PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Southern Ruck 2008 Thread...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sly
11-04-2007, 23:51
I pretty much have everything together for next years Ruck. The cabins that I rent have been completely taken by last years renters, or by word of mouth. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't come. What it does mean, is that you'll have to book through the NOC for a spot in one of the bunk houses or rent a room in the area. I've updated the website with the NOC phone number, and links to motels in the area.

I've also included a link to a Google Doc. The doc is a spreadsheet with what's needed for the weekends food and supplies. It's divided into 8 pages. Weekend supplies -utensils, weekend supplies- foods, Fri night potluck, Sat. breakfast, Sat. lunch. Sat. dinner, Sun breakfast and Sun lunch. The link is towards the bottom of the page and pretty much explains what we'll need.

www.whiteblaze.net/soruck (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/../soruck)

Any questions just let me know. If not, we'll see you there.

In the next couple weeks I'll announce "The Great Southern Ruck Name Tag Contest." :D

Cookerhiker
11-05-2007, 08:31
Program looks good Sly. Thanks for all your work on this.

Sly
11-05-2007, 09:19
Program looks good Sly. Thanks for all your work on this.

Thanks Cookerhiker. I hope to get someone from the ATC to do the guest speaker slot but a message I left last week to the office in Asheville has gone unanswered

Ron Haven
11-05-2007, 10:36
I pretty much have everything together for next years Ruck. The cabins that I rent have been completely taken by last years renters, or by word of mouth. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't come. What it does mean, is that you'll have to book through the NOC for a spot in one of the bunk houses or rent a room in the area. I've updated the website with the NOC phone number, and links to motels in the area.

I've also included a link to a Google Doc. The doc is a spreadsheet with what's needed for the weekends food and supplies. It's divided into 8 pages. Weekend supplies -utensils, weekend supplies- foods, Fri night potluck, Sat. breakfast, Sat. lunch. Sat. dinner, Sun breakfast and Sun lunch. The link is towards the bottom of the page and pretty much explains what we'll need.

www.whiteblaze.net/soruck (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/../soruck)

Any questions just let me know. If not, we'll see you there.

In the next couple weeks I'll announce "The Great Southern Ruck Name Tag Contest." :DThis is a great gathering.

gold bond
11-05-2007, 11:00
Have you thought about contacting "Model T" as a guest speaker? He is very entertainig as well as informitive.

Sly
11-05-2007, 11:05
Have you thought about contacting "Model T" as a guest speaker? He is very entertainig as well as informitive.

It's a thought thanks, but I generally like to have someone from a trail organization as the guest speaker. If all else fails I may get in touch.

Lilred
11-05-2007, 18:49
It's a thought thanks, but I generally like to have someone from a trail organization as the guest speaker. If all else fails I may get in touch.

He is from a trail organization. He's very active in The Tennessee Trails Association, the Clarksville Chapter. I've heard him speak, very informative and entertaining.

Lilred
11-05-2007, 18:52
Ohhh you mean from an AT trail org. Silly me. <<Checking door to see which forum I'm on>>

Sly
11-05-2007, 19:32
He is from a trail organization. He's very active in The Tennessee Trails Association, the Clarksville Chapter. I've heard him speak, very informative and entertaining.

Ohhh you mean from an AT trail org. Silly me. <<checking door="" to="" see="" which="" forum="" i="" m="" on="">>

</checking>No, I didn't necessarily mean a AT trail org. We've had people from the AHS, AT, MST, BMT, GATC, FHT etc. I didn't realize when Gold Bond mentioned him, Model T would be representing the TTA.
<checking door="" to="" see="" which="" forum="" i="" m="" on="">
</checking>

soulrebel
11-05-2007, 20:27
OOH Lion King's---walking WEST video super kicks ass! that is worth the trip right der

Cuffs
11-05-2007, 21:03
Way to go Sly!!! See you there!

Lilred
11-05-2007, 23:19
</checking>No, I didn't necessarily mean a AT trail org. We've had people from the AHS, AT, MST, BMT, GATC, FHT etc. I didn't realize when Gold Bond mentioned him, Model T would be representing the TTA.
<checking door="" to="" see="" which="" forum="" i="" m="" on="">
</checking>

I'm not sure he'd be 'representing' TTA. I know him and his wife are very active in the Clarksville chapter, leading hikes and such. Give him a call. I'm hoping to make this trip now that our finances are easing up a bit. Looking forward to it.

Uncle Silly
11-05-2007, 23:35
No, I didn't necessarily mean a AT trail org. We've had people from the AHS, AT, MST, BMT, GATC, FHT etc. I didn't realize when Gold Bond mentioned him, Model T would be representing the TTA.

Maybe make that a "could be representing" and ask?

Cannibal
11-06-2007, 09:55
Really hoping to make it to this shindig; looks like tons of fun. It seems I might even learn something.

Sly
11-06-2007, 09:59
Really hoping to make it to this shindig; looks like tons of fun. It seems I might even learn something.

One thing you'll learn is that people are much cooler in person, than they are on the 'net. :D

Cannibal
11-06-2007, 10:06
One thing you'll learn is that people are much cooler in person, than they are on the 'net. :D

Bet that's due to being outdoors where we belong instead of behind a desk tapping on a computer. :cool: Speaking of which, it has now been added to my Outlook Calendar and the day off has been approved; YIPPEEE!

Sly
11-06-2007, 11:42
Speaking of which, it has now been added to my Outlook Calendar and the day off has been approved; YIPPEEE!

Excellent. I'll add your name to the name tag list. :D

I've also added Jeffrey Hunter aka Mowgli to the line-up. He'll be doing a talk on NC's Fire Creek Rim Trail Saturday night.

Thanks Jeff!

camojack
11-06-2007, 11:54

Some of 'em are, yes. :rolleyes:

I've also added Jeffrey Hunter aka Mowgli to the line-up. He'll be doing a talk on NC's Fire Creek Rim Trail Saturday night.

And then there are others... :-?

Marta
11-06-2007, 11:56
I've got a spot in the bunkhouse Friday and Saturday night. Laurie/REverse will be there, too.

Sly
11-06-2007, 12:04
I've got a spot in the bunkhouse Friday and Saturday night. Laurie/REverse will be there, too.

Great! I emailed Reverse last week but never heard back. I'm glad to hear she'll be coming.

Marta, check out the food list. Don't be afraid to add your name! ;)

Sly
11-06-2007, 12:11
Camo, I think you're a little Jerry deficient. Here you go. (http://www.mp3sparks.com/share.shtml?token=1870220647&lang=eng&group=1071&album=9&song=1)

Lone Wolf
11-06-2007, 12:12
Camo, I think you're a little Gerry deficient. Here you go. (http://www.mp3sparks.com/share.shtml?token=1870220647&amp;lang=eng&group=1071&album=9&song=1)

Jerry with a J

Sly
11-06-2007, 12:20
Jerry with a J

Look again!

