PDA

View Full Version : Photos & Narrative - Harveys Knob Overlook to Catawba

trippclark
11-07-2007, 00:28
A few weeks ago I did a section hike between Harvey's Knob Overlook and Catawba (southbound). I have posted photos from the trip at http://www.trippclark.com/at.htm and have a link to the narrative at trailjournals.com. If anyone is interested take a look (expect no great photography or literary awards). As you would expect, the dominant theme of this hike was how dry everything was/is.

sweetpeastu
11-07-2007, 11:18
thanks for sharing. Thats in my neck of the woods. It's good to know theres no water available...

refreeman
11-07-2007, 13:12
trippclark that came out nice, good work. Thanks for sharing.

trippclark
11-08-2007, 11:21
thanks for sharing. Thats in my neck of the woods. It's good to know theres no water available...

Yep, very dry. We were shuttled by Homer Witchers and he warned us that there was no water for 18 miles after 220. We were not sure how literal to take this. Of course there was water immediately after 220 at Tinker Creek, but after that there was nothing at all until the piped spring past McAfee Knob, so it was indeed right at 18 miles between water sources.

I gather that it has continued to be dry there as it is here. I wonder if that little spring is still flowing.

Tripp