PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardwear Banshee SL 0° ??

mts4602
12-04-2007, 23:05
Does anyone know anything about this bag? I just bought a 15 degree bag but I might be able to get this one for pretty cheep.

Are mountain hardwear's ratings pretty accurate?

saimyoji
12-04-2007, 23:08
I have not found it to be hit and miss. I tried a Piute for a while, didn't think the rating was true. I have a PG3D version of the x-country, rated at 45* and have been there confortably.

take-a-knee
12-04-2007, 23:48
Does anyone know anything about this bag? I just bought a 15 degree bag but I might be able to get this one for pretty cheep.

Are mountain hardwear's ratings pretty accurate?

Never even seen one but, if it has a full 7 inches of loft, it'll be a 0 degree bag for most folks.

saimyoji
12-05-2007, 00:31
I have not found it to be hit and miss. I tried a Piute for a while, didn't think the rating was true. I have a PG3D version of the x-country, rated at 45* and have been there confortably.

Make that I have found it to be hit and miss. Sorry.

Just a Hiker
12-05-2007, 00:32
I am starting to think every bag is different, just like people. I have the Mountain Hardware Piute which is rated at 20 degrees, and I have liked it's performance; however, Saimyoji wasn't crazy about the performance of the Piute. If it's cheap, then buy it and give it a try. If you don't like it, someone will buy it I am sure.

mts4602
12-05-2007, 14:39
with the amount of money it retails for I'd hope it was accurate, haha. If I can get it for under a certain amount I prob will and see how it goes.