Lone Wolf
11-06-2007, 12:21
Gerry's dead. Ted is still Ted.

Marta
11-06-2007, 12:22
Great! I emailed Reverse last week but never heard back. I'm glad to hear she'll be coming.

Marta, check out the food list. Don't be afraid to add your name! ;)

Will do. I'm on a stringent diet, so I'm trying to decide whether to bring celery AND carrots, or if we should all just have celery.:D

Mother Nature
11-06-2007, 12:23

Smokestack and I made reservations in the bunkhouse today as well for Friday and Saturday. Made one for Shortcut too!

Sly, Does this count in letting you know for nametags?

See ya'll there. Should I bring the traditional coconut candy and the peppermint patties?

MN

Cannibal
11-06-2007, 12:25
Sly- any info on the "several stealth spots in the area"?

max patch
11-06-2007, 12:25
Way to go Sly!!! See you there!

Be careful Sly. She thinks all men are S20's.

The Solemates
11-06-2007, 12:40

plenty of them downstream, by the river.

Sly
11-06-2007, 12:41
Smokestack and I made reservations in the bunkhouse today as well for Friday and Saturday. Made one for Shortcut too!

Sly, Does this count in letting you know for nametags?

Yup, that will work, I'll add you now.

There's a couple spots down the tracks, that should be fine. Ask when you get there.

Well, she hasn't dated me. ;)

gold bond
11-06-2007, 20:35
I've been cleared to come! This is my first. I guess I'm looking for suggestions as far as what my group can bring as far as food, or whatever we need to bring to help out. Hate to sound stupid but I'd rather ask than just not know.
I am looking so forward to actually putting some faces to some names!You guys and gals are awesome.

camojack
11-06-2007, 20:55
Camo, I think you're a little Jerry deficient. Here you go. (http://www.mp3sparks.com/share.shtml?token=1870220647&lang=eng&group=1071&album=9&song=1)
Well...I will get by; I will survive (http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/touc.html). ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-06-2007, 21:10
Gerry's dead. Ted is still Ted.Wolf, this was a dire mistake, dire wolf (http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/direwolf.html)

Sly
11-06-2007, 21:21
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry....

I made a few more changes putting the Silent and Used Gear Sale on the schedule for Saturday morning in Kleinrath Hall. If y'all have stuff at home you'd like to either donate, sell or swap bring it along. I think I have a bunch of string tags I can bring that can be labeled with suggested donations to either the ATC or ALDHA or prices you're willing to sell your gear for.

See website for more details. :)

Nightwalker
11-06-2007, 21:34
And then there are others... :-?
I know you're not talking about Jeffrey. He's one of the nicer guys that I've met out and about!

What the heck is that?

Sly
11-06-2007, 22:15

What the heck is that?

I'm not sure either but I'm willing to take my chances! :D

Cuffs
11-06-2007, 22:21
S20 ( spoken as Signal 20) is police lingo for a menally ill person...

Sly
11-06-2007, 22:35
I may have ADD but I'm not mentally ill. :mad: What was the original question? :o

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-06-2007, 22:37
Tsk, tsk.... we girls get to joking around about the fellows in the ladies' forum and they take us seriously. They're S-20 for sure ;)

Cuffs
11-06-2007, 22:42
Still love ya Sly!

Frosty
11-06-2007, 23:00
They're S-20 for sure ;)Well, we get to date and marry intelligent, considerate, loving, understanding, and caring women.

You babes get to date and marry self-centered, obnoxious, horny-when-drunk, moody, and indifferent men.

Now you tell me who's crazy...

dixicritter
11-06-2007, 23:14
Well, we get to date and marry intelligent, considerate, loving, understanding, and caring women.

You babes get to date and marry self-centered, obnoxious, horny-when-drunk, moody, and indifferent men.

Now you tell me who's crazy...

touche' you win! :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-06-2007, 23:15
Frosty, I didn't know you were friends with my ex :D

Nightwalker
11-07-2007, 02:36
Tsk, tsk.... we girls get to joking around about the fellows in the ladies' forum and they take us seriously. They're S-20 for sure ;)

Not funny, Rene. Especially to folks that actually are.

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 06:18
Not funny, Rene. Especially to folks that actually are.

yes it is funny. lighten up. you're always throwing out that "i'm nuts" card. :rolleyes:

max patch
11-07-2007, 07:53
Anyone who throws around the term S-20 is guilty of a hate crime.

What would Dan do?

dixicritter
11-07-2007, 08:48
Well ok then...

Getting back to the SORUCK...

Still trying to decide what I'm gonna bring with me Sly. Got any requests or anything specific you need me to bring? Here's your chance to order me around for a change...;)

:sun

Marta
11-07-2007, 09:58
All right, I've buckled down a volunteered some food things. I'll check again closer to the day to see what other gaps need filling.

Sly
11-07-2007, 10:04
Well ok then...

Getting back to the SORUCK...

Still trying to decide what I'm gonna bring with me Sly. Got any requests or anything specific you need me to bring? Here's your chance to order me around for a change...;)

Heh, heh....

Here you go. How to help (http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck/#How_to_Help) You should just be able to click on the link but may need the user name and password for the Google Doc. It's all explained.

dixicritter
11-07-2007, 10:26
Heh, heh....

Here you go. How to help (http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck/#How_to_Help) You should just be able to click on the link but may need the user name and password for the Google Doc. It's all explained.

I can't believe you're gonna pass up on that opportunity. :D

I've looked it over, Still figuring, will post my decision on the spreadsheet soon I promise.

MOWGLI
11-07-2007, 10:35
Got any requests or anything specific you need me to bring? Here's your chance to order me around for a change...;)

Bring your husband. And that's an order. Ma'am. :)

dixicritter
11-07-2007, 10:36
Bring your husband. And that's an order. Ma'am. :)

LOL... already in the plans. He's signed up for KP duty too. ;)

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 10:37
yo sly. somehow i deleted the bacon/sausage column for saturday morning on the spreadsheet. effin computers. how do i restore it?

EWS
11-07-2007, 10:38
ctrl-z if you didn't close it.

MOWGLI
11-07-2007, 10:41
yo sly. somehow i deleted the bacon/sausage column for saturday morning on the spreadsheet. effin computers. how do i restore it?

Don't restore it. Just replace it with a tofu column. ;) Ted would be proud.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-07-2007, 11:07
yo sly. somehow i deleted the bacon/sausage column for saturday morning on the spreadsheet. effin computers. how do i restore it?Oh... fess up, LW -- you've joined PETA, haven't you.
::: Dino runs for cover :::

Sly
11-07-2007, 11:07

No worries, I'll take care of it. How much are you bringing?

