PDA

View Full Version : Heavy dude, (me) Blogs weight loss with help of Hiking and his Bowflex

corso k-9
10-30-2007, 14:34
I thought I would turn you folks onto this body transformation I am doing on YouTube... I am getting fit by Hiking and using my Bowflex Xtreme 2.
Bowflex has created a website and Blog that will track the transformation. Find it at:
http://bowflexinsider.com

or just go to YouTube and type in my name:

Sean McFall

My ultimate goal is to be in shape to NoBo thru-hike the AT in 2009
Please follow my progress if you'd like and post feedback on the Blog or on YouTube
See ya on the trail!
-Sean
(trailname - Corsoman)

Appalachian Tater
10-30-2007, 14:36
I thought I would turn you folks onto this body transformation I am doing on YouTube... I am getting fit by Hiking and using my Bowflex Xtreme 2.
Bowflex has created a website and Blog that will track the transformation. Find it at:
http://bowflexinsider.com

or just go to YouTube and type in my name:

Sean McFall

My ultimate goal is to be in shape to NoBo thru-hike the AT in 2009
Please follow my progress if you'd like and post feedback on the Blog or on YouTube
See ya on the trail!
-Sean
(trailname - Corsoman)

As long as you're doctor clears you, you're good to go for 2008. Nothing like climbing mountains to work off fat. You could probably lose 50 pounds on a thru-hike.

Freeleo
10-30-2007, 14:43
good luck with your journey

corso k-9
10-30-2007, 14:43
I wish I could Tater.... too many loose ends to tie up before then... I just need more time... I'm pretty sure that 2009 is my year.... I hope it's a good one on the trail.

Appalachian Tater
10-30-2007, 15:03
I wish I could Tater.... too many loose ends to tie up before then... I just need more time... I'm pretty sure that 2009 is my year.... I hope it's a good one on the trail.

Well, good luck whenever you can make it. I understood that you thought you had to get in shape first. Do it before you're forty, though, in a few years everything will start becoming a little more difficult!

bjj4287
10-30-2007, 15:11
can you work your legs on the bowflex/

corso k-9
10-30-2007, 15:21
yes, the Bowflex has a leg attatchment.... then again, so does the trail...

shoe
10-30-2007, 16:49
corso -

good luck to you. I am doing the same thing. I haven't mastered teh bowflex yet as we just put it up. It is totally different than anything I have ever done.

T-Dubs
10-30-2007, 16:55
yes, the Bowflex has a leg attatchment.... then again, so does the trail...

Good luck with your program. I recently retired from education and took that opportunity to get back into some sort of shape. I'm a bike person and have ridden off about 35 pounds so far. It takes some goal setting--looks like you've got your motivation. Congrats.

If I can do it, anyone can. I plan to section hike next spring and know my legs, at least, will be ready for the Trail.

Tom

SGT Rock
10-30-2007, 17:08
Good luck with that. Getting a partner always helps, and with Youtube you may have thousands.

take-a-knee
10-30-2007, 22:24
can you work your legs on the bowflex/

Yes, you can do leg extensions(sitting), hamstring curls (standing, one leg at at time). There is even a way to do squats but I've never tried it on a bowflex. High repetition squats (15-20 reps) is the single best strength exercise you can do, it works just about every muscle in your body below your diaphragm. If you've never done them you need a coach 'cause you can screw yourself up if you do them wrong.

take-a-knee
10-30-2007, 22:30
corso -

good luck to you. I am doing the same thing. I haven't mastered teh bowflex yet as we just put it up. It is totally different than anything I have ever done.

The Bowflex is the real deal, it is not a gimmick. If you watch that free video they produced that's is narrated by a Reg Phys Therapist you'll realize it is no toy. Get the upright one, the XTLU with the leg attachment. If your money is tight just get a set of dumbells for now and watch the paper, they turn up used all the time. I've seen XTLU's for $400.