PDA

View Full Version : steep and cheap

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 13:07
what happened to the thread? what's with the heavy moderation and power trips? it's a gear company. learn to navigate the site.

mweinstone
12-09-2007, 13:08
meaningless matthewski post inserted here for no reason.

Ron Haven
12-09-2007, 13:11
what happened to the thread? what's with the heavy moderation and power trips? it's a gear company. learn to navigate the site.you know how it goes :D

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 13:13
you know how it goes :D

actually in this case i don't, ron. why does a link to a gear website have get get whacked AND deleted? there was nothing rancorous about it

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:15
They only have one item listed for a certain amount of time.

Guessing what happens is:
Someone comes along a few hours after the first post was made, clicks the link, in the interm the item has changed, so they whine like a bish to the mods, about why someone made a link to when S&C they are selling kids PFDs.

Easier to eliminate the reason for whining, than the whiners?

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 13:15
and the site does not appear to be controversial...unless I am missing something...

http://www.sportsguidemag.com/features-deal.asp

Skidsteer
12-09-2007, 13:20
actually in this case i don't, ron. why does a link to a gear website have get get whacked AND deleted? there was nothing rancorous about it

What happens is that someone posts the link to a deal on a sleeping bag(for instance)and 30 seconds later, before anyone has a chance to even click on it, the deal is rotated to Oakley sunglasses of chartruese "Life is Good" cotton T-shirts size xxx small.

This results in ***? PM's to the moderator(Cuffs in this case) or Rock or Attroll or Dixi from people wondering what it has to do with hiking. It annoys them.

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 13:21
Harsh response to a simple issue, no?

Skidsteer
12-09-2007, 13:22
Harsh response to a simple issue, no?

You don't have to deal with the PM's.

MOWGLI
12-09-2007, 13:23
What does complaining have to do with hiking? ;)

EWS
Tain't nothing wrong with the site; they are part of backcountry.com; buy with confidence. They have some of my money and I have some of their stuff.

Cuffs
Someone comes along a few hours after the first post was made, clicks the link, in the interm the item has changed, so they whine like a bish to the mods, about why someone made a link to when S&C they are selling kids PFDs.

Easier to eliminate the reason for whining, than the whiners?

Someones thinking this morning!

The deleted post was in reference to a specific item that was gone is less that 10 minutes after the post. Hence Deleted.

If you all want to talk about all the great stuff youve gotten from SAC, go ahead, Ive gotten some great stuff from them too, but links to the deal of the minute will be deleted.

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:24
Tell us.

Tin Man

The deleted post was in reference to a specific item that was gone is less that 10 minutes after the post. Hence Deleted.

If you all want to talk about all the great stuff youve gotten from SAC, go ahead, Ive gotten some great stuff from them too, but links to the deal of the minute will be deleted.

But why delete the whole thread, rather than explain how the site works? :confused:

Cuffs

I get complaints (PM's) about how people click the link that was posted but the item has changed. PRobably gone thru 3 or 4 different things... before someone else finds it...

Cuffs
12-09-2007, 13:25
But why delete the whole thread, rather than explain how the site works? :confused:

there are plenty of other good discussions about SAC already. join the party.

MOWGLI
12-09-2007, 13:26
I get complaints (PM's) about how people click the link that was posted but the item has changed. PRobably gone thru 3 or 4 different things... before someone else finds it...

Tell 'em to buy one of these;

http://hikinghq.net/hammock/_derived/jacks_quilt.html_cmp_forest-hiking1010_bnr.gif

Tin Man
there are plenty of other good discussions about SAC already. join the party.

Party? Cool! What can I bring?

Cuffs
My in box fills up the same day someone posts about a deal. the persons who did not get the deal complain. I try to explain... but its easier to remove the 5 minute sale link.

Cuffs
12-09-2007, 13:27
Party? Cool! What can I bring?

Jim, Johnnie, Jack, Jose and Mark! All my favorite men!

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:29
nvm...........

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 13:30
My in box fills up the same day someone posts about a deal. the persons who did not get the deal complain. I try to explain... but its easier to remove the 5 minute sale link.

Yikes. I didn't realize Internet shopping was that tough a concept to grasp. ;)

Chache
12-09-2007, 13:31
meaningless matthewski post inserted here for no reason.
Thanks for the laugh. I like your off beat humor

Cuffs
12-09-2007, 13:32
Its usually the new folks... "but what was it?" "how do I find it again?" "will there be more?" "How much was it?" "Can I call them?" it just goes on...

MOWGLI
As a parent, I realized long ago that the more that whiners are catered to, the more whining they will do. A little tuff love is sometimes a good thing. It stops the cycle of whining.

dixicritter
what happened to the thread? what's with the heavy moderation and power trips? it's a gear company. learn to navigate the site.

Don't ever ask for moderation again. All you've done for the last two days is complain, yet you've asked for our help before on threads. Enough already!

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:34
Yikes. I didn't realize Internet shopping was that tough a concept to grasp. ;)
This is a site about walking, walking is mindless. What do expect?:D

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:35
Don't ever ask for moderation again. All you've done for the last two days is complain, yet you've asked for our help before on threads. Enough already!sheeple. :D

Sly
12-09-2007, 13:36
And that's that! Kind of humorous seeing LW sniveling. :D

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 13:36
This is a site about walking, walking is mindless. What do expect?:D

Yeah, well people should not shop on the internet while they are walking. They could fall or walk into a tree.