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 11:08
Oh... fess up, LW -- you've joined PETA, haven't you.

i've always been a PETA member. People Eating Tasty Animals

Lone Wolf
11-07-2007, 11:09
No worries, I'll take care of it. How much are you bringing?

2lbs. bacon, 2lbs. sausage

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-07-2007, 11:12
2lbs. tofu bacon, 2lbs. tofu sausage

Edited by Frolicking Dino - Reason: To keep LW true to his new beliefs
::: Dino enters bunker for protection :::

Marta
11-07-2007, 11:27
The tofu is for Minnesota Smith, right?:D

generoll
11-07-2007, 11:35
Tofu quiche was what he requested.

Scrollner
11-07-2007, 22:53

I prefer Jimmy Buffet's version of "Uncle John's Band"

Sly
11-08-2007, 00:11
2lbs. bacon, 2lbs. sausage

All set. Thanks

Trillium
11-08-2007, 00:44
I made a reservation for the bunkhouse today. They told me that a Church group called today; I think they said there were 30 of them coming. So, if you want a reservation in basecamp, you need to call soon.

rcli4
11-08-2007, 01:01
Sly, I will bring coffee like I always do. I usually bring 3 cans of regular and one can of decaf. Unless you tell me otherwise that is what I will bring.

Clyde

Sly
11-08-2007, 01:34
Sly, I will bring coffee like I always do. I usually bring 3 cans of regular and one can of decaf. Unless you tell me otherwise that is what I will bring.

Clyde

Thanks Clyde I have you marked down. See you tonight!

Sly
11-08-2007, 01:36
I made a reservation for the bunkhouse today. They told me that a Church group called today; I think they said there were 30 of them coming. So, if you want a reservation in basecamp, you need to call soon.

That's not good. I hope they don't plan on using the community kitchen/dinig hall. Oh well, we'll figure something out.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 01:39
That's not good. I hope they don't plan on using the community kitchen/dinig hall. Oh well, we'll figure something out.Didn't we have another group in the kitchen with us last year. Some of those guys smelled too good to be hikers :D

Sly
11-08-2007, 01:49
Didn't we have another group in the kitchen with us last year. Some of those guys smelled too good to be hikers :D

They run a wilderness training course but there's usually only a few of them around over the weekend. This is the 1st time that I heard of another group being there, but maybe there has been. Anyway, it's one reason I encourage everyone to book early. You can always cancel.

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 06:39
Didn't we have another group in the kitchen with us last year. Some of those guys smelled too good to be hikers :D

uhh. the majority of ruckers aren't really hikers either. :cool: judging by their sizes and lack of participation in the planned hikes.

orangebug
11-08-2007, 08:58
I know my dotters are small, but they are proud to be hiker babes.

No more comments on the size of hikers, K?

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 09:02
I know my dotters are small, but they are proud to be hiker babes.

No more comments on the size of hikers, K?

you makin' low fat pancakes, right?

Cuffs
11-08-2007, 09:05
I think that if they told Murphy about that group, hopefully NOC told the other group of us!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 09:07
uhh. the majority of ruckers aren't really hikers either. :cool: judging by their sizes and lack of participation in the planned hikes.Not all of us can be legends :D.

Seriously, I hope to be able to do the shorter hike this year. My leg was giving me a fit last year - think I had to us the cane pretty much all weekend.

Cuffs
11-08-2007, 09:19
FD, for not getting around so well, how come I saw you EVERYwhere!?!?

Sly
11-08-2007, 09:32
Well, I'm getting ready to go to Cumberland Island for a few days, be back Sunday evening.

I know it's still two months off but if anyone is planning on going to the SoRuck and wants inexpensive accomodations, I suggest they call the NOC today to book a spot in basecamp. You can always cancel later, if need be.

Y'all have a good weekend.

Cuffs
11-08-2007, 09:39
I got my reservation last month!! Im a happy camper!

Marta
11-08-2007, 10:09
They run a wilderness training course but there's usually only a few of them around over the weekend. This is the 1st time that I heard of another group being there, but maybe there has been. Anyway, it's one reason I encourage everyone to book early. You can always cancel.

When I passed through the NOC a few days before the Ruck, on my way south, I spent some time with the wilderness first aiders. Two of them had done thrus--one SOBO and one NOBO. Good people.

A big church group, though....shudder... A lot of potential for conflict over the public spaces.

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 10:11
A big church group, though....shudder... A lot of potential for conflict over the public spaces.

i'll bring extra beer and get extra drunk. that should run 'em off

EWS
11-08-2007, 10:14

From the Chris Rock show "Thank you Jesus, for letting us be up in this mo-fo today."

D'Artagnan
11-08-2007, 11:29
...A big church group, though....shudder... A lot of potential for conflict over the public spaces.

Should make the campfire session interesting. :D

max patch
11-08-2007, 11:46
Well, I'm getting ready to go to Cumberland Island for a few days, be back Sunday evening.

Neat place. Staying at the Greyfield? :)

Ewker
11-08-2007, 11:46
We Shall Overcome :p

Lilred
11-08-2007, 13:08
Just made my reservations today. WOOHOOO can't wait to go. The guy at NOC told me that there are 4 spots left for men and 12 spots left for women in the bunkhouses. Don't wait, make your reservations now...

Marta
11-08-2007, 13:29

Maybe WE'll convert some of THEM.:D

D'Artagnan
11-08-2007, 13:53
Maybe WE'll convert some of THEM.:D

Shouldn't be too hard, JC wore Teva's and carried a LEKI, didn't he? :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 14:51
Yo, pastor, wanna a swig from the Mason jar? No? Well, did you hear the one about the truck driver and the stripper?Interesting to say the least :D

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 15:16
...just heard this one last weekend.

Q: "How do we know that Adam was Lutheran?"

A: "Who else would be approached by a naked woman and only be tempted by the apple?"

Substitute your own favorite denomination.

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 17:52
I just made my reservation for the NOC bunkhouse. As of now, they only have 2 bunk spaces left for guys (and 12 for women).

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 18:24
The program says Jan Liteshoe's Saturday session on her new book is only 15 minutes - from 3:45 to 4:00. Is that a typo? Should that be 5:00 instead?

Frosty
11-08-2007, 18:30
No more comments on the size of hikers, K?I'm big-boned. Yeah, that's it. Big-boned. And brawny. That's me. Brawny. And big-boned.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MOWGLI
11-08-2007, 18:42
The program says Jan Liteshoe's Saturday session on her new book is only 15 minutes - from 3:45 to 4:00. Is that a typo? Should that be 5:00 instead?

Jan is a graduate of the Evelyn Wood speed reading course. ;)

Ron Haven
11-08-2007, 18:51
No worries, I'll take care of it. How much are you bringing?Sly,I can help by bringing some things also.

