PDA

View Full Version : Damascus Shuttles

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 12:33
On the Town of Damascus website there is a list of services and such for AT hikers www.damascus.org/athikers.html scroll down and on the left you'll see a short list of shuttlers in town. I'm one of them. The wife of an MRO employee is raising holy hades at the town hall trying to get me delisted. This is because I took the side of a hiker that had complaints against MRO and another employee. So far, so good. Personally I won't do any more business with MRO but will still shuttle hikers, listed or not. So call me. I'll try to help out. :)

cannonball
11-08-2007, 12:47
I wouldn't consider using anyone other than you.
You carried me North to around Troutdale, some where along that road you said you ate a pop tART that you found on the road.
Anyhoooo I had to bail out after a few days as my back was not a good hiking buddy.
You were dropping someone of at Va. 58 I think it was and I was standing there wondering how the F do I get back to Damascus. Now thats trail magic. I kept repeating " I can't f----ing believe its you".:eek:

Disappointing hike turned into a great trail magic story. Sure beats those " came to a road crossing and someone was cooking hotdogs stories"

Ewker
11-08-2007, 13:10
Wolf, I have used you once for a shuttle and will use you again.

Ashman
11-08-2007, 13:12
What's MRO?

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 13:17
What's MRO?

Mount Rogers Outfitters

mrc237
11-08-2007, 13:20
Lone Wolf is a standup guy!

Wonder
11-08-2007, 13:21
Towns folk are always looking for something to bitch about

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 13:21
Lone Wolf is a standup guy!

thanks EZ. :) not according to some locals though

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 13:42
Whoa, first the gentle Wonder says she won't shop at Mount Rogers Outfitter because of nonsense from guy that runs their hostel and now LW says someone connected to MRO is trying to get him removed from the town's web site as a shuttle provider.:eek: Sounds like Jeff Patrick better get a handle on things pronto before a successful business become far less successful.

LW, thanks for the heads-up on this. Please let us know if they actually do take you off the list.

mrc237
11-08-2007, 13:44
Seems to me that Damascus is gettin' a little "yupified". Whaddaya think?

Tennessee Viking
11-08-2007, 13:45
If you give me enough notice or catch a hiker on trail, I shuttle to a few spots in between Damascus and Erwin.

Wonder
11-08-2007, 14:33
HEy, I'm not on the town list, but if anyone is coming thru....feel free to drop me a line. If my work schedule allows, I'll do some shuttles

StarLyte
11-08-2007, 14:54
I’m real sorry to hear that LW.

I for one would only phone you in Damascus, and I have.

Don’t let it ruin your day and stay firm on your beliefs.

You and Gypsy are good people. I hate to see this happen!

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 14:59
You're my #1 shuttle choice Wolf.

It's a damn shame that it's come to this because of the a-hole at MRO and management's refusal to deal with him.

Now Wolf, if you'd become a born-again and renounce your past sins, MRO would welcome you back with open arms.:D

Local
11-08-2007, 14:59
Local and buliwyf, send me your contact information (send to grsmith07 at gmail.com) and I'll list you on the "services for hikers" page. We list these services for free on the town site (www.damascus.org (http://www.damascus.org)) because we are a hiker-friendly town. Thanks for helping us keep it that way.

The person trying to get Wolf removed, deleted, whatever, is the wife of the guy at MRO who threatened me when I tried to discuss the racist incident that happened there with one of their employees. "If you publicize this I'll come after you," he told me. In the past I've been threatened in foreign countries by well-armed teenage soldiers who spoke a language I didn't understand. I had never been threatened by an employee of a backpacker store in my home town. Add this to life's interesting experiences.

Local
11-08-2007, 15:03
Crap. I meant "wonder" instead of "local." How Freudian is that?

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 15:09
I’m real sorry to hear that LW.

Don’t let it ruin your day and stay firm on your beliefs.

it certainly doesn't ruin my day. it's kinda funny and sad at the same time. nobody from MRO has contacted me about not wanting me being listed on the town owned website. pretty spineless. they used to call me to handle their shuttles when they were full. all i did was side with a kid that got slurred by an employee. go figure. :)

Ron Haven
11-08-2007, 15:31
Local and buliwyf, send me your contact information (send to grsmith07 at gmail.com) and I'll list you on the "services for hikers" page. We list these services for free on the town site (www.damascus.org (http://www.damascus.org)) because we are a hiker-friendly town. Thanks for helping us keep it that way.

