PDA

View Full Version : Parking on US20 - Lee, MA

K-Man
11-06-2007, 17:35
Does anyone Know if there is any parking on US20/Jacobs Ladder Road near Lee? I am meeting up with TDS for 4 days this weekend and want to leave a car there. I'll be going from North Adams down to Lee. Going to get a shuttle from Lee up to NA Friday morning and hike back to my car on Monday. I've ended a section there before and remember day hikers parking their cars on the side of the road. Don't really want to do that. Thanks!!

K-Man
11-06-2007, 17:38
Parking on Becket Road would be good too.

Uncle Silly
11-06-2007, 18:20
Hey Hungus! Don't think we ever met but I heard your name a bit while on trail this year. Did you finish up?

Tell TDS I said howdy!

K-Man
11-06-2007, 18:29
Yeah man...You were just ahead of me in ME. I summited on Oct 9th with Game on, Grizzle, Hop a long, Singe, Old Yeller, misplaced, Stone age, and Triple Deuce. Quite an awesome Crew!!!!

Uncle Silly
11-06-2007, 18:38
Nice! I met Hop-a-Long, Singe & Misplaced a couple of times (in Lincoln and Gorham), and Old Yeller once (in Gorham). Congrats on your summit!

Did you ever run into Granite again? :D

Tin Man
11-06-2007, 18:54
I have left a car at the trail-head at US20 in Lee on two multi-night section hikes and had no issues.

Cookerhiker
11-06-2007, 19:14
I also left a car on Rt 20 for a section hike - just one night. As I recall, the parking area is slightly west of the Trail in a small rest area. When I was there, the State road crews were using most of the lot for their vehicles and equipment.