PDA

View Full Version : maccat heaven

mozzie
11-24-2007, 02:10
just ordered my maccat.very stoked.now what to do with the old hh sil.?what should i make any suggestions .i plan to hang my entire pack.what about a compleat cover.

take-a-knee
11-24-2007, 16:59
just ordered my maccat.very stoked.now what to do with the old hh sil.?what should i make any suggestions .i plan to hang my entire pack.what about a compleat cover.

There is a plan on the net to make an undercover from the stock hammock, probably not a good idea unless you use pads only and not a quilt. You could always make stuffsacks, a blackbishop sack, and or a gear hammock/pack cover from it.

Cuffs
11-24-2007, 17:14
FWIW, Id wait until youve tried out the Maccat several times before you go to cutting on the HH. Just make sure its going to work for YOU.

take-a-knee
11-24-2007, 18:16
FWIW, Id wait until youve tried out the Maccat several times before you go to cutting on the HH. Just make sure its going to work for YOU.

That is like saying, "You'd better hang on to that AMC Gremlin awhile longer before you start driving that new honda".

There is no downside to a Macat tarp, save a few ounces of weight. Tom Henessy is no fool, he makes a superb product but his tarp is marginal and he knows it. For him to offer a Macat style tarp would be a price point killer, also the weight would scare off the gram weinies. This is why Tom will sell you a hammock sans tarp.

cgul1
11-25-2007, 00:08
I just ordered a MacCat also.
I think there will be times where I pull the Gremlin out of the garage for a spin.
BTW and I hope this is not changing focus, do those of you that use one hang it separate, snake skin it with the HH?

Cuffs
11-25-2007, 00:12
Im too new to hammocking cgul1, but go to hammockforums.net (our sister site) for all the hamocking news you ever needed to know and then some!

cgul1
11-25-2007, 00:15
OK,
thanks

Deadeye
11-25-2007, 00:27
I think there will be times where I pull the Gremlin out of the garage for a spin.
BTW and I hope this is not changing focus, do those of you that use one hang it separate, snake skin it with the HH?

I pack the tarp outside the snake skin, so it's available.

FanaticFringer
11-25-2007, 02:27
OK,
thanks

Also check this site out www.tothewoods.net/HammockCamping.html

FanaticFringer
11-25-2007, 02:36

I have a BlackCat tarp that is similar to the MacCat www.jhatkhat.com/Khat/camping/bcdir/
Most hang these tarps seperate from the hammock. Tied directly to the tree. These are really neat gizmos for tying to the tree knot free. Pretty popular over at hammockforums www.rei.com/product/756442 The small size is all you need. I use a seperate snakeskin for the tarp.