PDA

View Full Version : Jetboil Maintenance Kit: Mystery O-Ring?

BigCat
11-03-2007, 15:49
I just got the maintenance kit for my Jetboil and was a little confused when it came with two o-rings. I know where the larger one goes (to seal the connection to the fuel canister) but I can't figure out where the smaller one goes.

When I disassembled my stove there was no second o-ring to be found. It seems like it could fit under the jet nozzle. Anyone know for sure? For some reason Jetboil didn't post instructions on their site.

warraghiyagey
11-03-2007, 15:51
Whatever you do make sure that o-ring is set properly before you blast off!!

BigCat
11-03-2007, 16:12
Yes, but where, where do I properly seat the mystery o-ring? :-)

warraghiyagey
11-03-2007, 16:16
That's a good question. . . does that help?? :) :)

oops56
11-03-2007, 16:39
I just love it when a good stove needs a repair kit. Get one that dont need a repair kit. Like a wood stove hobo ,alcohol, esdit etc.Or a nice 123. sterno [maybe]

wrongway_08
11-03-2007, 18:39
2 O-rings on the Jet Boil:

1st one is where the stove connects to the canister.

2nd one, First you need to get the C-clip off the bottom of the gas valve, with one hand hold the "gas valve" (where the gas comes out), with your other hand hold the plastic base. Spin the gas valve off, you have to be carefull not to bend the ignitor wire while spinning the gas valve off. The 2nd O-ring is at the bottom of the gas valve.

Look at this to get a better idea:
http://jetboil.com/img/BurnerHeadInstructions.pdf

You dont have to disassemble the top like in the directions, just spin the gas valve off, when its all the way loose, tilt it at a angle and it will clear everything.

BigCat
11-03-2007, 19:30
2 O-rings on the Jet Boil:
The 2nd O-ring is at the bottom of the gas valve.

I think we may be talking about the same thing then. If you unscrew the burner head and look down into the stove you see the jet nozzle (also included in the maintenance kit). If you unscrew the jet nozzle the smaller o-ring will fit around its base and can be screwed back into the valve body. Does that sound like what you're thinking?

I guess my confusion came from there not being a second o-ring present when I took the stove apart. Which is kind of scary.

wrongway_08
11-03-2007, 19:41
yea, thats it just the two O-rings.
One for the canister and one for the burner.

humunuku
11-04-2007, 10:30
I just love it when a good stove needs a repair kit. Get one that dont need a repair kit. Like a wood stove hobo ,alcohol, esdit etc.Or a nice 123. sterno [maybe]

I'm not sure how this comment is helping anything

take-a-knee
11-04-2007, 10:41
I'm not sure how this comment is helping anything

Humu, if you had about 1/4 of Oops' stove knowledge you might understand.

NICKTHEGREEK
11-04-2007, 10:52

He's dialed in. What is an esdit?

EWS
11-04-2007, 10:58
Esdit ~ Esbit

humunuku
11-04-2007, 17:39

1. You don't know what I know, don't assume and pretend its a fact.
2. The question was about what to do with a o-ring, NOT what should I replace my stove with. Therefore, the previous OPINION had nothing to do with the post.

oops56
11-04-2007, 19:19
There is two things with them o rings tape them to side of stove or put them on your fingers like a ring.P. S. i got the jet boil top cup with the fins only and i got mine to work on a alcohol stove not as fast as a canister but it works on 1/2 oz. alcohol.