PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning America broadcast live from Mt Washington this Monday

DuctTape
11-17-2007, 03:10
Don't know if anyone's posted it yet, but I just stumbled across this:

http://www.mountwashington.org/news/release.php?id=26

Sly
11-17-2007, 03:41
Pretty cool. I'll try to make sure to watch.

Tha Wookie
11-17-2007, 10:33
I'll give 25 dollars to anyone on this site who moons the camera while it is running live.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2007, 10:35
I'll give 25 dollars to anyone on this site who moons the camera while it is running live.

that won't even cover the gas to get to the court house to pay the $150 fine. cheapskate

Tha Wookie
11-17-2007, 10:40
You're right..... we need more people to chip in an up the ante. How bout it wolfie?

EWS
11-17-2007, 10:42
A flasher, the good kind, a woman, made it on the air a few years back from the streets in NYC.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2007, 10:53
You're right..... we need more people to chip in an up the ante. How bout it wolfie?

why? mooning is childish, sophmoric, a completely stupid form of protest. showing your ass just shows you're an ass :)

Nightwalker
11-17-2007, 11:01
why? mooning is childish, sophomoric, a completely stupid form of protest. showing your ass just shows you're an ass :)

You might be saying that as a joke, but I completely agree with you.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2007, 11:03
no joke. i really mean it

Kirby
11-17-2007, 13:50
I am still yet to grasp the point behind mooning that train. I feel the train gives people a chance to be on a mountain top who would otherwise be unable to. All-be-it, some people use it because they don't want to hike, and it does send endless amounts of black smoke into the air, but mooning the train seems like a silly point of protest that really gives a bad reputation to thru hikers and gives the people on the train something to laugh at.

Maybe I am just nieve,
Kirby

The Old Fhart
11-17-2007, 14:40
Kirby-"I am still yet to grasp the point behind mooning that train...//........ Maybe I am just nieve......"Your post made excellent sense. Now if you could just convince the less mature people who advocate mooning.....:D

Uncle Silly
11-17-2007, 15:13
Mooning the train is a different thread. This one's about mooning the cameras on top of the mountain. No fine... if you don't get caught. :D

Sly
11-17-2007, 15:17
I feel the train gives people a chance to be on a mountain top who would otherwise be unable to.

Anyone can get to the top of the mountain by van...

The Old Fhart
11-17-2007, 18:53
Sly-"Anyone can get to the top of the mountain by van..."...and a few of us ride to the top in a Bombardier Snocat (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=3500&original=1&c=member&imageuser=1531)...:D

Trillium
11-17-2007, 20:27
WOW; now THAT's a ride.

Kirby
11-17-2007, 20:29
Anyone can get to the top of the mountain by van...

But, fot those people who do not want to drive up what I hear can be a dangerous road can ride the train, I hear the train is an interesting experience.

Kirby

weary
11-17-2007, 21:17
why? mooning is childish, sophmoric, a completely stupid form of protest. showing your ass just shows you're an ass :)
True enough Wolf. But neither does it matter much. I suggest we just ignore the issue. I'll try, if you will.

weary
11-17-2007, 21:22
...and a few of us ride to the top in a Bombardier Snocat (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=3500&original=1&c=member&imageuser=1531)...:D
Yeah, but come clean, Old Fhart. You only use a Bombardier snocat in the winter when you are in a rush to get to your volunteer job. You can't fool me. I've seen your slides, and my Mom and sisters have alerted me to your stories

Weary

The Old Fhart
11-17-2007, 22:17
RE: Good Morning America broadcast live from Mt Washington this Monday

I attended a meeting last night (16th) that featured Scott Henley, Executive Director of the Mount Washington Observatory, and Ryan Knapp, the summit meteorologist, and they discussed the upcoming live broadcast, global warming, and other weather related events.

Scott did mention to me the Cog mooning event among other subjects. The buried power lines from Marshfield station (the Cog base) are almost complete which means that the summit will be on the power grid for the first time but will still retain emergency back-up generators. One interesting side benefit of burying the cable along the tracks is that there now is a maintenance road beside the tracks at least part way up from the bottom and down from the top.

In past years I have joined the NH AMC chapter for a summit clean-up weekend where a lot of the 'junk' we gathered was a huge pile of old timbers from the Cog tracks. Instead of just idly complaining on line or condoning mooning like some, there have been people who have been taking positive steps to try to ameliorate the situation. Now it looks like the Cog has shown an interest in using this maintenance road to finally clean up the trash beside the tracks. This is a step in the right direction if it actually happens.