PDA

View Full Version : crossword puzzle tarp?

1azarus
11-29-2007, 10:30
A NYT crossword puzzle had WAPITI as the answer to a clue about a week ago... and I remembered Mudhead made a reference to the puzzle not too long ago -- which got me thinking about crosswords and hikers. A search, until I got bored, had Mudhead, L. Wolf, me, mowgli and Spork all mentioning crosswords. So, at the risk of having this post moved to Humor thread-dom, how cool would an ultralight crossword puzzle tarp be? maybe just take one of those crossword shower curtains. no more lugging books... the ultimate multi-use! are there lots of puzzlers out there?

MOWGLI
11-29-2007, 10:52
A NYT crossword puzzle had WAPITI as the answer to a clue about a week ago... and I remembered Mudhead made a reference to the puzzle not too long ago -- which got me thinking about crosswords and hikers. A search, until I got bored, had Mudhead, L. Wolf, me, mowgli and Spork all mentioning crosswords. So, at the risk of having this post moved to Humor thread-dom, how cool would an ultralight crossword puzzle tarp be? maybe just take one of those crossword shower curtains. no more lugging books... the ultimate multi-use! are there lots of puzzlers out there?

I'm puzzled by your questions. ;)

It might work as long as you used a watercolor based marker. That way, every time it rains, the slate would be wiped clean.

8 across. Four letters. Clue: Heard muttered on the 5th consecutive day of rain. Begins with F. :rolleyes:

Cuffs
11-29-2007, 11:07
Heres a big one...

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=101813347

max patch
11-29-2007, 11:09
I wonder if the majority of hikers today bring crosswords or if they have switched to soduku?

Or have mp3 players have pretty much taken over?

I still bring old fashioned paperbacks.

The new Amazon e-reader which udates books/magazines/newpapers wirelessly w/o a computer may be the next big thing for ld hikers.

Cuffs
11-29-2007, 11:11
I do both crosswords and sudokus... read fiction, listen to books on cd when traveling by car, and download books to mp3 from the library.

1azarus
11-29-2007, 11:13
I wonder if the majority of hikers today bring crosswords or if they have switched to soduku?

Or have mp3 players have pretty much taken over?

I still bring old fashioned paperbacks.

The new Amazon e-reader which udates books/magazines/newpapers wirelessly w/o a computer may be the next big thing for ld hikers.

... soduku... ahhh, no.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-29-2007, 11:20
::: Dino head seen exploding as she tries to figure out where this thread belongs :D :::

Cuffs
11-29-2007, 11:28
it was suggested as a tarp... Gear?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-29-2007, 11:39
The thread has everything - humor, gear, DIY gear tips, commentary on entertainment while hiking.... That does it, I'm renaming this thread A Walk in the Woods :D

Cuffs
11-29-2007, 11:47
tough call Dino...