The person trying to get Wolf removed, deleted, whatever, is the wife of the guy at MRO who threatened me when I tried to discuss the racist incident that happened there with one of their employees. "If you publicize this I'll come after you," he told me. In the past I've been threatened in foreign countries by well-armed teenage soldiers who spoke a language I didn't understand. I had never been threatened by an employee of a backpacker store in my home town. Add this to life's interesting experiences.Let's vote Lone Wolf in for mayor of Damascus :D

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 15:33
Let's vote Lone Wolf in for mayor of Damascus :D

how about VICE mayor. i'll be in charge of all vice. gambling, prostitution, untaxed liquor, etc. :cool:

dixicritter
11-08-2007, 15:36
how about VICE mayor. i'll be in charge of all vice. gambling, prostitution, untaxed liquor, etc. :cool:

LOL... sounds like a perfect job for you. ;)

Sorry to hear about all the turmoil.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 15:53
The person trying to get Wolf removed, deleted, whatever, is the wife of the guy at MRO who threatened me when I tried to discuss the racist incident that happened there with one of their employees. "If you publicize this I'll come after you," he told me. In the past I've been threatened in foreign countries by well-armed teenage soldiers who spoke a language I didn't understand. I had never been threatened by an employee of a backpacker store in my home town. Add this to life's interesting experiences.I was willing to give Wally, the man who is at the center of all this, the benefit of a doubt at first.... the first incident could have been some sort of misunderstanding in the context of a verbal disagreement that got out-of-hand, but when Wonder said she was having problems with the hostel manager that got my attention as I know Wonder and she is not one to take offense easily. Now I find out he threatened Local when he ask about the original incident -- this is way, way over the top. Jeff Patrick, owner of MRO, can employee who ever he wants, but keeping employees who do this sort of thing has consequences.

That settles it for this Dino. Until MRO does something about Wally, the guy who is currently running MRO's hostel, I won't be patronizing any of MRO services - not the outfitter, nor the shuttle service, nor the hostel -- in fact, I will be actively telling others they need to avoid them when the topic comes up.

D'Artagnan
11-08-2007, 16:17
... they used to call me to handle their shuttles when they were full...

This happened to me once -- they were booked so they were planning to use LW but he was busy so I got to meet The Only Wanderer instead. Life just hasn't been the same since. :D ( I did get to ride in LW's truck though. ) In retrospect I'm glad I didn't have to ride with Wally all that way.

TOW
11-08-2007, 16:34
I offer walking services to both trail heads here in Damascus. The cost is only a nickle a step, but tell you what I'll throw in a free long distance phone call so that you can tell your clan that you got a walking shuttle from The Only Wanderer...........

warren doyle
11-08-2007, 16:42
MRO will continue to exist as an outfitter and Lone Wolf will continue to exist as a shuttler in Damascus.

I have found a few of the more vocal (frequent) posters on WhiteBlaze to not be very representative of the majority of long distance hikers who aren't quite as vitriolic, alarmist, right-wing reactionary, blindly patriotic, strident, negative, hyper-critical, mean-spirited or 'Chicken Little' ish.

I think that some of these WB's feel they have the power to change things on the trail. In my opinion, the more they rant the more credibility they lose.

CaseyB
11-08-2007, 16:57
Who's rant'n? Wolf is just letting folks know that someone connected to MRO was trying to get him De-Listed from the town website.

Wolf, what was the reason given for wanting you off the list? No biz license? or did they cop to "just for spite"

Local
11-08-2007, 17:00
I'm updating the page http://www.damascus.org/athikers.html, a printable list of services for hikers in Damascus, Virginia. In addition to Wolf, I would like to list contact information for buliwyf (shuttles), Wonder (shuttles, tour guide), and The Only Wanderer (free phone for hikers, free front porch sitting, books, some cooking facilities). If there are other things which should be added to this list please let me know.

