PDA

View Full Version : thru on just flan and ham?

mweinstone
10-31-2007, 16:41
can it be enjoyable to only eat ham and flan products? i figure flan is milk and sugar. two perfectly good foods. and ham is all ham. so? ham milk and sugar! what more could you need?

Lone Wolf
10-31-2007, 16:42
can it be enjoyable to only eat ham and flan products? i figure flan is milk and sugar. two perfectly good foods. and ham is all ham. so? ham milk and sugar! what more could you need?

beer and beef

Appalachian Tater
10-31-2007, 16:44
i figure flan is milk and sugar.

Plus eggs, vanilla and sometimes a little cinnamon. Milk and sugar is condensed milk or caramel.

mweinstone
10-31-2007, 17:17
thanks tater. forgot. eggs! carmel! yeah! vannila dosnt count. when you wanna know if a food is something or nothing. imagine a large unlimited amount of it on a dessert isle. if it cant prolong your life at all, its nothing. vannilla beans do not a burrito make. gabbish?

take-a-knee
10-31-2007, 17:45
Consumption of pork was determined to be an immune system depressant on chemotherapy patients some years ago. Granted their immune systems were already under assault, but the study determined that pork and several other foods made a bad situation worse. For someone trying to carry a pack 25 miles/day this may not be a good idea.

TinAbbey
10-31-2007, 17:52
This should be moved to straight forward forum asap in case the thread is not taken seriously.

katagious
10-31-2007, 18:05
If so, then one must take prune juice lest one becomes bound up.

Smile
10-31-2007, 18:41
You could always feed a chicken flan and see how that would work out :)

But, yes, sounds completely doable for the lesser palate.

EWS
11-01-2007, 01:19
Look at foods in tubes. Import from Europe, they have them all, meat, vegetables, and desert in tubes. I did a three day climb out of Saas Fee with food in tubes, lots of crackers and 3L of cherry flavored wine, prelimary research was positive except for the wine.

Rift Zone
11-01-2007, 01:56
Way too simplistic. The more you streamline your diet = the more you starve for micronutrients. We require much more than carbs, protien and dietary fats. I would be shocked and amazed if you made it without sustaining permanent injury. Blowing out your knees comes to mind but that doesn't even begin to address the physiological implications.

Besides, do you really think you could hang with that for 6 months straight? People thought I was hard core. lol

minnesotasmith
11-01-2007, 07:19
Look at foods in tubes. Import from Europe, they have them all, meat, vegetables, and desert in tubes. I did a three day climb out of Saas Fee with food in tubes, lots of crackers and 3L of cherry flavored wine, prelimary research was positive except for the wine.

I would particularly like a source for tubed vegetables, presumably akin to the vegetable sausage I've read about in German WWII military history books.

EWS
11-01-2007, 07:23
Don't know, I just lived over there for a few years.

Gray Blazer
11-01-2007, 07:26
Fidel would be proud!

JAK
11-01-2007, 08:04
I will do my thru on an intravenous drip.

Just a Hiker
11-01-2007, 08:06

Throw in a few cheeseburgers, and it sounds good to me!!:D

Just Jim

Old Hillwalker
11-01-2007, 09:52
OK Matty it's nothing but fried spam slices with maple syrup for you at trashgivng this year;) You coming?