MOWGLI
11-08-2007, 18:54
Sly,I can help by bringing some things also.

Ron, sounds like the NOC bunkhouse is almost full. If folks wanted to stay with you Friday night, would you haul them up to NOC on Saturday? Might be a good way for some folks to start a SOBO section between NOC & Franklin.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 18:58
Jan is a graduate of the Evelyn Wood speed reading course. ;)I found this video of her in college
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_fbFZvf54)

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 21:42

Jan is a graduate of the Evelyn Wood speed reading course. ;)

If she needs more time, she can cut into your's.:p

Ewker
11-09-2007, 11:18
I just took the last spot in the mens NOC bunkhouse's. There are 12 spots left for women.

Jan LiteShoe
11-09-2007, 12:51
I found this video of her in college
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_fbFZvf54)

I was hot then.

trekkngirl
11-09-2007, 13:58
I got a bunkhouse spot...I really wanted to stop at the NOC when I was in the Smokies a few weeks ago but it was soooo crowded..

Loving your book Jan. :)

MOWGLI
11-09-2007, 14:03
I was hot then.

Still are. :)

Ewker
11-09-2007, 14:12
I was hot then.

Still are. :)

I second that :D

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 14:13
yup. she's all that and a bag of chips :)

Ewker
11-09-2007, 14:14
I got a bunkhouse spot...I really wanted to stop at the NOC when I was in the Smokies a few weeks ago but it was soooo crowded..

Loving your book Jan. :)

glad you got in trekkngirl, hopefully we can ride together to save some money

yep Jan's book was great

Ewker
11-09-2007, 14:15
yup. she's all that and a bag of chips :)

hot and spicy chips :p

Dancer
11-09-2007, 14:20
SLY,

Put me on the name tag list please, just got my reservation in the bunkhouses and signed up on the food list. Anybody that is on my way that wants to ride with me PM me. I'm probably leaving right after dinner Sunday night though.

BumpJumper
11-09-2007, 23:49
I am in. I wont be staying there overnight though. My maw lives in Hiawassee, GA so I will trekk back and forth staying with her at night. Unless it snows...then I am royally screwed.:eek:

Nightwalker
11-10-2007, 05:50
yes it is funny. lighten up. you're always throwing out that "i'm nuts" card. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and you're always throwin' out that grouchy-ass card. That gets pretty old, too. Mind yer own damn business.

Lone Wolf
11-10-2007, 05:51
go to bed

Nightwalker
11-10-2007, 05:52
go to bed

Not a bad idea...

:)

Lilred
11-10-2007, 10:30
glad you got in trekkngirl, hopefully we can ride together to save some money

yep Jan's book was great

Ewker, I'll be leaving Friday morning if you want to carpool. Let me know. Trekngirl too. Save some bucks on gas.

Ewker
11-10-2007, 10:35
Ewker, I'll be leaving Friday morning if you want to carpool. Let me know. Trekngirl too. Save some bucks on gas.

Lilred, that would be great. We need to have another Nashville get together soon.

Jan LiteShoe
11-10-2007, 12:33
hot and spicy chips :p

Love you guys and gals. You make me feel sassy again - which, at age 53, is a pure-T gift with gold ribbon and all the trimmings.
:sun:sun:sun

I just got word that THEE Clye, MAFMan himself, will join me in the reading. So that should be mildly hilarious. I'm sure he'll gladly offer HIS point of view.
:D

Jan LiteShoe
11-10-2007, 12:34
I am in. I wont be staying there overnight though. My maw lives in Hiawassee, GA so I will trekk back and forth staying with her at night. Unless it snows...then I am royally screwed.:eek:

Unless you get snowed in while at the Ruck.
Then you're in high cotton.

sloopjonboswell
11-10-2007, 22:17
Saturday - 7:30am-1:00am, thats a heck of a drawn out 7.9 lone wolf is leading. yall stopping in to see patrice price on the way?

Lone Wolf
11-10-2007, 22:31
i'm leading the BLUE-BLAZE part of the hike. the OLD AT route. not the s**titty current one

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-10-2007, 23:22
I was hot then. :sunYou're way hotter than that girl - of course, I admire you solely for your mind - unlike some of the posters......
::: Dino cast disparaging glances over crowd :::

MOWGLI
11-11-2007, 04:57
Saturday - 7:30am-1:00am, thats a heck of a drawn out 7.9 lone wolf is leading. yall stopping in to see patrice price on the way?

Iffin Ron gets there at 7:30, and iffin the FS road is passable, the folks will leave NOC at around 7:30. That didn't happen in 2006 when it snowed. Takes a little while to get to the trailhead too.

Cookerhiker
11-11-2007, 14:33
....I just got word that THEE Clye, MAFMan himself, will join me in the reading. So that should be mildly hilarious. I'm sure he'll gladly offer HIS point of view.

I'll bring some "yuppie food $h*t" expressly for him!:D

trekkngirl
11-11-2007, 16:43

Too funny,Cookerhiker :)

Jan LiteShoe
11-12-2007, 00:16

Ha!
Be sure it's goat cheese.
He really likes it.

Looking forward to reconnecting with you all.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2007, 13:26
We need to have a "Best Moon" contest on the program. Sly and Frolicking Dino as judges since they love mooning so much. :)

best crack
best hairiest
best pimples
best most cellulite

Sly
11-17-2007, 13:31
We need to have a "Best Moon" contest on the program. Sly and Frolicking Dino as judges since they love mooning so much. :)

best crack
best hairiest
best pimples
best most cellulite

Nah, I don't think that would go over very well. We could have story telling at the campfire though! :p

Cookerhiker
11-17-2007, 14:43

best crack
best hairiest
best pimples
best most cellulite

And which category do you think you'll win or at least be competitive in?:D

Lone Wolf
11-17-2007, 14:45

oops. left out a category:

best nicest ass

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 13:31
TO THE LADIES ATTENDING THE SORUCK:

I know (and use) the Womens Forum here on WB, but there are still things I wont post here because it can still be read and responded to by the guys (no offense Admin). There are just some things about myself that I dont want some folks knowing.

Is there any interest in having a quorum of ladies for an hour or so during the ruck for open discussion of women-specific topics? I would offer to bring several questions to the table (both mine and others in general) to get things started.

Any takers? Or moot point?

D'Artagnan
11-19-2007, 13:49

I'm guessing "Wisest". :D

Sly
11-19-2007, 13:49
If all you gals want to meet privately you can probably use cabin A or B as they only have one guy staying in each. Just toss them and tell them to come back later! ;)

Sly
11-19-2007, 13:50
I'm guessing "Wisest". :D

Shouldn't that be Wise-assed? :p

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 13:55
Sly, first Im trying to see if theres even interest in such a meeting. If so, you and I can find a time to put it on the agenda... Thanks!!!

