composed by:
YellowJacket [tlbj6142] :D
----------------------------------------

How's that for a wrap? :jump

[yes, we [IV and Yellowjacket] know this should be spelled rap]

:bse

tlbj6142
12-05-2003, 22:56
What the hell?!?! That was suppose to be a private rap for your Xmas gift. Maybe I won't wrap your brasslite after all!

Just so folks know, IV and I are brothers (seprated by 13 years). We both drew each other's name in our family gift exchange. I proposed to IV that we both buy Brasslites for each other (they are currently "on sale" for $25 + $5 shipping). He agreed.

I'm not one to get into the Xmas spirit. In fact, I find the whole concept of gift giving quite selfish (the giver always "expects" something: a "reaction", a fricken thank you note, to make themselves feel good, just like buying crap, etc.). And gift wrapping down right stupid. So, I offered to just give him his stove when it arrived. He demanded that it is wrapped, so I whipped up the above rap in 60 seconds.

I'm guessing he didn't like the tune as he still won't the damn stove wrapped. Maybe I'll use duct tape. :D

MedicineMan
12-05-2003, 23:28
You might think I work for Aaron (Brasslite) the way I laud his stoves...you guys have selected wonderful gifts for each other and Aaron is a wonderful person to boot. I'm waiting for the Christmas rush is over to order his new featherweight model. We used the Turbo2D last month in the Smokys and loved it, this past week we used my old solo model for hot coccoa while slacking the Hotsprings area.

Two Speed
12-06-2003, 10:33
How is the simmer mode on the Turbo II? Anyone tried a meal that required extended simmering?

BTW, I am aware that cozy's allow "simmering." However, this probably would not work for dumplings or other dishes that require a very slow boil. Could wind up with half cooked dough balls, for instance.

tlbj6142
12-10-2003, 13:21
How is the simmer mode on the Turbo II? Anyone tried a meal that required extended simmering?Given that Brasslite now sells an oven kit called the TrailBaker (http://www.brasslite.com/trailBakerInstructions.html) which requires a well controlled flame for long periods of time, I'd have to assume the simmer ring (port control) does quite well.