PDA

View Full Version : BMT Oct 14-20

EMAN
11-05-2007, 15:47
For anyone interested, I finally got my photos posted on Webshots from the Oct BMT trip with Cuffs, Linda, and Stan Ritter...nothing of real scenic value I guess, just had a good time.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/561323065YzcMrI

envirodiver
11-05-2007, 19:27
Cool pics. Were you in the Smokies the whole time?

Ewker
11-05-2007, 19:39
Eman, nice pics. Glad everyone had a good trip.

Survivor Dave
11-05-2007, 19:50
EEEEEEEMAN!

Your weight training has paid off. It looks like you have lost a pile of weight for sure. Glad the knees held up and you had a good hike. AC/DC rocks! Dig that shirt man!
SD

Hammock Hanger
11-05-2007, 20:49
nice photos

Cuffs
11-05-2007, 21:00
Nice pics Erich! I think Eman is getting a new trail name... BMT = Bent, Mangled Toes. Seems this is a common occurance only when hiking the Benton MacKaye Trail....

generoll
11-05-2007, 21:30
seeing the pics was the next best thing to being there for the entire hike. I'm still thinking about redoing the section from Smokemont to Davenport. How are your toes?

Hammock Hanger
11-06-2007, 08:10
seeing the pics was the next best thing to being there for the entire hike. I'm still thinking about redoing the section from Smokemont to Davenport. How are your toes?

Not sure when I'll be available, however, let me know when you rehike this area if ya want some company. I have hike the first 2 sections of the BMT and need to finish from 20-Mile Ranger to Davenport Gap.

SUe/HH

MOWGLI
11-06-2007, 08:22
Not sure when I'll be available, however, let me know when you rehike this area if ya want some company. I have hike the first 2 sections of the BMT and need to finish from 20-Mile Ranger to Davenport Gap.

SUe/HH

Sue:

I've got from Smokemont to Davenport Gap, which is about 28 miles. I'd join you at 20 Mile Ranger Station, but I've done the Lakeshore Trail twice, and it kicked my butt both times. I do want to knock out the northernmost section of the BMT, but would prefer to do it at about 10 miles/day. There are some big climbs in that 28 miles.

EMAN
11-06-2007, 08:54
I was looking over the map of that section from Smokemont to Davenport. Am I wrong or is there limited campsites available? One shelter. 10 miles a day sounds pretty comfortable to me.
Toes are healing OK. 3 black ones on the right foot and the big toe on the left foot has finally stopped...uh...seeping...how gross, huh. It has settled in to just being sore.
This trip WAS a butt kicker. The climb up to CS52 that last day....crap!
The biggest reward for me was finding that, in losing 55 lbs., I could actually do this without gasping for air. Plenty of huffing and puffing...just not bent over double gasping.
Ready for more.

pitdog
11-06-2007, 09:38
Nice pic I been wanting to hike it for a few years now.