PDA

View Full Version : Wind Screen

partinj
11-16-2007, 14:05
Hi everone i found this wind screen at campmor. Iwas just wonder if it would be safe to use with my Snow Peak stove. what do you guys think :rolleyes:

http://www.campmor.com/images/acc/23067.jpg

oops56
11-16-2007, 14:19
Sure good with any stove

Thoughtful Owl
11-16-2007, 14:32
how much does it way? what does it cost? you could probably make one out of a scrap piece of roof flashing that would weigh less and cost less.

Kerosene
11-16-2007, 16:27
Even better, just bring a big piece of aluminum foil to use as a makeshift pot lid/windscreen, and put the roll of aluminum foil in your bounce box to replace it as needed.

I don't see this windscreen working any better than my foil. The downside of both approaches is that breezes typically shift around, so leaving one side fully exposed only works part of the time. You don't want to fully enclose the canister or else you risk overheating the canister and a possible flame-up or even explosion.

take-a-knee
11-16-2007, 17:53
Never, ever, place a wrap around windscreen around a canister stove, it might work great in cold weather but, sooner or later, you'll do it when it is warm enough and the whole thing may go BOOOM!

Roots
11-16-2007, 18:09
I got an aluminum pie plate and cut the slots out of it to fit down over the stove-it looks just like the windscreen they sell for the giga snowpeak and weighs A LOT less and only cost about 50 cents!:)

take-a-knee
11-17-2007, 01:20
Some guys have made a windscreen that encircles the burner but not the cannister, I think they use wires to hang it from the pot supports. This of course avoids possibly over heating the cannister.

toddhiker
11-17-2007, 10:04
Hi everone i found this wind screen at campmor. Iwas just wonder if it would be safe to use with my Snow Peak stove. what do you guys think :rolleyes:

Hi,
It works and is very stable w/ the rods that stick into the ground. However it is HEAVY!!