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:39
Yeah, well people should not shop on the internet while they are walking. They could fall or walk into a tree.or into a river. How long is the extension cord that they have?

kayak karl
12-09-2007, 13:42
I PMed CUFFS that day and he explained problem (yes when i got there sun glasses). He said great site! How many other people have used this site? good service? good product?

EWS
12-09-2007, 13:44
CUFFS you just grew another appendage.

Cuffs
12-09-2007, 13:53
I noticed. And its not really one that I wanted. I like being a woman! But thanks for the offer!

kayak karl
12-09-2007, 14:00
I noticed. And its not really one that I wanted. I like being a woman! But thanks for the offer!

SO SO SORRY:confused: NOT that your a woman!!! you know!! I'll SHUT UP now

dixicritter
12-09-2007, 14:04
LOL... I needed that laugh... thanks!!!

Cuffs
12-09-2007, 14:24
That was funny!

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 14:24
Don't ever ask for moderation again. All you've done for the last two days is complain, yet you've asked for our help before on threads. Enough already!

i've never asked for moderation. show me where i complained for 2 days

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 14:33
And that's that! Kind of humorous seeing LW sniveling. :D

that's just dixi's perception

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-09-2007, 14:38
Not sure what the problem is - Steep & Cheap only sells a single item for a short time. Deleting threads alerting people to a deal that is no longer available doesn't seem to be out of line to me - it is similar to deleting thread in the sells area after the items sell. What is the problem here :confused:

Pacific Tortuga
12-09-2007, 14:38
i've never asked for moderation. show me where i complained for 2 days

L. Wolf for president, he takes a spankin' and keeps on yakin. :) thank to DC. :)

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 14:40
Not sure what the problem is - Steep & Cheap only sells a single item for a short time. Deleting threads alerting people to a deal that is no longer available doesn't seem to be out of line to me - it is similar to deleting thread in the sells area after the items sell. What is the problem here :confused:

I can see editing the post and explaining what steep and cheap is. I mean, wouldn't that serve to inform others and reduce recurrences?

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 14:42
I can see editing the post and explaining what steep and cheap is. I mean, wouldn't that serve to inform others and reduce recurrences?

that's all i asked but the moderator wouldn't explain it. the whole thread was whacked, i asked why? now i'm a sniveler :banana

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 14:44
that's all i asked but the moderator wouldn't explain it. the whole thread was whacked, i asked why? now i'm a sniveler :banana

Maybe the think button could also be used before the delete button? ;)

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 14:49
now that the whacked/deleted thread has been explained by the regular members, this one can be deleted too. start a new thread with a link to SAC and explain how it works. simple

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 14:51
Agreed. And when did the question "why?" become an attack?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-09-2007, 14:52

If you all want to talk about all the great stuff youve gotten from SAC, go ahead, Ive gotten some great stuff from them too, but links to the deal of the minute will be deleted.Cuffs is the moderator in the gear forum and removed the thread and explained it.

Lone Wolf
12-09-2007, 14:54
Cuffs is the moderator in the gear forum and removed the thread and explained it.

EWS did. it's move on time!:)

dixicritter
12-09-2007, 14:55
There's a sticky in the General Gear forum for Steap and Cheap deals now. This should solve the problem. I hope. :)

OregonHiker
12-09-2007, 14:59
There's a sticky in the General Gear forum for Steap and Cheap deals now. This should solve the problem. I hope. :)

STEEP and cheap :welcome

dixicritter
12-09-2007, 15:06
STEEP and cheap :welcome

yeah yeah, been a long day. I fixed it. LOL

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 15:07
There's a sticky in the General Gear forum for Steep and Cheap deals now. This should solve the problem. I hope. :)

Nice job. Solving simple subjects with simple solutions saves salivating over silly suppositions. :D

Sly
12-09-2007, 15:47
Wanker thread alert!

Go NO further.

Click below.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=468096&postcount=1

:D

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 15:50
now that the whacked/deleted thread has been explained by the regular members, this one can be deleted too. start a new thread with a link to SAC and explain how it works. simple

Wanker thread alert!

Go NO further.

Click below.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=468096&postcount=1

:D

Um Sly, you calling LW a wanker thread starter?

Sly
12-09-2007, 15:53
Um Sly, you calling LW a wanker thread starter?

I know, I should have left that up to you. Sorry.

SGT Rock
12-09-2007, 15:54
You all need to go hiking now damit.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-09-2007, 15:57
::: Dino thanks Rock for giving her good reason to drop housework and leave house :::

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 15:58
You all need to go hiking now damit.

That would be nice, but instead we are waiting for you to start yours so we can live at the edge of our screens waiting for your journal updates. :)

Tin Man
12-09-2007, 16:07
I know, I should have left that up to you. Sorry.

Sly, Glad to see you joined the wanker movement. :D

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30478

weary
12-09-2007, 18:07
I don't know about you folks, but when I see an ad for $50-$60 dress shirts on a hiking forum, I think SPAM!

Weary

mudhead
12-09-2007, 18:46
What happens is that someone posts the link to a deal on a sleeping bag(for instance)and 30 seconds later, before anyone has a chance to even click on it, the deal is rotated to Oakley sunglasses of chartruese "Life is Good" cotton T-shirts size xxx small.

This results in ***? PM's to the moderator(Cuffs in this case) or Rock or Attroll or Dixi from people wondering what it has to do with hiking. It annoys them.
Enough to PM?

I still can't image people getting worked up about it, but will take your word for it. Now the Chargers going into overtime, that yanked my chain. Who do I PM about that!

Just for the record, snowmobiles smell nasty.