PDA

View Full Version : -20 bags that zip together?

mindi
11-25-2007, 00:59
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good -20 bag that will zip together with another one for two people. Do most bags of the same brand zip together if you have opposite-side zippers or do you need to order specific bags for it to work?
Sugargrits

Dirtygaiters
11-25-2007, 02:02
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good -20 bag that will zip together with another one for two people. Do most bags of the same brand zip together if you have opposite-side zippers or do you need to order specific bags for it to work?
Sugargrits

most bags of the same brand with separating zipers do zip together. as to whether the hoods would be oriented correctly even if you have opposite side zippers, i'm not sure

tritonl
11-25-2007, 14:02
Lafuma sleeping bags do, you can order them with a left or right zippers. having one of each will let you zipp them together.

Sly
11-25-2007, 14:08
As long as they have the same size zippers, just about any brands will zip together with left and right zips. Two -20* bags is going to be EXPENSIVE!

mindi
11-25-2007, 21:43
Yeah, I noticed that! I wonder if a 15 degree would work? We piled our 40 and 20 bags on top of each other and used them as a quilt when it got really cold this year and it was fine, but I just want to make sure I don't freeze my a** off in the winter. He already has a -20 so maybe I can find a warmer bag that will still zip to that? Anyway, I still have over a year to save up before we head SOBO.

Alligator
11-25-2007, 23:55
The bags don't work as well when they are zipped together. Heat is lost much easier through the head opening.