PDA

View Full Version : Allen Gap to Hurricane Gap

HikerMan36
12-05-2007, 13:40
Has anyone hiked this section of the trail before? Any info. would be appreciated. Forest Service told me that the AT crosses Hurricane Gap Road which leads down to Paint Creek Camp Ground but the person I talked to on the telephone wasn't to sure about the distance from where it crosses the road down to the campground, anyone familiar?

Nean
12-05-2007, 16:28
Has anyone hiked this section of the trail before? Any info. would be appreciated. Forest Service told me that the AT crosses Hurricane Gap Road which leads down to Paint Creek Camp Ground but the person I talked to on the telephone wasn't to sure about the distance from where it crosses the road down to the campground, anyone familiar?

I seem to remember around 10m

Jim Obermeyer
12-06-2007, 08:13
I think there's a sign at the campground that say's 7 miles to Hurricane Gap.

Tennessee Viking
12-06-2007, 15:00
There is a mileage sign at Paint Creek. Can't remember the mileage.
But it is really not that hard to find. There will be a forest gate on the road indicating the state line, changing from Cherokee to Pisgah. The AT is just beyond that.

bshow
12-29-2007, 23:26
Note that the road also goes south and meets 25/70 in 4 miles, near Tanyard gap (above Hot Springs). It's about t. The road is pretty good in both directions, but it's less steep going south.