PDA

View Full Version : SNP water update!

DAKS
12-02-2007, 20:09
i had the opportunity to hike SNP over the past two weekends. here are my water source observations. sorry i don't have the exact miles etc. listed. i will list them south to north:

spring near Jarman Gap and Bucks Elbow fire rd.- ground was moist and i witnessed a few drops. further down the ravine there were a few decent pools one could filter out of.

spring at Blackrock Hut- intermittent dripping but better than Jarman Gap! of note, the hut was a mess. a frying pan, spoon, tarp, water bottle and a newspaper were left behind. i couldn't pack it out since i only had a small camelback. sorry!

spring at High Top Hut- i didn't actually make it there, but was told by some section hikers that the water was running "great" outta' the pipe!!

spring at Bearfence Hut- a two or three inch puddle. pretty muddy but at least it's wet!!! hut looked good!

spring at Rock Spring Hut- running very steady! looked good! the hut was in great shape minus the loose sheet metal on the roof. kinda' noisy in the wind.

that's what i got. anyone else have any water news to report?! i will add that it started to rain today as i was leaving the park.