PDA

View Full Version : An AT Blanket?

Megabite
12-04-2003, 16:26
so ive got this idea, and a small company to back it, but i need to know if there is any interest: id like to create a custom AT blanket to be sold to support the ATConference, and any AT clubs that would like to get involved.

so... what do people think - would it work? would you pay $30-40 for a very high-quality, fleece like (but not fleece) blanket, with an AT logo on there? artwork can be woven into the blanket, we're not talking about something stitched into the corder...

email me if you think you're club would be interested... i think it could work, but i need some numbers, and some people to stand up and say, "yes, id like to help out, and a blanket would be nice!"

--andrew
[email protected]
(web site's not functional - disc crash a few days ago... yes, i forgot to backup)

A-Train
12-04-2003, 16:29
I don't know whether or not you were the one who brought this up on trailjournals forum a couple weeks ago. You should check with Cindy aka Mrs. Gorp about this. She recently sewed a quilt where the procedes went to ALDHA. Beautiful quilt and a good cause. Might wanna chat with her about your idea. PM me if you need her email. Shes usually lurking on the net, might be hiking.

alpine
12-05-2003, 09:16
with drawn

Megabite
12-05-2003, 14:21
so... a lot of people have looked at this thread, but no replies... so io guess its not going to happen

--andrew

manzana
12-05-2003, 16:31
I would buy one also.

attroll
12-06-2003, 01:42
If it is not fleece then what would it be made of?

How about the WhiteBlaze logo on it in the corner or something like that. Just kidding.

Footslogger
12-06-2003, 20:03
Sounds interesting ...but I have to find a job first. No luck yet since finishing my hike in October. One question though ...why NOT fleece ??

Megabite
12-08-2003, 00:21
this fabric is woven for each blanket, so the artwork can be woven into it, instead of stitched on later, like you would find in fleece blankets...

--andrew