PDA

View Full Version : Nimbus Ozone question

trlhiker
12-03-2007, 19:14
I just got a Nimbus Ozone for a steal on Ebay and had planned to exchange the ultralight belt for the light belt for when my wife goes with me, have to carry more weight then. My understanding of the hipbelt is that the ultalight belt is all fabric while the light belt has a plastic sheet that goes on the outside of the belt and you wear the plastic against your hips. Now the belt that I got with the pack has the plastic piece already on it. So my question is, did I get the light belt with the pack instead of the ultralight belt? Thanks.

whitefoot_hp
12-03-2007, 19:26
i bought mine through a secondary internet retailer. i was under the impression that everything was 'standard,' and there is no plastic on the outside of my hipbelt, tho it does have something internal providing it with structure. not exactly the answer to your question, but maybe it helps.

trlhiker
12-03-2007, 19:54
I should have said on the inside of the belt against your hips although not internal if that makes sense.

Passionphish
12-04-2007, 21:34
I hadn't thought of that! I'll look into it! My pack arrived today. So I'll let you know!

Appalachian Tater
12-04-2007, 21:54
How much weight do you plan to carry? You can carry 40 pounds, or maybe a couple more, with the belt the pack comes with and if you use the load lifters and adjust the pack correctly, keep all the weight on your hips and off your shoulders. If you are carring more than 45 pounds you need a different pack, not a different belt.

trlhiker
12-05-2007, 20:47
I will normally carry about 25lbs but when my wife goes then I have to carry a heavier tent, more food, and some extras that I promised her I would carry when she is able to hike again. Weight will probably jump up to 35 to 40lbs then.

Appalachian Tater
12-05-2007, 21:51
I will normally carry about 25lbs but when my wife goes then I have to carry a heavier tent, more food, and some extras that I promised her I would carry when she is able to hike again. Weight will probably jump up to 35 to 40lbs then.

Honestly, I carried over 45 pounds in that pack at times though I don't like to admit it and it's okay, although 30 feels a lot better. If you're not over 40 pounds and some of that is food which you will be eating, you'll be fine.

You might call and talk to them and ask if the other belt fits and if it even makes a difference.

The only thing I would warn you about is if you overstuff it, the seams will split. Also if you use the pocket on top it is difficult to put on correctly so that the stress is through the straps and not the pocket itself since they give no instructions.