Sly
11-19-2007, 14:06
Sly, first Im trying to see if theres even interest in such a meeting. If so, you and I can find a time to put it on the agenda... Thanks!!!

Will do. From 5-6:30PM on Sat is open.

eArThworm
11-19-2007, 14:24
TO THE LADIES ATTENDING THE SORUCK: Is there any interest in having a quorum of ladies for an hour or so during the ruck for open discussion of women-specific topics? I would offer to bring several questions to the table (both mine and others in general) to get things started. Any takers? Or moot point?

Cuffs, the ladies on the WomenHikers list usually have a ladies-only get-together at the SoRuck. I don't think there's been any discussion on the list yet about a time, but since Sly just gave us a time slot, that will probably work. There'll probably be wine and snacks, too. And you'll have the opportunity to get your questions answered by some knowledgable ladies, some of whom are on this forum.

Smile
11-19-2007, 14:59
We have some of the HenHikers coming to Ruck, and we can join you, just be in touch with me via PM for what to bring or supply, etc. :)

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 15:15
Cuffs, the ladies on the WomenHikers list usually have a ladies-only get-together at the SoRuck. I don't think there's been any discussion on the list yet about a time, but since Sly just gave us a time slot, that will probably work. There'll probably be wine and snacks, too. And you'll have the opportunity to get your questions answered by some knowledgable ladies, some of whom are on this forum.

I missed out on that last year! Is that the Yahoo group? Ive joined, but I just dont get over there much...

Lets take Sly's offering for the time slot and put on a big Chicks Only shin dig!

Lilred
11-19-2007, 15:22
Sounds great for the chick's shindig. Looking forward to meeting some from the henhike. Hopefully, I'll join up with them for a bit on my section this summer.

Sly
11-19-2007, 15:23
I wanna come, I wanna come? :D

Sly
11-19-2007, 15:25
Oh by the way, that time slot is before dinner. I guess the guys can handle it without women fussing in the kitchen. ;)

Jan LiteShoe
11-19-2007, 15:27
Just fry up alot of bacon and no one will get hurt.
;-)

Sly
11-19-2007, 15:33
LOL....

Another time would be after LiteShoe's hike to the shelter. Of course, anyone that plans on taking the longer hike would miss out.

Smile
11-19-2007, 15:35
Guys in the kitchen? that would be very cool to have a meal prepared by the guys, while the ladies are drinking wine and talking girl stuff - bring your camera!! ;)

Lone Wolf
11-19-2007, 15:37
Guys in the kitchen? that would be very cool to have a meal prepared by the guys

i cook every night. no biggie

Smile
11-19-2007, 15:37
But you, sir, are a gem. :)
What are you making at SR?

Roots
11-19-2007, 17:46
TO THE LADIES ATTENDING THE SORUCK:

I know (and use) the Womens Forum here on WB, but there are still things I wont post here because it can still be read and responded to by the guys (no offense Admin). There are just some things about myself that I dont want some folks knowing.

Is there any interest in having a quorum of ladies for an hour or so during the ruck for open discussion of women-specific topics? I would offer to bring several questions to the table (both mine and others in general) to get things started.

Any takers? Or moot point?

Hey Cuffs! I just found out for sure that we are going to be able to come :banana and a ladies get together sounds great!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 18:12
SLY, on the soruck site, I see 4pm to 630pm open... is that true?

Sly
11-19-2007, 18:21
SLY, on the soruck site, I see 4pm to 630pm open... is that true?

Not quite. The raffle drawings will be from 4-5. I need to add that.

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 18:31
And I see Jan's presentation is only 15 minutes long? Hmm...

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 18:31
Might I suggest that the raffle drawings be either during or immediately after dinner. Everyone will be around during that time for sure...

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 19:34
LADIES LADIES LADIES!!

For those of you attending SoRuck 2008, we will be having a special meeting time and place of our own.

On Saturday from 4pm to 630pm we will be meeting (location TBA).

We will be open for discussion on all topics that affect women hikers on the trail. I have some topics already in line to discuss, but please feel free to bring your own so that we make sure you get the information you seek!

Since this will be held a few hours after lunch and before dinner, I think a wine and cheese tasting will help us pass the time and fill our tummies!

If attending this session, please bring along your favorite bottle (or box) of wine to share and some complimentary cheese. (this is not mandatory for attendance!) I will bring cups, cutting board, knife, and toothpicks, you just supply the good time!

And remember: NO BOYS ALLOWED!

Sly
11-19-2007, 19:42
And remember: NO BOYS ALLOWED!

How about men? :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2007, 19:45
How about men? :DI didn't see any the last time I went to SORUCK

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 19:47
How about men? :D

What about 'em? Cant live with 'em, cant kill 'em... eww, did I just say that out loud?

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 19:48
FD, you got room for another over there?!

Ewker
11-19-2007, 19:52
I didn't see any the last time I went to SORUCK

she slammed her own hubby :eek:

Sly
11-19-2007, 19:53
What about 'em? Cant live with 'em, cant kill 'em... eww, did I just say that out loud?

Oh really?? (http://www.mp3sparks.com/share.shtml?token=575203353&amp;lang=eng&group=7332&album=4&song=1) ;)

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 19:58
Men are good to have around... every gal should own one or two.

Sly
11-19-2007, 19:59
I'm for sale! :D

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 20:03
Im a bargain shopper, I dont buy anything unless its on the clearance rack...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2007, 20:09
she slammed her own hubby :eek:He-Dino was ill last year and didn't attend (I would never say that about him - he knows where I sleep :eek:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2007, 20:09
Im a bargain shopper, I dont buy anything unless its on the clearance rack...::: Dino fights urge to saythe obvious.... :::

Sly
11-19-2007, 20:12
Im a bargain shopper, I dont buy anything unless its on the clearance rack...

Tell you what, I'll give you 6 chances for $5...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2007, 20:16
Oh really?? (http://www.mp3sparks.com/share.shtml?token=575203353&lang=eng&group=7332&album=4&song=1) ;)Did I mention I'm bring peas to SORUCK? :D

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 20:18
::: gagging from too much laughter:::

Cuffs
11-19-2007, 20:19
Sooooo... anyways.... whos bringing the bacon this year?

Ewker
11-19-2007, 20:32
He-Dino was ill last year and didn't attend (I would never say that about him - he knows where I sleep :eek:)

ok you get by on a technicality

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2007, 21:15
Sooooo... anyways.... whos bringing the bacon this year?I heard LW is bringing tofu bacon :D

eArThworm
11-19-2007, 21:27
I missed out on that last year! Is that the Yahoo group? Ive joined, but I just dont get over there much...Lets take Sly's offering for the time slot and put on a big Chicks Only shin dig!

