Lon Bellamy
12-05-2007, 19:04
Thank you for your participation.

SGT Rock
12-05-2007, 19:05
Was this supposed to be a poll?

warraghiyagey
12-05-2007, 19:07
Do I have to waqit for the questions to be posed before I answer them?
OK, my answer is she is someone I'm very much looking forward to meeting.:)

Ron Haven
12-05-2007, 19:08
Was this supposed to be a poll?Miss Janet is a great trail servent who is well known and will be supported by many.

SGT Rock
12-05-2007, 19:13
Now it shows up. Yep - used her service many times.

dixicritter
12-05-2007, 19:16
I personally haven't been shuttled by Miss Janet yet, but would trust her to shuttle me anytime! She comes HIGHLY recommended! ;)

warraghiyagey
12-05-2007, 19:16
There's no option for I haven't used it yet but I would use it.
My answer is I would use it, repeatedly if I'm fortunate enough to be on that part of the trail more than once.

Pockets
12-05-2007, 20:45
My answer is I would use it, repeatedly if I'm fortunate enough to be on that part of the trail more than once.

Ditto!!!

Appalachian Tater
12-05-2007, 22:16
I didn't get to stay at Miss Janet's because it was peak thru-hiker season and she was full but wish that she had been able to accomodate everyone and hope that she will be able to do so in the future. It was my pleasure to meet her and shake her hand.

Roots
12-05-2007, 23:10
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Miss Janet, but hope to in the near future. I can tell you from everything that I have heard about her-ALL GOOD:) - I can't wait to meet her and would be glad to use her services any time I am hiking through.

Gaiter
12-06-2007, 07:25
i wouldn't have a trail name w/o a shuttle from ms. janet

The Old Fhart
12-06-2007, 07:59
I once shuttled Miss Janet. (I gave her a ride from the campground to the P.O. and back at one of the Gatherings in Hanover.) Should that be on the list?;)

Gray Blazer
12-06-2007, 08:03
I once shuttled Miss Janet. (I gave her a ride from the campground to the P.O. and back at one of the Gatherings in Hanover.) Should that be on the list?;)
It's not all about you. ;) It's about Miss Janet. :sun

The Old Fhart
12-06-2007, 08:13
Gray Blazer-"It's not all about you.;) It's about Miss Janet.:sun While we both know what I said was meant in good humor, the point is, if Miss Janet is always willing to help others shouldn't others be willing to help Miss Janet?:-?

Gray Blazer
12-06-2007, 08:59
While we both know what I said was meant in good humor, the point is, if Miss Janet is always willing to help others shouldn't others be willing to help Miss Janet?:-?
Why not? Quit arguing!:D

NLena
12-06-2007, 10:36
I used Miss Janet's shuttles several times this year in Erwin. Great system. She and Tim are the only person who shuttled me who truly understood hikers - that if it was cold and raining, we needed to be picked up immediately so we didn't freeze. She realized that times are just an estimate and she often knew how long it would take better than I did.

OregonHiker
12-06-2007, 11:03
She and Tim are the only person who shuttled me who truly understood hikers - that if it was cold and raining, we needed to be picked up immediately so we didn't freeze.

Shouldn't you know how to keep yourself warm and dry if it starts to be cold and raining?

Miss Janet
12-06-2007, 13:44
Shouldn't you know how to keep yourself warm and dry if it starts to be cold and raining?

I may not be a REAL hiker...
But I did stay a few hundred night at a Hoilday Inn Express!! I have learned a little from all of you that I have shuttled over the past 15 years!!

In a lot of ways, dayhiking where you will be getting picked up at the end of the day as opposed to setting up camp... can be tricky and very uncomfortable if it is pouring freezing rain and you have to wait on that ride. Even if you have good rain gear you are going to cool down really fast... and besides... I HATE being cold myself!

Cuffs
12-06-2007, 13:51
I have not used Miss J's shuttling, but as a hiker who at times cant get together with other hikers to shuttle their own cars around, this is a great service to have available. And after having met Miss J at last years Ruck, I would be anxious to see her again and partake of the hiker services she offers! Way to go Miss Janet!!

Marta
12-06-2007, 13:59
Here I am getting a shuttle from Miss Janet in '06:

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=199043

Here's Miss Janet next to her daughter's car:

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=199044

OregonHiker
12-08-2007, 14:21
I may not be a REAL hiker...
But I did stay a few hundred night at a Hoilday Inn Express!! I have learned a little from all of you that I have shuttled over the past 15 years!!

In a lot of ways, dayhiking where you will be getting picked up at the end of the day as opposed to setting up camp... can be tricky and very uncomfortable if it is pouring freezing rain and you have to wait on that ride. Even if you have good rain gear you are going to cool down really fast... and besides... I HATE being cold myself!

I am a "Be prepared" kind of guy and almost never go day hiking without enough stuff to spend the night out. Doesn't take much gear.

Miss Janet
12-08-2007, 17:09
I am a "Be prepared" kind of guy and almost never go day hiking without enough stuff to spend the night out. Doesn't take much gear.

I tend to "Mom" everyone a bit and make sure hikers have the most essential things even when they are thruhikers slackpacking for the day. The problem is waiting at a trail head without a tent or shelter... you stop to wait and you are going to get cold and wet in foul weather.

OregonHiker
12-09-2007, 00:39
I tend to "Mom" everyone a bit and make sure hikers have the most essential things even when they are thruhikers slackpacking for the day. The problem is waiting at a trail head without a tent or shelter... you stop to wait and you are going to get cold and wet in foul weather.

My point is that no matter where you are on ANY trail you should have the necessary stuff to survive.

Heater
12-09-2007, 00:44

Same here.

SGT Rock
12-11-2007, 18:18
Poll closed by request