PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hike - begin Feb 5 08

partinj
11-14-2007, 14:41
i am starting on my hike on Feb 05 2008 gode to take it nice and easy not worry abound speed. That said i am lokking for someone to start with doing about 8 miles a day to start. just want take my time and see lots of sites you can email me at.

[email protected] :sun

ChinMusic
11-14-2007, 14:48
Why are you hiking only one day a week???

edit: someone spoiled my fun.......:cool:

dessertrat
11-14-2007, 16:18
I'll bet it will be COLD that time of year.

Jack Tarlin
11-14-2007, 19:20
It certainly will be cold. What are your reasons for starting that early?

warraghiyagey
11-14-2007, 19:26
It certainly will be cold. What are your reasons for starting that early?
Probably avoiding valentines day at home.

Kirby
11-20-2007, 20:56
i am starting on my hike on Feb 05 2008 gode to take it nice and easy not worry abound speed. That said i am lokking for someone to start with doing about 8 miles a day to start. just want take my time and see lots of sites you can email me at.

[email protected] :sun

If you start about a month later you will have plenty of company, I plan on going slow for the first few days, but my plan puts me to Katahdin in mid-August. I am going to sugguest, as many many others, you start later. It will, overall, be warmer, and you will be right in the thick of things are far as thru-hikers go. There are a lot of people starting the 1st of March if you are looking to find people to hike with.

However, I have not thru hiked, so take my advice second to those who have thru-hiked.

Kirby

Pedaling Fool
11-20-2007, 21:09
...It will, overall, be warmer...
It will be warmer, but only in comparison to Feb. temps. I started March 17 2006 and April 08 2007 and saw snow during both trips. However, I still would not consider starting in Feb, at least not until global warming is in full swing.