PDA

View Full Version : Washington from my window

Kirby
11-24-2007, 14:13
As I was looking out my window earlier today, I realized I could see Mount Washington quite clearly, it is quite nice. Washington has a distinct form from a distance, and I am amazed how clearly I can see it, keeps me motivated. For those of you who be venturing to be Portland, Maine, and happen to be here on a really clear day, stop at the West end and look, you will be amazed at how clearly it looks.

94 days till I leave,
Kirby

PS: I would post a picture, but my camera is dead and I lost my camera cord in the 100 mile wilderness this summer.

spunky
11-24-2007, 14:42
I just checked out the webcam on Mt Washington. The snow on the presidentials is absolutely beautiful!!!

I wish I could see it from my window. Heck, I wish I could see any mountain from my window.

Spunky

Bare Bear
11-24-2007, 19:24
Every time I close my eyes I can see K, and Avery, and even Albert!
I also see Ms Janet, Miss Tillie RIP, Baltimore Jack, Ron, and Crutch, and twenty other Trail Angels that helped me on my way; and about 130 people I met on the Trail. It is the memories that make us what we are, the AT Family. I wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season.

wrongway_08
11-24-2007, 19:31
Mt. Washington is great! Hiked it this year and was worth the 10 plus hour drive!!

LIhikers
11-26-2007, 15:37
I wish I could see any mountain from my window.

Spunky

Me too. The highest point on Long Island is a whopping 410 feet above sea level.

Thoughtful Owl
11-26-2007, 16:45
I I wish I could see any mountain from my window.

Spunky
count me as me 3. My office doesn't even have a window. I do have some blown up pics taken from various locations on the AT on the wall.