PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Paclite Rainy River rain jacket

Elger
11-02-2007, 19:52
Here is another gear/clothing question. Anyone have or know anything about these? I was about to buy a pair ofMarmot pricips but then I stumbled upon these. Precips are $70 and water repellant and cabela's are $80 and water proof. Unless you all talk me out of it I think the gore tex would take this one. How much do they weigh?

And for what it is worth, it would have to be a really awful nasty cold day for me to wear either while walking. Mainly I figure to use them as my camp pants in cooler weather both for warmth and keeping dry. If necessary, wear smartwool or some poly blend under.

Thank yo for your expetise.

Mocs123
11-02-2007, 20:02
I emailed them and asked them that a few years ago. I don't know if it was accurate but they said 21oz. They also don't have pit-zipps.

Elger
11-02-2007, 20:11
21ozs! For just he pants? Shoot, I might as well just put a large rock in my backpack and find a fire to stand next to.

bigcranky
11-02-2007, 20:41
The Marmot Precip jacket is plenty waterproof. The only complaint I've ever had is its lack of breathability. It also has pit zips, and weighs about 14 ounces in men's large. I use my Precip all the time, and I've never had a problem with keeping the rain out.

Gore Paclite fabric may be more breathable, but a lot of that has to do with the design of the jacket. Core venting (pit zips, etc.) are crucial, at least for me.