PDA

View Full Version : Kendal Katwalk Chicken & Dumplings

sarbar
10-31-2007, 10:23
Hey J.Quest...this is the dumpling recipe I have used a number of times:

Kendall Katwalk Chicken And Dumplings:

Take:
1 7 ounce foil pouch chicken or 10 ounce can (don't drain)

In a quart bag put:
2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
1 tsp dried chives
1 tsp dried parsley
Mark on bag: "Add 2/3 cup water"

In a sandwich bag put:
3 tsp chicken bullion (low sodium is preferable)

3 Tbsp dried veggie flakes or freeze dried vegetables
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
pinch of thyme
and any herbs you like
If you want thicker broth, add in the mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch.

In camp, put in your cooking pan 3 cups cold water and the broth/veggie mix, bring to a low boil, keepsimmering. Also add chicken.

Meanwhile mix up Bisquick.

When liquid is just starting to boil, snip a corner on the baggie and start squeezing out dumplings. Let them simmer (just bubbling) for a couple minutes.
This recipe can be modified to any amount of broth. If you go up in volume, add more veggies and herbs. You can add any dried vegetables you like, and dried slice potatoes are great.
Serves 2.

J5man
10-31-2007, 13:18
As a newbie, I soak up everything Sarbar has to say about cooking. I just cooked a "basic version" of Chicken and Dumplings in case you don't have all the ingredients.

I basically put Bisquick and dry Milk in a baggie with some water. Mix well. Cut the corner and dripped into boiling water for a couple of minutes. Then added salt and pepper and a small can of chicken. Boil for a few minutes and eat. Granted, not near as good as Sarbar's but tastey and filling.

To all other newbies, Sarbar is THE Queen of Cuisine as far as I am concerned. I have learned tons from her postings and website. Thanks Sarbar!