This list is offered by the hiker-friendly town of Damascus. We don't discriminate in our listings, and we don't delete people because someone feels we should. Someone has asked that Wolf be deleted, and others have asked that Mount Rogers Outfitters and Dave's Place be deleted. We won't be doing any of that.

warren doyle
11-08-2007, 17:04
Good for you Local!

Damascus List = 1
ALDHA Companion (Erwin-Uncle Johnny's) = 0

TOW
11-08-2007, 17:07
I'm updating the page http://www.damascus.org/athikers.html, a printable list of services for hikers in Damascus, Virginia. In addition to Wolf, I would like to list contact information for buliwyf (shuttles), Wonder (shuttles, tour guide), and The Only Wanderer (free phone for hikers, free front porch sitting, books, some cooking facilities). If there are other things which should be added to this list please let me know.

This list is offered by the hiker-friendly town of Damascus. We don't discriminate in our listings, and we don't delete people because someone feels we should. Someone has asked that Wolf be deleted, and others have asked that Mount Rogers Outfitters and Dave's Place be deleted. We won't be doing any of that.
Occasionally I will offer a meal when I get in the mood. In fact I have a southbounder by the name of Thumper sitting right across from me right now eating me out of house and home. I'm telling you you can't fill these long distance hikers up..............:)

Ron Haven
11-08-2007, 17:13
how about VICE mayor. i'll be in charge of all vice. gambling, prostitution, untaxed liquor, etc. :cool:When you start your campain I'll put up some posters for you.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 17:15
how about VICE mayor. i'll be in charge of all vice. gambling, prostitution, untaxed liquor, etc. :cool:I thought you were already in charge of these things in Damascus :confused:

:D

Cuffs
11-08-2007, 17:43
MRO will continue to exist as an outfitter and Lone Wolf will continue to exist as a shuttler in Damascus.

I have found a few of the more vocal (frequent) posters on WhiteBlaze to not be very representative of the majority of long distance hikers who aren't quite as vitriolic, alarmist, right-wing reactionary, blindly patriotic, strident, negative, hyper-critical, mean-spirited or 'Chicken Little' ish.

I think that some of these WB's feel they have the power to change things on the trail. In my opinion, the more they rant the more credibility they lose.

Yes, they will both still be around. So we dont represent the majority... so. And I have met a many long distance hiker who is vitriolic, alarmist, right-wing (and a few left-wingers), patriotic, (and not so patriotic), negative (and happy go lucky) hyper-critical (and overly compassionate) mean-spirited (and ever-giving) or Chicken Little's (and bullys)

We WB'ers may not have the power to change things on the trail, but individually, we do what we can to help one another.

I for one would be eager to call LW, because I have met and know him, (and yea, maybe we dont agree on everything, but thats what makes for good conversation) rather than call someone or some place that I have not dealt with.

max patch
11-08-2007, 17:51

The great majority of actual hikers I meet on the trail have never even heard of WhiteBlaze.

cannonball
11-08-2007, 18:09
Let's vote Lone Wolf in for mayor of Damascus :D
I thought he already was the Mayor:o

TOW
11-08-2007, 18:18
The great majority of actual hikers I meet on the trail have never even heard of WhiteBlaze.
along with that fact the majority that come to use the phone have never heard of wb.

remember the uncle johnny and miss janet theing that went on for so long. it was posted all over hobocentral.com and i was always on there adding my two cents which didn't amount to a hill of beans. miss janet and uncle johnny never suffered for business and i think they are still doing business.

but anyway, i for one will stick with jeff patrick of mro and i will also stick with michael wright of sundogs. i'll refer people to Lone Wolf and Wonder.

but i think its darn petty to get on here with this crap..........

Cookerhiker
11-08-2007, 18:26

And unfortuately, many are aware only dimly, if at all, about the ATC.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
WB certainly isn't going to change the world, but it does give us a place to vent our feelings on a subject.

Jack Tarlin
Actually, Wanderer, John lost lots of business from people who decided over the years they wanted to stay somewhere else.

Janet lost business every time a hiker was told (erroneously) that her place was full, had no hot water, was closed by the Board of Health, etc.)

Happily, all this crap is over and done with, but for Wanderer to say that noblody lost business during this period or because of this unpleasantness only indicates that he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Oh, and Janet's has been closed for quite some time, so if Wanderer still thinks she's in business, well this REALLY proves he's kind of in the dark on what's going on.

Here's the news: Uncle Johnny's is open for business now and will be in '08. I hope people stay there and have a good time. Miss Janet's is closed at present but may well be open in Erwin by the '08 hiker season; people will also have a good time there. There's plenty of room in Erwin for more than one top of the line hiker facility, and I hope everyone that's in business next year in Erwin has a good season.

TOW
11-08-2007, 18:29
whatever you say jack, i'm not trying to be in the "know."

i think i got my point across though..........

Jack Tarlin
11-08-2007, 18:38
In that you're about an hour away from there and I live in New Hampshire.....
yeah, you're right. You're really not in the know. Was that that point you were trying to get across?

TOW
11-08-2007, 18:44
In that you're about an hour away from there and I live in New Hampshire.....
yeah, you're right. You're really not in the know. Was that that point you were trying to get across?
i'm not taking the bait jack..........

TOW
11-08-2007, 18:47
i know one thing jack, janet told me she was closed and still doing shuttles from time to time............

MOWGLI
11-08-2007, 18:48
i'm not taking the bait jack..........

Jack already took it. And Warren shouted, "fish on!" :D

warren doyle
11-08-2007, 18:51
Smart move.

TOW
11-08-2007, 18:51
Jack already took it. And Warren shouted, "fish on!" :D
hahahahaha............yeah and he came after me...........hahahaha!:D

dixicritter
11-08-2007, 18:59
Knock it off y'all.

Tin Man
11-08-2007, 19:05
Wanderer, what was your point? I am confused. :-? It sounds to me that the UJ issue did impact business for both UJ and Ms. J. While some of the issues were openly discussed on the Internet where many may not have read about them, certainly the more powerful trail grapevine spread the word around and did have an impact. So, is your point that the Internet discussions did not impact business for UJ and Ms. J.? And, if that is your point, what does it matter where people heard about it?

Tin Man
11-08-2007, 19:06
Knock it off y'all.

Oops, sorry Dixi....

dixicritter
11-08-2007, 19:07

Trying to bait the ones that you know this will entice to attack you again? Real smooth Warren. Keep it up and you'll go back on Moderated post status again. I'm not buying the "I'm the victim" ploy anymore. If I'm not going to let my own kid get away with it I sure am not gonna put up with it from someone as old as you.

dixicritter
11-08-2007, 19:10
Oops, sorry Dixi....

Y'all do realize that the Uncle J and Miss J thing is in Erwin, TN not Damascus, VA right? :eek:

LOL

Tin Man
11-08-2007, 19:15
Y'all do realize that the Uncle J and Miss J thing is in Erwin, TN not Damascus, VA right? :eek:

LOL

As usual, threads tend to drift in the direction that the windbags blow. In this case, about 80 miles off course. ;)

Lone Wolf
11-08-2007, 21:16
along with that fact the majority that come to use the phone have never heard of wb.

remember the uncle johnny and miss janet theing that went on for so long. it was posted all over hobocentral.com and i was always on there adding my two cents which didn't amount to a hill of beans. miss janet and uncle johnny never suffered for business and i think they are still doing business.

but anyway, i for one will stick with jeff patrick of mro and i will also stick with michael wright of sundogs. i'll refer people to Lone Wolf and Wonder.

johnny, janet, jeff, and michael aren't long listance hikers. neither are you. i'm offering shuttles. that's all. i don't want to fight. i treat folks good. if you'all use MRO, great! Jeff is the only one person there to deal with. Jeff IS MRO

TOW
11-08-2007, 21:31
johnny, janet, jeff, and michael aren't long listance hikers. neither are you. i'm offering shuttles. that's all. i don't want to fight. i treat folks good. if you'all use MRO, great! Jeff is the only one person there to deal with. Jeff IS MRO
right on....................:sun

Local
11-08-2007, 21:31
.... If I'm not going to let my own kid get away with it I sure am not gonna put up with it from someone as old as you.

Yow! Remind me that next time I get into a brawl I have Dixicritter backing me up..... or preferably, in front of me while I shout encouragement from a safe distance. :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-08-2007, 21:38
::: Dino sits at Master Dixicritter's feet to learn the art of forum moderation :::

Cuffs
11-08-2007, 21:43
Personally I like the "Everyone back to your corners, sit down and shut up!" approach...

Wonder
11-08-2007, 23:56
I was willing to give Wally, the man who is at the center of all this, the benefit of a doubt at first.... the first incident could have been some sort of misunderstanding in the context of a verbal disagreement that got out-of-hand, but when Wonder said she was having problems with the hostel manager that got my attention as I know Wonder and she is not one to take offense easily. Now I find out he threatened Local when he ask about the original incident -- this is way, way over the top. Jeff Patrick, owner of MRO, can employee who ever he wants, but keeping employees who do this sort of thing has consequences.

That settles it for this Dino. Until MRO does something about Wally, the guy who is currently running MRO's hostel, I won't be patronizing any of MRO services - not the outfitter, nor the shuttle service, nor the hostel -- in fact, I will be actively telling others they need to avoid them when the topic comes up.

Just to clear this up, I've never personaly had any trouble with the Hostel manager or anyone at MRO. That siad, I chose to remove my support and business on a comfort factor. That fact that I have someone elses religon thrown at me when I'm in the vacinity of MRO is what makes me uncomfortable. Also, after hearing about what happened with Highlife and not being a Christian myself, I fear what will be said to me. I have a little trouble keeping my cool when people take some sort of personal offence to my beliefs. That's all......jsut didn't want the wrong message out there.:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-09-2007, 00:09
Thanks for the clarification, Wonder. This and many things like it are why I think so highly of you.... well that and the fact that I adopted you in the Hillybilly Yard Sale thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24478) :D

Skyline
11-09-2007, 00:18
I thought he already was the Mayor:o

I thought he was the Sheriff.

Wonder
11-09-2007, 00:18
I'll never for get "red-neck" mothers day........I promise, Maw

mobileman
11-09-2007, 02:45
Trying to bait the ones that you know this will entice to attack you again? Real smooth Warren. Keep it up and you'll go back on Moderated post status again. I'm not buying the "I'm the victim" ploy anymore. If I'm not going to let my own kid get away with it I sure am not gonna put up with it from someone as old as you.

Dixicritter: Why don't you pick on THE ONES WHO DO BAIT and leave Warren alone. I do not agree with everything Warren says, but there are certainly others more outspoken and caustic in their remarks, yet you do not give them personal warnings. Now back to this thread, Lone Wolf did not do anything other than INFORM WB members what Wally's wife did. Jeff Patrick, owner of MRO who is Wallys employer had ample oppourtunity to address the Wally situation on another thread or in a private meeting with Wally. If he did or did not we don't know. Now he certainly needs to inform Wally that neither he or his wife should involve MRO directly or indirectly in any type of controversy. I am sure that backpackers will hear information on MRO, Jeff and Wally on the trail next year. When I reach Damascus next spring, I don't plan on using Jeffs MRO, its hostel or shuttle service. This whole matter has left a bad smell in the air.

Wonder
11-09-2007, 03:25
Just come hang out here.....shott it's November, and I've had hikers here for the past couple weeks!

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 07:46
Wolf, what was the reason given for wanting you off the list? No biz license? or did they cop to "just for spite"

i think it's the business license thing. i don't run a business though

Local
11-09-2007, 08:10
CaseyB, at first the complaint was "he has no business license." Then when it was explained that Wolf doesn't run a business it became "he didn't pay to be on that page."

If you look at the page in question, http://www.damascus.org/athikers.html, you can see I've tried to list all of the amenities in town a hiker might be seeking. No one has paid to be on this page.

This, imho, is obviously an attempt to get at L. Wolf in some manner. The triviality of this (imho) possibly reflects the originator. Many people in town are getting a good laugh about this. Yes, we're a small town and things get pretty dull around here sometime.

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 08:30

or have heard of www.damascus.org either

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 08:33

then why are you here adding your 2 cents? so you agree with MRO and their employees. good for you

Jim Obermeyer
11-09-2007, 08:39

You got my business. You could call your shuttle business "Shuttle Plus"

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 08:40
Lone Wolf did not do anything other than INFORM WB members what Wally's wife did.

wally doesn't have a wife. at least here in town. another employee's/owner's wife started this BS

TOW
11-09-2007, 08:48
then why are you here adding your 2 cents? so you agree with MRO and their employees. good for you
I think I made myself very clear on the subjuect concerning Wally in the thread that was closed down. I do not agree with Jeffs decision to keep Wally on, but at the same time I am not going to slam him for it. As far as someone calling to get you off the site as a service provider to the hiking community is concerned, I don't agree with that either.

What upsets me with this thread is that you got on here and reopened the can of worms.

I'm going to tell you something right now Wolf, Jeff Patrick is the one who is getting the short end of this whole thing. Another thing Jeff has held you in high regard for some time and then you get on here and post this.

Go take it up with the one who is out to get you off of the site.

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 08:51
I'm going to tell you something right now Wolf, Jeff Patrick is the one who is getting the short end of this whole thing. Another thing Jeff has held you in high regard for some time and then you get on here and post this.

wrong son. jeff has/had the power to fix this whole mess. obviously i'm not held in very high regard. wally is the one held in high regard obviously

TOW
11-09-2007, 09:01
wrong son. jeff has/had the power to fix this whole mess. obviously i'm not held in very high regard
Come on Wolf, your not held in high regard because he did not do what you think he, or me, or countless others thought he should have done? Since when does all your friends see it your way all the time?

What kind of friendship is it if I am going to always agree with my friends? Just because I may disagree with Jeff, or with you, does that mean I get on here and slam you or your business publicly? Wouldn't it be best to come to you one on one, or just drop the matter and when the time is right and the problem is ready to be fixed, then jump in there and fix it?

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 09:05
I get on here and slam you or your business publicly?

i haven't "slammed" jeff or his business. until certain employees are no longer there i won't be doing business with them. others can do what they want. you don't have a dog in this hunt. stay out of it

D'Artagnan
11-09-2007, 09:11
To Wonder, Wolf, Wanderer, & Local:

Is it ever weird posting on here concerning people or to people you're likely to run into on the street? The thought just occurred to me that it's easy for folks like me and others who are separated geographically to post whatever we want, but do you feel some sense of self-censorship when you post about folks in your own town? Do you hold back or is it all in good fun?

Just curious. ;)

CaseyB
11-09-2007, 09:12

Is it ever weird posting on here concerning people or to people you're likely to run into on the street? The thought just occurred to me that it's easy for folks like me and others who are separated geographically to post whatever we want, but do you feel some sense of self-censorship when you post about folks in your own town? Do you hold back or is it all in good fun?

Just curious. ;)

Weekly cage match, out by the caboose.

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 09:14

Just curious. ;)

i haven't posted anything wrong/false. neither has wonder or local. so i don't hide on the streets or avoid anyone

mobileman
11-09-2007, 09:16
Lone Wolf did not do anything other than INFORM WB members what Wally's wife did. Jeff Patrick, owner of MRO who is Wallys employer had ample oppourtunity to address the Wally situation on another thread or in a private meeting with Wally. If he did or did not we don't know. Now he certainly needs to inform Wally that neither he or his wife should involve MRO directly or indirectly in any type of controversy. I am sure that backpackers will hear information on MRO, Jeff and Wally on the trail next year. When I reach Damascus next spring, I don't plan on using Jeffs MRO, its hostel or shuttle service. This whole matter has left a bad smell in the air.

Revise the last word "Wally,s" in the first sentence to read: "What an MRO employees" Revise the entire 5th sentence to read: "needs to inform his employees that neither they or their wifes should involve MRO directly" .

mobileman
11-09-2007, 09:38
You folks in damascus will hopefully realize that the ISSUE is what MRO, its employee(s), their wife(s), Jeff the owner, Wally an employee, did or failed to do. nothing else, no one else. Its my decision as an individual hiker (as it is for all hikers) to spend my money where I please, I choose not to spend it at MRO.

