PDA

View Full Version : bus station

mozzie
12-13-2007, 01:35
whats the closest bus at the end of the line nobo?what town want to book early.thanks

Pedaling Fool
12-13-2007, 01:48
I don't know how up-to-date this is, but probably still accurate.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=100621#post100621

rafe
12-13-2007, 08:47
whats the closest bus at the end of the line nobo?what town want to book early.thanks

Silly thing to worry about. I absolutely guarantee if you make it from Springer to Katahdin, getting back home will be no sweat.

Lone Wolf
12-13-2007, 08:56

Bangor, Me. has the closest interstate bus station. there's a local bus that runs from Medway to Bangor

Just a Hiker
12-13-2007, 09:22

As others have said, don't worry about that just yet. The Cyr bus from Medway to Bangor and the Greyhound leaving out of Bangor to points south are never full. You'll be able to get a seat with no problems.

Just Jim

mozzie
12-13-2007, 13:45
always have plan b in place.i will have that ticket bought and on me .it can be used anywhere along the way.and at a big discount way in advance.thanks for all the help.i need to get things like these out of the way.i may jump the gun early.i am beeeeeeing very impatient right know.i keep telling myself this winter needs to be nasty to make up for the summer drought.mother nature needs to kickin.70 days 69 days ./
mozzie

rafe
12-14-2007, 01:21
i keep telling myself this winter needs to be nasty to make up for the summer drought.mother nature needs to kickin.70 days 69 days .

If it's any comfort to you, we just got hit with about 10" of snow here in Beantown. :)

mudhead
12-14-2007, 07:20
And the best part: the real storm is coming this weekend.

dessertrat
12-14-2007, 14:24
As others have said, don't worry about that just yet. The Cyr bus from Medway to Bangor and the Greyhound leaving out of Bangor to points south are never full. You'll be able to get a seat with no problems.

Just Jim

You can say that again! In my younger days, I used to ride the bus out of Bangor southbound, and there would usually be three or four people on the entire bus. And honestly, if you can swing the ticket, I would strongly recommend flying out of Bangor rather than taking a bus, but then, after a long time on the trail, a little time on a bus might be good for "decompressing".

kofritz
12-14-2007, 14:44
i concur with the plan b, c, d, etc.,