PDA

View Full Version : great balls o fire (Dr. Bonner Peppermitnt)

mozzie
12-04-2007, 00:57
DR. BONNERS peppermint soap.seen it for years.got some to try make sure it will agree with me on the trail.brushed my teeth with it .mmmm interesting.gargled with it.refreshing.washed my hair works great.BODY WASH.everything was fine till i got to the gibets crack.hot dame it is quite pepppermintyyyyy.and it kind of lingers .some may enjoy it.it was a rude awakinningg.what was i thinking? things to do.dont wander through life in a fog it might catch up to you

turtle fast
12-04-2007, 01:05
Had the same experience with Dr Bonners peppermint soap, a shocking revalation when I first showered with it...and it does linger!!! Though when it comes to washing your hair ...it doesn't quite do the job for me. It is quite versitile and does dishes well.

warraghiyagey
12-04-2007, 01:13
Reminds me of applying Icy Hot to my lower back after a workout while I'm still sweating. Fluid dynamics, gravity and the laws of thermodynamics colliding in that direction can leave a lasting memory. Ouch.

gaga
12-04-2007, 01:35
if you have a empty foaming soap bottle, put 20% in the bottle and ad water,shake and pump,whitest foam you`l ever see and lasts "forever"

mozzie
12-04-2007, 01:42
i have been in the woods tooo long,whats a foaming soap bottle?rabies?

gaga
12-04-2007, 01:47
google--> katadyn klean foaming hand sanitizer

Tipi Walter
12-04-2007, 08:00
Been using Bronners in one form or another(peppermint, euctapytus, almond, lavender)for years as my backpacking soap, but for long term use on the hair it's a bit too strong. As for the burning nethers, there's some tingling but nothing I was bothered by.

My backpacking buddy Johhny B started taking out a green bar soap, some kind of Ayruvedic soap which smelled great so it became part of our standard load. Presently I'm using Camp Suds, both green and mint, and it works better than Bronners in cold water as it seems to rinse off quicker.

Newb
12-04-2007, 08:23
I don't use soap. I oil myself like a Spartan.

Tipi Walter
12-04-2007, 08:40
I don't use soap. I oil myself like a Spartan.

Uh, ancient Greek culture freely accepted . . . uh . . . oiled Spartans . . . uh . . . where man-on-man . . . "contact" . . . was not uncommon.

I think I'll stick with soap. Anyway, don't wanna soil my new merino wool baselayers.:)

maxNcathy
12-04-2007, 08:51
Tipi Walters,
What new merino wool base layers did you get? How do you like them?
Santa may get me some.
Sandalwood

Tipi Walter
12-04-2007, 09:01
Tipi Walters,
What new merino wool base layers did you get? How do you like them?
Santa may get me some.
Sandalwood

About 2 years ago I replaced my usual capilene bottoms with Smartwool merino bottoms. Love 'em.

For the last 8 years I've been using thermax/duofold polypro tops from Campmor but decided to upgrade with merino. I researched Ibex and Icebreaker, heard great things about Icebreaker so I got two tops(a medium and a large so they'd sandwich together), along with a pair of bottoms to replace my worn Smartwools.

The Icebreaker's are very expensive(Patagonia's stuff ain't cheap, either), but I wore them last night outside in my 'yard camp'(big tent)and I'm preparing for a long winter backpacking trip soon with the Icebreaker's being my new midlayer. I'd say you can't go wrong with Smartwool, Ibex or Icebreaker.

PS After the Icebreaker's been washed a few times, it develops a real nice softer surface, very soft and warm.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-04-2007, 09:10
Ladies, a word of caution -- keep Dr. Bonners Peppermint totally away from the 'lady place'. Great balls of fire is an dramatic understatement.
::: Dino slinks off to therapy to deal with the painful memories :::

Tipi Walter
12-04-2007, 09:24
Ladies, a word of caution -- keep Dr. Bonners Peppermint totally away from the 'lady place'. Great balls of fire is an dramatic understatement.
::: Dino slinks off to therapy to deal with the painful memories :::

This reminds me of an old backpacking buddy of mine named Big Don who thought he had some kind of nether region sac ants(crabs?), so he went to town and got a small can of Lysol. After liberally spraying down his man-package, he immediately jumped up and down, started screaming and ran off back to town to the POLICE STATION, thinking the cops could help. They all got a big laugh out of it and thought he was nuts. He actually WAS nuts, but that's another story . . .

Thoughtful Owl
12-04-2007, 09:27
Been using Bronners in one form or another(peppermint, euctapytus, almond, lavender)for years as my backpacking soap, but for long term use on the hair it's a bit too strong. As for the burning nethers, there's some tingling but nothing I was bothered by.

My backpacking buddy Johhny B started taking out a green bar soap, some kind of Ayruvedic soap which smelled great so it became part of our standard load. Presently I'm using Camp Suds, both green and mint, and it works better than Bronners in cold water as it seems to rinse off quicker.

The old addage, "if it feels good, just do it!"

Newb
12-04-2007, 18:22
This reminds me of an old backpacking buddy of mine named Big Don who thought he had some kind of nether region sac ants(crabs?), so he went to town and got a small can of Lysol. After liberally spraying down his man-package, he immediately jumped up and down, started screaming and ran off back to town to the POLICE STATION, thinking the cops could help. They all got a big laugh out of it and thought he was nuts. He actually WAS nuts, but that's another story . . .

hhehe. nuts. heheh.

Marta
12-04-2007, 19:18

My husband has a very bad experience taking someone's advice to kill an infestation of chiggers with gasoline. He would have been much better off leaving the chiggers alone.

He did carry on to father our three children, though. But not right away.:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-04-2007, 19:21

My husband has a very bad experience taking someone's advice to kill an infestation of chiggers with gasoline. He would have been much better off leaving the chiggers alone.

He did carry on to father our three children, though. But not right away.:D::: Dino seen laughing so hard she can't catch breath :::

Nightwalker
12-05-2007, 02:07

I think I just woke my wife up laughing!

warraghiyagey
12-05-2007, 02:12
. . . Presently I'm using Camp Suds, both green and mint, and it works better than Bronners in cold water as it seems to rinse off quicker.

The old addage, "if it feels good, just do it!"
It's my soap and my agony, I'll rinse it as fast as I want.

headchange4u
12-05-2007, 12:26
I like how Dr. Bonners tingles my naughty bits. :)