PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the ladies...

sam4msu
12-15-2007, 17:36
Thanks for providing much info on this forum. I have been able to use much of it to convince my wife to give backpacking a try. We are in the process of gearing her up and this spring she will be joining me on a long weekend trip to the Sipsey Wilderness not far from our home in Alabama. Until I could use you all as a "tool" to talk her into this she showed not interest whatsoever, but now thinks it will be "neat" to join me. I am always looking for ways for us to spend more time together and still partake in our hobbies and you all have helped me in my quest!!!
Thank you all!!!:banana:banana:banana

Jan LiteShoe
12-15-2007, 17:50
Good luck! You might be creating a monster, ha ha. I think women and the woods are a natural.
Consider bringing along a special treat or something to celebrate her inagural backpack. You know, something chocolate.
;-)

dixicritter
12-15-2007, 20:04
Another convert huh? Like I keep telling SGT Rock.... be careful what ya ask for, you just might get it. ;)

Seriously, Glad we could help!

CherrypieScout
12-15-2007, 20:16
I'm an Alabama backpacker, too. The Sipsey is one of my favorite places. Beautiful views without much work. I have created a couple of converts in those woods.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-15-2007, 20:16
::: Dino crosses Dixi and Sam4msu's wife off list - moves on to next victim... er.. um.... prospect :D :::

Cuffs
12-15-2007, 20:41
I just got home from Sipsey, havent even unpacked! There are always folks looking for others to join for overnighters, just say when!

sam4msu
12-15-2007, 21:03
We are new to this area so this will be my first trip to The Sipsey. Do you have some reccomendations for some guide books or reading about it? How about some good trails and spots to camp out there??
Thanks