PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension Bag

mts4602
10-31-2007, 00:13
I borrowed a Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension 15 degree synthetic bag from a friend for my trip to the smokies Thanksgiving weekend. Does anybody have any experience with this bag or one similar to it? Do you think it's accurate?

My current bag is a 20 degree quest bag and it is not even close to what it says it's rated for. I figured I'd be a little safer with MH. Oh and it's a "large" bag and I'm about 5' 7" or so. Don't know if that extra space is going to matter.

FanaticFringer
10-31-2007, 01:19
Just more weight to carry and space to heat up.

grayl1te
10-31-2007, 05:54
I have this bag...the 15 degree 2nd dimension...I've slept comfortably in nights that dipped into the teens. I like that the baffle unzips the full length...because I've also slept comfortably in much warmer weather. I thought the reg was really short. (I'm 5 7) and ended up returning it and getting the long. It is bulky....and not light...but it compacts better than a lot of synthetics.

grayl1te
10-31-2007, 05:56
oh..doi...I'm a woman...And I'm talking about the woman's bag.

saimyoji
10-31-2007, 07:44
I'm a man.

I had this bag and returned it. Too heavy, not accurate. I was cold in the 30's, though I suspect the particular bag I got was defective (I got my money back from the vendor).