Yep, the Yahoo group. Great place to ask questions in the privacy of a ladies-only List. Having all the WomenHikers and the HenHikers and the WhiteBlaze ladies together should make for a fun SoRuck party!

Ron Haven
11-19-2007, 21:41
Iffin Ron gets there at 7:30, and iffin the FS road is passable, the folks will leave NOC at around 7:30. That didn't happen in 2006 when it snowed. Takes a little while to get to the trailhead too.I was on Forest Service Rd 1365 yesterday shuttling and they just put new gravel and scraped it.I also will be there by 7:00am if there isn't snow.

Also I know eveyone will want to stay as close to the NOC as possible but if lodging there is a problem.Sly added a link to Budget Inn.I am a little less than 30 miles and if some people can't find lodging in Wesser,I will help you.Also I can run a shuttle from Budget Inn of Franklin and save you money on gas if this is an intrest.

Sly
11-22-2007, 20:58
If you haven't looked lately, I've made a few changes to the website... :)

Southern Ruck Website (http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck/)
----------------------------
including...

The Great Southern Ruck Name Tag Contest (http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck/nametagpics.html)
------------------------------

Add your name and item to the ATC/ALDHA Benefit Raffle... (good stuff only! ;))

ATC/ALDHA Raffle List (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pLQjeEZIQO4QVDqOOpTWjQw&hl=en)

(username email:[email protected] password: foodlist)
------------------------------

and, if you haven't done so, add your name to the foodlist...

The Foodlist (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pLQjeEZIQO4T4_JGqKt4QKw)

(username email:[email protected] password: foodlist)
-----------------------------

With 2 months left, what else can I possibly think of? :-?

Cuffs
11-23-2007, 22:29
For the folks who just cannont live with out their email, NOC now offers WIFI service! Its based in Relia's restaurant, but I was able to pick up the signal from my bunkhouse (Nanhi-yi). I think you might be able to get as far as the Community Room.

Sly
11-23-2007, 22:57
For the folks who just cannont live with out their email, NOC now offers WIFI service! Its based in Relia's restaurant, but I was able to pick up the signal from my bunkhouse (Nanhi-yi). I think you might be able to get as far as the Community Room.

I noticed that a couple years ago and had thought about doing a webcast for those that couln't make it.

Live from the NOC, this the Southern Ruck! LOL...

Chaco Taco
11-24-2007, 22:00
Im so excitted, Ill be attending for the first time. Sly, where can I sign up?

EWS
11-25-2007, 00:06
I'll be heading from Columbia, SC to Louisville, KY about that time, and it looks like I may be able to make this. Are there any places, bunks, cabins, whatever still open at the NOC?

Sly
11-25-2007, 00:13
I'll be heading from Columbia, SC to Louisville, KY about that time, and it looks like I may be able to make this. Are there any places, bunks, cabins, whatever still open at the NOC?

I'm going to have a few opening in the cabins, but I'm not sure yet. I could put you on a waiting list, which is empty.

In the meantime, it's possible there's room in basecamp but you'll have to get in touch with the NOC. If I end up having a room you can always cancel basecamp. There's also area motels, linked on the website.

Be good to have you. Can you bring me a souvenir from Afghanistan? ;)

Edit:EWS I added you to the nametag list #100! If you can't make it just let me know.

Sly
11-25-2007, 00:15
Im so excitted, Ill be attending for the first time. Sly, where can I sign up?

Consider yourself signed up. What would you like on your name tag?

Edit: I put "The Colonel". If you want something else let me know.

EWS
11-25-2007, 01:00
I'm going to have a few opening in the cabins, but I'm not sure yet. I could put you on a waiting list, which is empty.

In the meantime, it's possible there's room in basecamp but you'll have to get in touch with the NOC. If I end up having a room you can always cancel basecamp. There's also area motels, linked on the website.

Be good to have you. Can you bring me a souvenir from Afghanistan? ;)

Edit:EWS I added you to the nametag list #100! If you can't make it just let me know.

I'll give them a call your tomorrow morning.

There are quite a few people in UAE's prison system for bring back "souvenirs" from here. I'll try to find something that doesn't need to be carried up my butt, yet isn't made in China or Pakistan. It'll be an interesting challenge.

Attending will be base upon the death by girlfriend factor, as I haven't been home since last December, and she knows that after I depart in January it'll be at least another month till I see her again. Fortunately, she is very ridiculously understanding of my weird lifestyle. I'll know for certain sometime next month.

Sly
11-25-2007, 01:24
Attending will be base upon the death by girlfriend factor, as I haven't been home since last December, and she knows that after I depart in January it'll be at least another month till I see her again. Fortunately, she is very ridiculously understanding of my weird lifestyle. I'll know for certain sometime next month.

You could always bring her along. I may have a private room with a double bed in one of the cabins. The single bed will be in a shared room.

I won't get into smuggling, probably neither should you... ;) An afghani will do. :)

EWS
11-25-2007, 01:53
You could always bring her along. I may have a private room with a double bed in one of the cabins. The single bed will be in a shared room.

I won't get into smuggling, probably neither should you... ;) An afghani will do. :)

I thought about that, but she's getting "hooded" and is going on the market. I'll have to see how her schedule plays out.

If you don't need a crew to assist in unloading, I don't see the point of smuggling. I'll bring you some their monopoly money though.

Roots
11-25-2007, 15:18
Just thought I would let everyone know that there is only 1 more spot at the bunkhouses at NOC. We got into the co-ed bunkhouses this morning and he told us there was only 1 spot left. We barely made it!! Can't wait to see everyone there!:)

Cuffs
11-25-2007, 15:34
Roots, what bldg you in? I'll be in "Bartram" so make sure you find me and say hi!!

Sly
11-25-2007, 17:03
I thought about that, but she's getting "hooded" and is going on the market. I'll have to see how her schedule plays out.

If you don't need a crew to assist in unloading, I don't see the point of smuggling. I'll bring you some their monopoly money though.

She's getting hooded? What's that? :confused: Maybe in my younger days I could get a crew together... ;)

Sly
11-25-2007, 17:05
Thanks for the update on available spots in basecamp, Roots.

Ewker
11-25-2007, 19:27
They told me I am in the Overflow bunkhouse room 1. How many rooms does it have and could it be the co-ed one

Cuffs
11-25-2007, 19:32
Last time I asked NOC about the co-ed.. they wont just put mixed gender in a bunk house... you have to sign up with those particular people...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-25-2007, 19:33
She's getting hooded? What's that? :confused: Maybe in my younger days I could get a crew together... ;)It means she is receiving a doctoral degree. Congrats to the lady friend, EWS.

