PDA

View Full Version : Grub/Hotel after Springer

Lead Dog
11-27-2007, 16:16
Where is a close cheap place to spend the night after finishing at Springer/Amicalola Falls? Looking for shower, food, bed. Yes in that order LOL.

Frosty
11-27-2007, 16:18
Where is a close cheap place to spend the night after finishing at Springer/Amicalola Falls? Looking for shower, food, bed. Yes in that order LOL.www.hikerhostel.com

Lone Wolf
11-27-2007, 16:23
Where is a close cheap place to spend the night after finishing at Springer/Amicalola Falls? Looking for shower, food, bed. Yes in that order LOL.

The Amicalola Lodge right at the park is good. They serve buffet meals. In Dahlonega there are a few chain motels and The Smith House is the place to eat. AYCE roast beef, fried chicken, ham and all the fixins'. similar to the Homeplace restaurant in Catawba

www.amicalolafalls.com
www.smithhouse.com/about/dining/dining.html

Buckles
12-04-2007, 14:18
The Hiker Hostel is the spot. IMO, the only spot. I've stayed there many times (when I lived in Atlanta) and when I started my big hike this spring. Josh and Lea run a great place!

whitefoot_hp
12-04-2007, 14:58
the hiker hostel is about thirty miles away from amicalola, if not more. its much closer to woody gap than springer. not bad though. there are closer things in dawsonville but probably cost more than the hiker hostel. the smith house is excellent, cost is about 15-20 bucks a head, maybe a little less.

jesse
12-04-2007, 15:12
if you are going the other way toward Elajay, there is an excellant BBQ place called Col. Poogh, I think. Ate there for the first time a few weeks ago. Great food!!

max patch
12-04-2007, 16:01
We've eaten at Col Pooles for years as we drive right by it to get to Springer via USFS 42. If we are going to eat out after a hike that is usually the place. The kids usually lobby for the Pink Pig (which is out of the way) as they have superior onion rings. And a few times a year we'll head home via Dahlonega (but not on a Fri or Sat night) and eat at the Smith House. Great food; but none of us get our moneys worth at $15 or so apiece. Now after a thru it might be a different story.....