PDA

View Full Version : Florida to Virginia

Terry7
12-16-2007, 15:37
I moved to Damascus this year after my 5 month AT hike. I am thinking of hiking sobo from Damascus Va to Springer and then back to Damascs. I have heard that they were trying to hook up the trails in Fl. and Al. to the AT so you could thru hike from the Keyes to Ma. I would like some info on this if any one knows about it. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Shane! Come Back!
12-17-2007, 15:12
The Great Eastern Trail www.greateasterntrail.net (http://www.greateasterntrail.net)

Hammock Hanger
12-17-2007, 18:19
The GET diverts to the west at one point in GA, thus it does not connect with the AT. However, the same route up through lower AL (roadwalk), thru the AL/GA Pinhoti Trail will connect with the BMT and take you to Springer MT.

The lower AL road walk is quite pleasant. I did it last year when hiking on the GET and found the locals to be very friendly.

ofthearth
12-17-2007, 20:09
I moved to Damascus this year after my 5 month AT hike. I am thinking of hiking sobo from Damascus Va to Springer and then back to Damascs. I have heard that they were trying to hook up the trails in Fl. and Al. to the AT so you could thru hike from the Keyes to Ma. I would like some info on this if any one knows about it. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

A good book to check out is "Ten Million Steps". Well written and covers the subject in some detail.

fehchet
09-18-2008, 21:29
{{removed spam content}}

Are we on the same planet? Just asking?

fancyfeet
09-18-2008, 21:52
He(?)'s a spammer. I reported this post. :mad: