PDA

View Full Version : pancake mix that only needs water?

cabalot
12-01-2003, 22:09
i remember hearing something about a pancake mix that only needs water?
does any one know the brand and where i can get it?
i looked in super stop & shop but no luck?

smokymtnsteve
12-01-2003, 22:22
any mix that says complete...you can ge the whole grain type at whole foods..

also sometimes I take vanilla soy milk powder....well I always take it ...it;s good in oatmeal and grits in the morning too..

Groucho
12-01-2003, 22:48
Buttermilk Complete is the best. Aunt Jemima, Hungry Jack, as well as some store brands are usually found in most large stores.

cabalot
12-01-2003, 23:38
Buttermilk Complete is the best. Aunt Jemima, Hungry Jack, as well as some store brands are usually found in most large stores.

buttermilk sounds goooood. uumm, pure maple syrup from vermont.

must eat now. i feel like homer simpson

gravityman
12-02-2003, 11:45
I can't remember the brand, but we once used some that was "shake and pour". Came in its own bottle. Just add water, shake, and pour. Pain the the rear with a whisper lite stove and a titanium-stick pot. The pancakes were really just pan-lumps.

Gravity Man

RagingHampster
12-02-2003, 12:54
LOL!

I use this stuff all the time. When I use to lug my whisperlite (and I have titanium cookware), you have to really oil the pan up, and then hold it above the flame with a bandana. It's actually 10x easier to make them with an alcohol stove that I use now due to the gentler heat output, and high degree of flame control. I suspect for the true trail gourmet that a teflon coated pan would be the way to go. What really gets to me is that it takes so long to make a "Hiker's Stack" of cakes. I usually end up eating them as I cook and end up with no stack.

I use the Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Mix along with a mini-jug of Vermont's finest Amber syrup.

YUM!!!

firefly
12-02-2003, 16:11
Bisquick makes a pancake mix that comes in a yellow plastic container. You add water, shake and pour. It is very easy to use ..makes about 10 pancakes..no mess to clean up. I have found it in most grocery stores in the baking section but sometimes it is sitting next to the flour-not the pancake mix. I have used this stuff for years on camping trips because it is so easy and it makes great tasting pancakes.