PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Laurel Design

Passionphish
11-07-2007, 21:41
Anybody know where they are? I ordered a tarp through them and have been monitoring my account for three days. I haven't seen it change from pending yet! What's the deal?

High Altitude
11-08-2007, 00:07
Have you called?

Tinker
11-08-2007, 01:15
There was a note on their website a couple of weeks ago that they were temporarily closed and would not be processing orders. I don't recall when they would be reopening. The good news is that they (well, Ron) could not fill orders fast enough and they were hiring new help.

Passionphish
11-08-2007, 06:56
Woops! There was a note posted on his site this morning! Two weeks! ahhh but its worth it.... ;>

firemountain
11-08-2007, 11:14
Being a small company much MLD gear is made to order. I purchased a tarp and bivy with a combined weight of 9oz. I am very happy with the quality. The wait is well worth it, and Ron is easy to deal with.

namehere
11-08-2007, 12:38
i bought a prototype quilt from them during trail days- excellent craftsmenship. they have great ultralight-weight gear!

Miner
11-08-2007, 22:58
You should be happy the wait on Tarps is now only 2 weeks. During the summer, it was at least 2 months.

Passionphish
11-11-2007, 11:05
Well, to top that... It has only been a week and they have already shipped it! I'm grateful! And SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vaporjourney
11-11-2007, 13:01
I absolutely love MLD. Along with ULA, they are by far my favorite ultralight company. Ron was amazingly helpful on my thruhike. I called asking how long it would take to get a tarp, and upon finding out I was on a thruhike, he made me one right away. I wasn't far from Roanoke where he is based at the time, and he came out, met me at the motel we were staying at, and delivered the tarp by hand in Daleville, VA! That's amazing service...seam sealed and all. Besides Ron being a cool guy and amazingly helpful (apparently you can customize the gear too?), the products are top notch. Great sewing, amazing design, etc etc. Now I need to get the money together to order the Zip backpack. Enjoy the tarp!

amigo
11-11-2007, 22:28
I recently had my first experience with MLD. I ordered a bug bivy and though it took a few weeks to arrive, I'm impressed with it. Can't wait to actually try it out in buggy weather. I was going to try to make one, but then I realized that MLD was already making exactly what I had in mind: full length, silnylon bottom, wide enough so your arms don't contact the mesh, and 5.80 oz actual weight.

With my 7 oz tarp, plus 4 titanium 6" stakes, 6 titanium nano stakes, 3 grip clips, and 50' of z-line cord, I have the equivalent of a 16 oz tarp-tent.