Sly
11-25-2007, 19:52
It means she is receiving a doctoral degree. Congrats to the lady friend, EWS.

Ah, excellent!

Ewker
11-28-2007, 17:13
I cancelled my reservations for a bunkhouse spot on Friday and Saturday night so as of yesterday a spot for one male is open.

Cuffs
11-28-2007, 18:30
Why did you do that Ewker???????

Ewker
11-28-2007, 18:35
I got lucky and got a spot in a cabin

Cuffs
12-08-2007, 10:15
WANTED: I am in need of several Folgers plastic coffee cans. These come in both red and green, and a small and large size. I dont care which color or size. They MUST have the black lids though! If you have one or more of these and will bring it to SoRuck for me, either reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks Bunches!

Sly
12-08-2007, 10:16
WANTED: I am in need of several Folgers plastic coffee cans. These come in both red and green, and a small and large size. I dont care which color or size. They MUST have the black lids though! If you have one or more of these and will bring it to SoRuck for me, either reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks Bunches!

I have one with a black lid and one with a brown lid. Can I paint it black?

PS 2lb size

Sly
12-08-2007, 10:20
Plus, we're nearly out of coffee and I need to buy some, so I'll have another.

Roots
12-08-2007, 10:29

Thanks Bunches!

I have 2 with brown lids. Will those help?

EWS
12-08-2007, 10:37
I made reservations today for a two bunk room for Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. I paid for both beds, so if my gf can't make, I'd be willing to split it with someone who won't shake me out of bed snorining, but it'll be closer to the ruck before I'll know.

I'm going to do the spreedsheet thing now. Is there anything in particular that is needed?

Cuffs
12-08-2007, 10:52
Well, I wasnt aware that they came with different color lids. NO I dont care what color lid! Bring 'em!! thank you!!!!

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 11:10
Can I paint it black?

"Paint it Black you devil."

Where can you hear those famous words uttered? Before what song on what live album? This is obscure rock & roll trivia -at it's finest!

Dances with Mice
12-08-2007, 11:17

Where can you hear those famous words uttered? Before what song on what live album? This is obscure rock & roll trivia -at it's finest!Aw, who cares, Mowgli. You can't always get what you want, you know.

Smile
12-08-2007, 11:19
Ain't no use in crying about it. :)

Lilred
12-08-2007, 11:20
I've got a folgers you can have. It should be empty or close to it by the ruck. Just threw one out a few days ago too.

Dances with Mice
12-08-2007, 11:20
Aw, who cares, Mowgli. You can't always get what you want, you know.Thread hijacks are a flashpoint for me.

Smile
12-08-2007, 11:24
Thread hijacks are a flashpoint for me.

Back to thread, gimme shelter at the SoRUCk!

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 11:32
Aw, who cares, Mowgli. You can't always get what you want, you know.

But if you try sometimes...

Sly
12-08-2007, 11:35
I can't get no satisfaction with you guys.

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 11:36
I can't get no satisfaction with you guys.

New trail name for Sly. Insatiable

Smile
12-08-2007, 11:39
Anyway you look at it, they Ain't Too Proud to Beg, Sly. Some of these hikers will be 2000 Light Years From Home, and you could be All Sold Out, then they'd be a Fool To Cry - who would come to their Emotional Rescue?

It's All Over Now. :)

Sly
12-08-2007, 11:40
New trail name for Sly. Insatiable

A hike south from Neel's Gap may help that! ;)

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 11:40

Where can you hear those famous words uttered? Before what song on what live album? This is obscure rock & roll trivia -at it's finest!

The answer to the trivia is....

On Get Your Ya Ya's Out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Yer_Ya-Ya's_Out!_The_Rolling_Stones_in_Concert) a woman in the crowd at Madison Square Garden clearly shouts out "Paint it Black. Paint it Black you devil", just before the band launches into Sympathy for the Devil.

It my mind, that's the best live rock n roll album of all time.

Dances with Mice
12-08-2007, 11:54
The answer to the trivia is....Oh, you meant the FIRST time. They also spliced it into Flashpoint. Though FP was a mix of live & studio.

Sly
12-08-2007, 12:03
It my mind, that's the best live rock n roll album of all time.

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Got_Live_If_You_Want_It%21

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 12:23
This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Got_Live_If_You_Want_It%21

No, this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Yer_Ya-Ya's_Out!_The_Rolling_Stones_in_Concert

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 12:23
[quote=MOWGLI16;467242]The answer to the trivia is....[quote]Oh, you meant the FIRST time. They also spliced it into Flashpoint. Though FP was a mix of live & studio.

Aha! Didn't know that!

Sly
12-08-2007, 12:25
Not for nothing you guys suck at quoting. :D You need an end tag [/quote]

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 12:27
Not for nothing you guys suck at quoting. :D You need an end tag

I think something is wrong with the website. Seriously. All I clicked on was quote, and that's what I got. In fact, it happened again with a double /quote at the end of your text. This should be referred to ATTROLL.

Dances with Mice
12-08-2007, 12:48
I think something is wrong with the website. Seriously. All I clicked on was quote, and that's what I got. In fact, it happened again with a double /quote at the end of your text. This should be referred to ATTROLLNo, it's my fault. I edited a quote and sliced off the slash at the beginning of the end quote, so quotes after that quoted quotes without the end slash quote and used a end slash quote from the next quote to construct quotes one step off the desired quote.

Happens all the time.

Smile
12-08-2007, 12:52
Would that be a jumpin' back slash?

Roots
12-08-2007, 13:25
GOOD ONE!!:D

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 13:26

This thread is giving me gas, gas, gas.

Dances with Mice
12-08-2007, 14:28
I think I've taken my fair share of abuse.

Smile
12-08-2007, 14:29
This thread is giving me gas, gas, gas.

Ain't no use in crying - stay away from me!

MOWGLI
12-08-2007, 14:43
Ain't no use in crying - stay away from me!

Look at that stupid girl.

Lilred
12-08-2007, 22:17
Well, I guess from the recent dialogue of this thread, I'll be signing up to bring Goat's Head Soup to the pot luck.

Ron Haven
12-09-2007, 11:27
I was on Forest Service Rd 1365 yesterday shuttling and they just put new gravel and scraped it.I also will be there by 7:00am if there isn't snow.

Also I know eveyone will want to stay as close to the NOC as possible but if lodging there is a problem.Sly added a link to Budget Inn.I am a little less than 30 miles and if some people can't find lodging in Wesser,I will help you.Also I can run a shuttle from Budget Inn of Franklin and save you money on gas if this is an intrest.Who all is planning on hiking?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-09-2007, 16:00
I think I've taken my fair share of abuse.You're just sore from the contra dance. :D

Chaco Taco
12-10-2007, 10:22
Hey Sly,
For those of us that want to camp, do we have access to the facilities like showers and such?

