PDA

View Full Version : HHmm, doggy snow coat

wrongway_08
12-14-2007, 17:37
Seems to be pretty neat, only thing is its not water proof. Anyone seen something like this only water proof and one that wont have the bathroom problem?

I like being able to take off the stupid looking hood and being able to take off the legs is neat.

Only thing I see as a problem on this version is the dog taken a pee or dropn a duce.

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=13545

JAK
12-14-2007, 17:39
I thought you meant some particularly familiar shade of yellow.

wrongway_08
12-14-2007, 18:27
AAhhhhh, took a second.... good one :)

doggiebag
12-14-2007, 18:48
Ruffwear.com

They have the coat a REI a little pricey at $75 IMHO (but you get the REI return policy and the coat looks very well made). Aldo's coat is thick enough for the winter treks. You can easily just use an old fleece coat for your dog. I'd love Aldo to have this ruff wear coat. But since he has a pack on ... that helps insulate him some. I'll try to make him something out of old fleece. I might get him some booties though. If it doesn't work out ... back to the store it goes.

I know you like to tinker Wrongway ... so why not have a little competition with me on making something jacket wise for the pooches? We'll use the criteria of funcionality followed by looks. You up to it?

doggiebag
12-14-2007, 19:20
It took me a couple of minutes to roll the sleeves up and put the pack on. Functional and free. It's a 100% waterproof and windproof "Britches" rain jacket that I picked up at the thrift store for $5.00 bucks.

Rather dashing I might say.

SteveJ
12-15-2007, 00:35
It took me a couple of minutes to roll the sleeves up and put the pack on. Functional and free. It's a 100% waterproof and windproof "Britches" rain jacket that I picked up at the thrift store for $5.00 bucks.

Rather dashing I might say.

chuckle...Phoebe would run away if I put something like that on her.....I tried a rain coat on one of our first backpacking trips when she was about 2. It rained 5 or 6 inches one day - she let me know pretty quickly that she didn't need any darn raincoat!

doggiebag
12-15-2007, 00:44
Aldo's no weenie! That's his extreme cold weather outfit. We're headed to New York this winter. I think he looks rather ... elite. Normally he doesn't need clothing ... just a safety precaution. It aint a raincoat! It's his arctic gear!

LastHonestFool
12-15-2007, 01:46
OMG and Aldo is looking at the camera!

doggiebag wind over wrongway just for getting Aldo over his camera-shyness

wrongway_08
12-15-2007, 10:10
Damn Aldo, all those "look away" shots I got of him, out of 25 photos - I think 3 came out good of Aldo!!!! :)

wrongway_08
12-15-2007, 10:13
I'm still tossing the ideal of bringing Hudson..... he was a homeless pup in the streets of baltimore.....he should be tough enough!

Of course I have babied him........ heated dog house and all......:cool: