PDA

View Full Version : March 1st! I'm still in!

chiefdaddy
12-04-2007, 19:35
Things have changed sooo much. I have no internet at home and can only get on every few days or so now and have been slacking online...on the other hand I have been planning like a mad man at home. I will bring Chief my Boston Terrier until we get to the smokies then he will get a ride back home and sit out the rest of the hike. This will save money and make the hike more easy for me in the long run.

I started stressing out about running out of money and came up with a plan. I'll of course work and save as much as possible my back up plan is a list of mail drops in the hands of everyone that is willing to send me a food drop if needed :D free food never hurts. I have also stumbled into a cool deal where my home town martial arts school is "sending" me on the hike... the local news paper is going to meet with me next week and if all goes well I will be getting donations from two or three other businesses in town just for a mention in the article. I never dreamed this would happen.

Oh yeah I got the same ol negative responce from part of my family. Dad said "why? You don't even get anything for it.." Grandma ignores it all and figures that will make it go away....

The time is VERY NEAR!!! March 1st!!!!!

SGT Rock
12-04-2007, 19:48
Good luck with all that man. Look forward to seeing you out there.

Chaco Taco
12-04-2007, 19:57
Sounds like you have it all planned. Good luck to you. Hope to see ya out there

Kirby
12-04-2007, 20:12
See you on the top of Springer on the 1st.

Kirby

Auntie Mame
12-04-2007, 21:49
ChiefDaddy, That is really good news, and I surely can relate having just gotten the green light myself. Please accept our encouragement: trail life is good for people, it supports the best of what is human. Hope to see you and the big boy out there this spring. Mame:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Appalachian Tater
12-04-2007, 22:08
Please post plenty of pictures of Chief here or on trail journals!

Smile
12-05-2007, 00:39
You go CD! & have a great hike :)

Mad Hatter 08
12-07-2007, 23:03
i hope i'll be there too! the current plan is to keep planning like i am going and if my grandma does not need surgery then i have a green light. she is about half way through chemo and radiation and so far not too many problems. I pray it stays that way and that this course of treatment is all she needs

hiker_sue
12-09-2007, 18:53
Hi Chiefdaddy

I remember meeting you and Chief in North Carolina, 2007 at the shelter just past Big Albert Mountain. Anyhoo I just wanted wish you and Chief all the best on your 2008 thru hike. Hope you both have a great trip.

Team Canada

chiefdaddy
01-15-2008, 19:18
Hey I remember you, small world huh. Time is short now and I am itchin to get back on the trail march 1st :D
Chief Will be going home at the smokies and I will continue alone. It will be better for him and me that way, I even have a ride for him plus back up.