PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardware Tri Light Tent

scout005
12-14-2003, 17:50
anyone have experience using the MH Tri Light 2 tent? pros and cons? looks like one of the lightest free standing tents around.

kate
12-15-2003, 00:05
I have the Tri-Light I. I can set it up in under 3 minutes. No condensation problems even in areas with heavy fog. I love the window. I haven't seen the 2 person model. I am comfy with room on my sides in the 1 person model. I am 5'9" and was pleasantly cozy lying down. All in all a great tent for the weight.

Naked Dog
01-13-2004, 17:17
How about head room? Are you able to sit up fairly comfortably?

Kerosene
01-13-2004, 19:58
Is this the same as the Waypoint? There is not Tri-Light listed on Mountain Hardwear's website, but the window makes it sound like the Waypoint 1.

kate
01-14-2004, 21:49
It is not the same as the Waypoint. The Tri Light is double walled. Unfortunately it was discontinued and that is why it's no longer on their site. If you search various outfitters you might find one available. I bought mine last October, so I don't think it is too late to find one. I wouldn't call it comfortable to sit up in. Almost but not quite. I am 5'10" with a long torso so I am generally not going to be comfy sitting up in most backpacking tents. Besides the good ventilation, my primary love of this tent is that it is free standing. That made a great difference when I was camping on a rocky island. No worries of tent collapse if a stake didn't hold.