PDA

View Full Version : Inov-8 shoes

Grandma
11-29-2007, 13:26
Just bought a new pair of Inov-8 terroc 330s. I liked the breathability and the support these shoes gave me. Just wanting to get the thoughts of anyone that purchased a pair of Inov-8 shoes.

max patch
11-29-2007, 13:34
I'm pretty sure that these are the shoes Squeaky was going to use on his aborted supported speed hike. He used them while training and claimed they hurt his feet and was the reason he cancelled his attempt. At least thats what I remember.

I'm sure someone with a better memory or has time to do a search will shortly confirm or deny what I've written here.

humunuku
11-29-2007, 18:49
that dude that did the super fast PCT yo-yo last year was wearing them...did he get hooked up with them, or just like them, i don't know, but it sure is a far way to walk, so i'd guess he likes them.

slow
11-29-2007, 20:05
Just bought a new pair of Inov-8 terroc 330s. I liked the breathability and the support these shoes gave me. Just wanting to get the thoughts of anyone that purchased a pair of Inov-8 shoes.

Have and love my 310.
Great grip,light,breathability, and good support for 25# loads.

A-Train
11-29-2007, 20:27
that dude that did the super fast PCT yo-yo last year was wearing them...did he get hooked up with them, or just like them, i don't know, but it sure is a far way to walk, so i'd guess he likes them.

Yes, Scott Williamson wore them this year. Seemed to really like them. He rips the tounges out of his shoes for extra breathability and width. Few others used these shoes and I heard nothing but good things

Dakota Dan
11-29-2007, 20:34

No GTX I assume?

Grandma
11-30-2007, 09:27
No GTX I assume?
No, my feet sweat like crazy, and I have not had much success with GTX shoes in the past.

Old Grouse
11-30-2007, 10:23
I have these shoes and love them. Recently, however, I developed a pain in the ball of my left foot, radiating into one of my toes. The podiatrist diagnosed it as Mortons Neuroma and recommended a stiffer shoe. His idea is that the Inov-8's relative lack of tortional rigidity (its ability to twist (as opposed to the shoe's toe bending)) was the cause of my problem. I had Superfeet in them, by the way.

Naturally I took the opportunity to buy new shoes (sorry, Honey - doctor's orders!) and switched out of the Inov-8s. The problem has lessened, and I hope it will disappear during the slower winter months. I intend to try the Innov-8s again, as I really do like them. As of now I can't be 100% certain it's the shoes, notwithstanding the podiatrist's guess.

OG