Sly
12-12-2007, 14:41
Hey Sly,
For those of us that want to camp, do we have access to the facilities like showers and such?

Yeah, they have bathrooms, showers and laundry in the community building under the kitchen and dining hall.

Roots
12-12-2007, 21:30
HEY, I FOUND IT!! Now that I am on the right thread, I have a question. I am planning on bringing something-food-but I have no idea what to bring. Since this is our first Ruck, has anyone got any good suggestions? Thanx:)

Cuffs
12-12-2007, 21:31
Roots, click the link in one of Sly's posts... it will take you to the "official" page... on there are directions on how to find the food list.

Ewker
12-12-2007, 21:40
I need to check that food list also. I put some stuff on it and the next day it was gone, then it was back a few days later. I am not even sure what I am bringing since it is playing hide and seek with me :confused:

Sly
12-12-2007, 21:45
I need to check that food list also. I put some stuff on it and the next day it was gone, then it was back a few days later. I am not even sure what I am bringing since it is playing hide and seek with me :confused:

Yeah, the Google Docs seem to have glitches. I think if you edit, or add stuff, it's best to hit publish, re-publish, then save & close and then refresh your browser. It seems to working OK like that. If you can't get it to work just let me know and I'll try it.

Ewker
12-12-2007, 21:49
I just rechecked it. Since it deleted my first list of items I went back and added more. Now it has mixed the 2 together. I will wait another few days and see what is up.

Sly
12-12-2007, 21:55
I just rechecked it. Since it deleted my first list of items I went back and added more. Now it has mixed the 2 together. I will wait another few days and see what is up.

Most of the time, what you add in edit mode is still there, but doesn't show up unless it's published. .

Look here.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pLQjeEZIQO4T4_JGqKt4QKw&gid=0

PS I just clarified how to do it on the website.

TOW
12-13-2007, 09:21
Okay, once more.

If anyone is going to the ruck and driving in from the general area of Damascus I sure could use a ride to and from.

Ewker
12-13-2007, 11:42
Most of the time, what you add in edit mode is still there, but doesn't show up unless it's published. .

Look here.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pLQjeEZIQO4T4_JGqKt4QKw&gid=0

PS I just clarified how to do it on the website.

Sly, it looks right now thanks.

Is anyone bringing stuff for the used gear sale?

Cuffs
12-13-2007, 11:45
I am! Well, since Im helping Sly run it, I guess I better? Dont you have a jacket that hasnt sold Ewker?

Ewker
12-13-2007, 11:48
yeah, I was planning on bringing it (if it doesn't sell) and then I have another REI jacket plus a few other items

Skidsteer
12-13-2007, 12:07

I'll be bringing quite a bit of stuff.

Sly
12-16-2007, 07:20
Rumor has it there's spaces to be had in the basecamp bunk houses!

If you don't have a spot, you may want to call...

<big><big>800 232-7238

If anyone does call, could you ask how many spots that are left and post back here. Thanks.
</big></big>

mudhead
12-16-2007, 07:58

Hot Damn! but that's a good one.

Sly
12-16-2007, 08:36

I'll add a couple columns in the raffle doc if y'all want to announce what you're bringing.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pLQjeEZIQO4QVDqOOpTWjQw&hl=en

Lilred
12-16-2007, 11:01
Rumor has it there's spaces to be had in the basecamp bunk houses!

If you don't have a spot, you may want to call...

<big><big>800 232-7738

If anyone does call, could you ask how many spots that are left and post back here. Thanks.
</big></big>

That phone number should read 800-232-7238. I can't get through right now, but I'll be cancelling my reservation in the bunkhouse and I'll find out how many they have left. At least one female spot will be open...

Sly
12-16-2007, 11:37
That phone number should read 800-232-7238. I can't get through right now, but I'll be cancelling my reservation in the bunkhouse and I'll find out how many they have left. At least one female spot will be open...

Oh geez, I got that off the website! I better change it! Thanks!

Lilred
12-16-2007, 11:40
Oh geez, I got that off the website! I better change it! Thanks!

The number is correct on the Lodging link.

Sly
12-16-2007, 11:43
The number is correct on the Lodging link.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. All better. :) I wonder how many years I've had the wrong number? :eek:

Alligator
12-16-2007, 13:48
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. All better. :) I wonder how many years I've had the wrong number? :eek:And who were you really talking to when you called it:dance:-? :-? ?

Smile
12-16-2007, 13:52
Hopefully he was talking to the front desk at some Bahamas beach resort that we're booked into, and we'll all have to carpool down to a boat on the coast of Florida in January and get to our bunkhouse on a bay somewhere, with lots of sand, and a pool boy to bring us cocktails :)

Uh oh, did I type that out loud? I'm back, looking forward to the Ruck!

Mountain Maiden
12-16-2007, 14:50
Hopefully he was talking to the front desk at some Bahamas beach resort that we're booked into, and we'll all have to carpool down to a boat on the coast of Florida in January and get to our bunkhouse on a bay somewhere, with lots of sand, and a pool boy to bring us cocktails :)

Uh oh, did I type that out loud? I'm back, looking forward to the Ruck!

Uhhh--I have been to several SORUCKs and so far, no sand, no pool boys. But...one can hope, right?! Sounds good to me!

Keep Smiling!

See you at the RUCK! It's the BEST! :banana(pool boys or not!)

S:sun

Ewker
12-16-2007, 15:24
See you at the RUCK! It's the BEST!
S:sun

Looking forward to meeting you at the SoRuck. We missed meeting each other at one of the Nashville get togethers

Smile
12-16-2007, 15:50
Yes, see you at the Ruck! :)

D'Artagnan
12-27-2007, 15:48
Surprised at the lack of posts here in the last week or so. Just thought I'd give 'er a bump.

Any cigar smokers planning on being at SORUCK?

Sly
12-27-2007, 15:53
Surprised at the lack of posts here in the last week or so. Just thought I'd give 'er a bump.

Any cigar smokers planning on being at SORUCK?

Yeah, getting near now! :D

BTW, I have a private room in Cabin D with a double bed available. It's for Friday and Saturday nite, $80 total.

If anyone wants it, just PM me.

mweinstone
12-27-2007, 15:57
need ride to ruck from philly. got ride back with wonder . will pay exsorbitant gas prices and food drinks and tolls. non driver here. please dont forget your matthewski and go off to la la land without me. i so need to be at noc . with my peeps. and that good old bunkhouse dust and the long climb to bed from the bottom and the hand dryer in the bathroom that doubles as my clothes dryer and my sink that doubles as my washer and the towels hanging outside the showers belonging to river rats that double as my towels and the seeing janet and the laughing with lwolf and the daneing with dances and the froliking and the dino and the ...........just gimmy a ride.2156680898