PDA

View Full Version : Event of Choice

Former Admin
10-01-2002, 15:57
Which of the following events is more important to you?
You can only chose one and this is not a both question.

1) Trail Days
2) A.L.D.H.A. Gathering

Hammock Hanger
10-01-2002, 18:06
We should try to meet as a group face to face. A women's hiker group I am part of did this last year. Hammock Hanger

Peaks
10-02-2002, 07:54
The two events are totally different. I could reveal what makes each special, but probably shouldn't spoil it for sake of the poll.

Anyway, strongly suggest that you don't vote one way or the other unless you have been to both.

Hammock Hanger
10-25-2002, 09:43
I learned more at the ALDHA Gathering -- I had more socializing & fun at the Trail Days Event. They really are two different beast so to speak.

Hammock Hanger

Jack Tarlin
10-25-2002, 12:58
H.Hanger is 100% right, we're talking apples and oranges here, so forcing folks to choose only one is kinda unfair. It depends entirely on what kinda weekend you are primarily looking for.

Jaybird
02-25-2004, 11:54
i guess i have to vote for "Trail Days"...as it is a hiker-fest in the (almost) middle of the A.T....where as the Gathering seems to be a coming together of the current years "thru-hikers".

since i'm a section hiker...i'm much more likely to attend TRAIL DAYS...& plan to this year (2004). :p

see ya'll UP the trail!

Moxie00
01-31-2006, 12:02
Due to my critical position in the field of education (I drive a school bus)I can't make Trail Days as it falls during the school year. ALDA is on a long weekend and is closer to home every other year. At either event or even at a hiker feed it is great to see old friends.