Creek Dancer
11-09-2007, 09:48
Imobileman, why don't you stop yelling. Dixi is very even handed on this forum. Others have received warnings for the same type of behavior. Warren was clearly baiting and she called him on it too.

mobileman
11-09-2007, 09:58
Creek Dancer: I disagree, I guess thats still my right. "Yelling", you havent seen anything yet girlie.

Creek Dancer
11-09-2007, 10:02
Calm down. No need to be so sensitive. Maybe you don't realize that using all caps is considered yelling.

SGT Rock
11-09-2007, 10:04
Creek Dancer: I disagree, I guess thats still my right. "Yelling", you havent seen anything yet girlie.
Hey imobile man. You need to calm down now. There is no need for that.

TOW
11-09-2007, 10:04
i haven't "slammed" jeff or his business. until certain employees are no longer there i won't be doing business with them. others can do what they want. you don't have a dog in this hunt. stay out of it
I am unable to do that. Everytime you come on here and say something about MRO, I'm going to let you know I'm in Jeffs corner.

And I didn't say Toms or Wallys corner either........just Jeff.

TOW
11-09-2007, 10:07

Just curious. ;)
No, this is a serious matter. And we don't hide from each other. I mean where are we going to go? I ain't running from anyone..........they don't like me I don't give a crap............

D'Artagnan
11-09-2007, 10:07
i haven't posted anything wrong/false. neither has wonder or local. so i don't hide on the streets or avoid anyone

That's not what I was implying. I just wondered if it was weird posting to people you'd see around town. That's all. No biggie. :D

TOW
11-09-2007, 10:08
You folks in damascus will hopefully realize that the ISSUE is what MRO, its employee(s), their wife(s), Jeff the owner, Wally an employee, did or failed to do. nothing else, no one else. Its my decision as an individual hiker (as it is for all hikers) to spend my money where I please, I choose not to spend it at MRO.

good for you.............

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 10:11
I am unable to do that. Everytime you come on here and say something about MRO, I'm going to let you know I'm in Jeffs corner.

And I didn't say Toms or Wallys corner either........just Jeff.

jeff is in their corners so that puts you in the corner too. very crowded corner. friendships before business :)

EWS
11-09-2007, 10:14
L. Wolf is giving shuttles and there are alternatives. Okay.

Let me guess... This thread will be soon locked, like the others that have drifted in this stupid-arse direction.

TOW
11-09-2007, 10:17
jeff is in their corners so that puts you in the corner too. very crowded corner. friendships before business :)
That's your analysis, then so be it. Let the lines be drawn...........

TOW
11-09-2007, 10:18
That's your analysis, then so be it. Let the lines be drawn...........
oh, i forgot........................:)

mobileman
Sgt Rock: Whats the problem? Creek Dancer felt she had the right to be upset with me. I believe America still gives me the same right. At least thats what thet told me in the Armed forces when I served.

Lone Wolf
that's pretty funny :D

CaseyB
11-09-2007, 10:23
Cage match, tonite at 7:00. All WB'ers are cordially invited to spectate/give/receive the smackdown. OOHH YEAH!!

SGT Rock
11-09-2007, 10:24
Sgt Rock: Whats the problem? Creek Dancer felt she had the right to be upset with me. I believe America still gives me the same right. At least thats what thet told me in the Armed forces when I served.
The problem is your attitude towards her and my wife. Get over it. If you don't like it quit posting on this thread.

You have the right to get mad. You don't have the permission to act like that. Get the difference? A moderator is trying to calm some waters and you are only escallating it.

BTW, the rest of you chill out. You are acting like a bunch of kids on the play ground picking sides. I'm about to chill this thread out myself.

EWS
11-09-2007, 10:25
Sgt Rock: Whats the problem? Creek Dancer felt she had the right to be upset with me. I believe America still gives me the same right. At least thats what thet told me in the Armed forces when I served.Fifty years ago? Doubt it.

EWS
11-09-2007, 10:27
I'm about to chill this thread out myself.Do it, before the Crusades start again.