emergency like that

Jan LiteShoe
12-03-2007, 00:05
i will confess. i am a hypocrite. mooning is not cool. last nite i mooned. just 1 cheek. but still. i'm sorry. i know it will be posted. i'm very ashamed.

You SCOFFLAW!
:welcome

pitdog
12-03-2007, 00:06
I like heineken too;however,when I am thirsty Ill drink any beverage.

Dakota Dan
12-03-2007, 00:16
I like Heineken too;however,when I am thirsty Ill drink any beverage.

Got rid of my last girlfriend because she started liking it more than me. Stuffs expensive.:mad:

EWS
12-03-2007, 00:20
Surmounted by beer, wow, that had it hit your self-confidence hard.

pitdog
12-03-2007, 00:22
My favorite long trail ail at the long trail inn.

OregonHiker
12-03-2007, 01:53
of course. i'm a native rhode islander. nobody barred me

Go little rody...wheres about?

Worst year I ever spent was twelve in Woonsocket.

Sorry was trying to get a cheap house in a housing boom,

Worked in Boston

OregonHiker
12-03-2007, 02:01
Ooops...

I meant the worst year I year spent was a week in Woonsocket

or sumphin

Uncle Silly
12-03-2007, 02:12
Worst year I ever spent was twelve in Woonsocket.

I meant the worst year I year spent was a week in Woonsocket

So which was it? The worst year you ever spent was twelve or a week? Make up your mind!!

Ramble~On
12-03-2007, 04:03
Thanks Ron!
T-minus 362 days until the next one ?
I had a great time....

Skidsteer
12-03-2007, 04:11
I"m sitting here laughing myself to tears all over again! I thought that Skidsteer was going to explode!!!
Wolf, as a thank you for making me laugh so hard......I won't bring it up at Dot's;)

Between LW and Ron's stories, I'm sore from laughing so much.:sun

Marta
12-03-2007, 07:33
Between LW and Ron's stories, I'm sore from laughing so much.:sun

And here I thought the sore heads had another cause...:rolleyes:

Has the SOBO in the kilt gotten out of bed yet? It's a good thing that group is in no hurry to finish their last few miles.

solace
12-03-2007, 11:51
L.Wolf! ONLY 1 Cheek! DARN! You really dissapoint those of use who know you!

pitdog
12-03-2007, 12:07
If you had been to woonsocket RI you will understand.

peanuts
12-03-2007, 12:20
so, i missed hitory in the making.........where's the pic.....:d

Ron Haven
12-03-2007, 18:17
L.Wolf! ONLY 1 Cheek! DARN! You really dissapoint those of use who know you!he got their attention

Skidsteer
12-03-2007, 18:36
It happened just the way L. Wolf described. He had to prove his assertion to retain his honor.

IIRC, one of the women started it. :D

Wonder
12-03-2007, 18:54
Miss Janet!!!!!!

Jack Tarlin
12-03-2007, 19:31
Damn, sounds like a good time. Unfortunately, I was in Glencliff all weekend being Blister's kitchen slave. What a pity we all couldn't have got together somewhere in the middle!

In any case thanks to Ron and his family for everything they do......Ron, sorry we missed you, but I hope to see you in around 100 days in Franklin!

rasudduth
12-03-2007, 20:23
I had a great time Ron! We dubbed the gathering unofficially as "SOBO Trail Days." Thanks again.

Skidsteer
12-03-2007, 20:50
A few photos to start the ball rolling:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20383&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20382&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20381&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20380&catid=favorites

Ron Haven
12-03-2007, 20:53
I had a great time Ron! We dubbed the gathering unofficially as "SOBO Trail Days." Thanks again.All of you are very welcome:)

Ron Haven
12-03-2007, 21:54
A few photos to start the ball rolling:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20383&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20382&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20381&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20380&catid=favorites

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20385&c=534

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=20384&c=534

I have some more coming

Ramble~On
12-04-2007, 02:30
:eek: I put some photos in my gallery.

Ron Haven
12-04-2007, 18:09
Damn, sounds like a good time. Unfortunately, I was in Glencliff all weekend being Blister's kitchen slave. What a pity we all couldn't have got together somewhere in the middle!

In any case thanks to Ron and his family for everything they do......Ron, sorry we missed you, but I hope to see you in around 100 days in Franklin!I wish you could have been here Jack and I will be looking for you at the April Fool Hiker Bash.I sent you a pm wishihg all of you up in NH a great time also a week or so ago.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 461581" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>SpiritWind</TD><TD class=alt2>Thanks Ron!
T-minus 362 days until the next one ?
I had a great time....[/quote] I was glad to have met you :) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 461582" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Skidsteer</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Wonder http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=461478#post461478)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Between LW and Ron's stories, I'm sore from laughing so much [/quote] I believe in having fun. :D </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sly
12-04-2007, 18:51
I can't believe no one has posted the late night fun. I guess I will...

http://tinyurl.com/2o4xup

:eek::D:p;)

Skidsteer
12-04-2007, 18:57

LOL, I was just thinking it was getting time to bump this thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19806).

Marta
12-04-2007, 19:10

That is one sexy crew of elves!!!:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-04-2007, 19:15
That is one sexy crew of elves!!!:DAnd Jenny Criag is certainly working wonders :D

Miss Janet
12-04-2007, 20:16
It happened just the way L. Wolf described. He had to prove his assertion to retain his honor.

IIRC, one of the women started it. :D

Miss Janet!!!!!!

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time... and thinking ahead a little!

No, I will not post THE picture here. But I am taking orders for the alternative SoRuck Name Tags... There is plenty of room for your trailname right across that much talked about cheek!

Nightwalker
12-05-2007, 01:57
No, I will not post THE picture here. But I am taking orders for the alternative SoRuck Name Tags... There is plenty of room for your trailname right across that much talked about cheek!

Girl, you ain't right. I really like that about you!