PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Goats

Cabin Fever
11-18-2007, 00:20
I was fortunate enough to come upon several mountain goats a few weeks ago between Little Bald and Big Bald in NC. The billy was right in the middle. Several truckers coming through Sam's Gap have mentioned seeing them on the sides of the hills.

Cuffs
11-18-2007, 00:56
Mountain Goats? In NC? Sure it wasnt a herd of Kikos or Boers that got loose?

Sly
11-18-2007, 01:27
Yeah, real "mountain goats" are out west.

Tennessee Viking
11-18-2007, 01:30
Take my advice...don't turn your back to a goat. I was at a friends' of a friend house in Franklin, their goats would cuddle up to you if you were facing it. But once you turn you back, BAM...You get a headbutt in the butt.

FanaticFringer
11-18-2007, 02:58
Take my advice...don't turn your back to a goat. I was at a friends' of a friend house in Franklin, their goats would cuddle up to you if you were facing it. But once you turn you back, BAM...You get a headbutt in the butt.

That goat was just in heat.:D

Cuffs
11-18-2007, 10:20

One of my goats ever does that, it'll soon be lunch!

Cabin Fever
11-18-2007, 11:04
I don't know types and all that, but I was in the mountains and I saw wild goats...

Pacific Tortuga
11-18-2007, 11:44
What ever happened to the couple hiking with "sevice goats", this year ? Not sure what happened after their car was stolen in Damascus after T.D's.

They were trying to get permits to take them through SNF and Baxter and as a service animal they should have been alowed to.

Cuffs
11-18-2007, 11:47
Service Goat? Now thats a new one. Having owned goats, I cant see how they could have been trained, they arent the brightest farm animal. What specific use were they? Seeing eye? Seizure alert? Emotional support?

Pacific Tortuga
11-18-2007, 12:03
I think they were used in sevice to help carry gear for one of their owners.

There in lied the contravercy: does that not make them pack animals and not service? They carried a certificate stateing they were legit service animals. Many thought, then why can't I bring a llama with a cert. ?

The woman said, "I am disabled, if I have to show you ,you'd be embarresed". Told to Red Wolf when he pointed out she didn't look very physically challenged at Dave's Place in Damascus.

Cuffs
11-18-2007, 12:20
And I can download that same form and print it out from the 'net... PT, Not saying what you have said did not happen!

Looking into this, I found this article http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/14/fashion/sundaystyles/14PETS.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

It kind of outrages me that people would impose on a law that was meant to help those with "honest" disabilities. I cant stand it when I go into the post office or Lowes (or any other store) and someone has put their animal (dog) into a cart and pushes it around the store. Once, I was in the PO and this lady put the dog on the counter... it sat down... I refused to go to that window until the personnel washed that dogs a$$ from the ledge. Dont get me wrong, I love animals (I have 5 fur-kids).

If the woman above has asked it I wanted to see her disability even if it would have been embarassing... I have told her to lay it on the line, I need the proof for such an odd request.

Sorry for the Hijack, this topic got me heated up!

Cuffs
11-18-2007, 12:29
http://www.petjoyonline.com/Customized_Service_Dog_ID_Badge_set_of_2_p/svd-0004.htm

http://activedogs.com/default.asp?SID=xS4EX2HKDH36TR632NX3JH&S=503&A=E&PKV=707549|0 (http://activedogs.com/default.asp?SID=xS4EX2HKDH36TR632NX3JH&S=503&A=E&PKV=707549%7C0)

for a few bucks, I could outfit my therapy goose and take it with me!

Pacific Tortuga
11-18-2007, 12:30
Cuffs go to search here for 'service goats'. Go to the Tacoma stolen thread, that may help.