PDA

View Full Version : Hissy Fits on the AT an WB

Pages : [1] 2

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 00:50
Or maybe Hissy Fits and Contrition. Umm, yeah.
I always cringed (and had a little chuckle) when a wanker member here would take their ball and go home only to return at some point. 'How embarrasing' I thought.

Indeed.

So here I am putting my ball back in play only I'll be observing from the bench for awhile.
And as the entirety of my social interaction is with my friends here at WB I'm hoping that people will jump in with their own little rants and humility, jokes and anecdotes.
In a clever effort to divert attention from my own hissy fit I'm wondering if anyone else would like to relate one of their own, be it a trail story or here at WB or anyone that's just memorable.
Mostly I just want to hear what others have to say and I may chime in here or there.
And I put this in the humor forum quite purpously. Where better to be most comfortable fording chagrin falls.
Peace:)

In lieu of relating another of my hissy fits when I was trying to find Hurd Brook Lean-to in the dark I'll leave you with a joke.

Sarge and Wolf walk into a bar. . .
(I don't have a punch-line yet - anyone?)

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 01:00
I'll bet it hurt when they walked into it....that bar that is....people shouldn't go around leaving bars sticking up out of the ground at crotch level like that....somebody could get really hurt.

JAK
12-18-2007, 01:02
I like that one the Sarge mentioned, 'So this baby seal walks into a club'.

rafe
12-18-2007, 01:06
At 4th and Drucker he turns left. At Drucker and 4th he turns right. He crosses MacArthur Park and into a great sandstone building.

Ooof! My nose!

Tinker
12-18-2007, 01:10
a couple of years ago after they advertised off-road motorcycles in their magazine.
I cancelled my subscription and left that forum for this one (more along the lines of the hiking I do, anyway).
Recently, I checked in when I found that someone was wondering where I was and apologized for my hissy fit (I think that's even what I called it).
Anyhoo, I have become comfortable here as we have a love for the AT in common.

Montego
12-18-2007, 01:10
I'll bet it hurt when they walked into it....that bar that is....people shouldn't go around leaving bars sticking up out of the ground at crotch level like that....somebody could get really hurt.

LWolf blamed it on a thru-hiker and Sgt Rock told him not to Snivel about it :D

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 01:29
a couple of years ago after they advertised off-road motorcycles in their magazine.
I cancelled my subscription and left that forum for this one (more along the lines of the hiking I do, anyway).
Recently, I checked in when I found that someone was wondering where I was and apologized for my hissy fit (I think that's even what I called it).
Anyhoo, I have become comfortable here as we have a love for the AT in common.

:eek: GEEEEEeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz !
What does that have to do with walking into a bar ?
-----You're gonna make me have a hissy fit!

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 01:32
:eek: GEEEEEeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz !
What does that have to do with walking into a bar ?
-----You're gonna make me have a hissy fit!
And the award for first hissy fit on the hissy fit thread goes to. . . .
Thank you for playing.:p

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 01:39
:banana S W E E T !

camojack
12-18-2007, 01:40
In a clever effort to divert attention from my own hissy fit...
Which one? :confused: :D :cool: :eek:

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 01:43
Which one? :confused: :D :cool: :eek:
I was wondering how long before someone called me on that one.:)
Nice work.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 02:03
i can't believe you let the world's great trail maintainer/name-dropper run you off

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 02:15
i can't believe you let the world's great trail maintainer/name-dropper run you off
Yeah, I thought I had a better grip than that myself til I did it. And oh how I fumed about what nasty energy came from the guy. Then I realized it wasn't him or anyone else that makes me that way. I did it to myself.
But it was interesting keeping my trap shut for a few days and just reading.
Gave me a different angle/ perspective. And the time to realize I'm just a really nice hippie-wuss.

kayak karl
12-18-2007, 02:37
.... and the bartender says to one man, "Hey guy, you've got a steering wheel down your pants." The guy replies "Yeah I know. Its driving me nuts!"

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 02:41
Hi nice folks at WB, how y'all doin?
I'm pretty bored too, it was fun for a while though...........:) huh?

Nokia
12-18-2007, 02:47
.... and the bartender says to one man, "Hey guy, you've got a steering wheel down your pants." The guy replies "Yeah I know. Its driving me nuts!"

Miss Janet's favorite pirate joke :banana

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 03:51
Originally Posted by L. Wolf http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=476294#post476294)
i can't believe you let the world's great trail maintainer/name-dropper run you off........

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28979&highlight=greatest

Please, Please, enter me on the forever greatest thread, I can't wait!!!
You said it, You said it, and I know you want to, .......

I am the world's great trail maintainer. :banana

I have been giving free showers at my home for 18 years, and helping Thru-hikers get to Maine.
I have been given awards by the AMC, and the National Park Service, but nothing compares to this. HeHe

Wingfoot, AND Bob McCaw have visited with me,..... BOTH authors of the Thru-Hiker handbook, Ed Garvey, and Earl Shaffer Too.
Never charged a CENT, or ever even asked for a donation.

If you can tell everyone how many miles you hiked without bragging, and try to bully everyone on this website, I can tell everyone about the hikers that I have assisted over the years, and the fun we have had helping others.
FOR FREE

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 04:04
The WhiteBlaze Network was created by a community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts. Its intended purpose is to provide a forum for free exchange of ideas about the Appalachian Trail including its history, supporting the trail, hiking the trail, and general issues important to those that enjoy the Appalachian Trail.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 04:20
I have been giving free showers at my home for 18 years, and helping Thru-hikers get to Maine.
I have been given awards by the AMC, and the National Park Service, but nothing compares to this. HeHe

Wingfoot, AND Bob McCaw have visited with me,..... BOTH authors of the Thru-Hiker handbook, Ed Garvey, and Earl Shaffer Too.

Whoopee Doo!! :rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 04:23
Whoopee Doo!! :rolleyes:
Correct. We also would have accepted Whoopdee Frickin Doo.:jump

woodsy
12-18-2007, 04:24
Yeah, I thought I had a better grip than that myself til I did it. And oh how I fumed about what nasty energy came from the guy. Then I realized it wasn't him or anyone else that makes me that way. I did it to myself.
But it was interesting keeping my trap shut for a few days and just reading.
Gave me a different angle/ perspective. And the time to realize I'm just a really nice hippie-wuss.

Did I miss something Wargy?
When you coming up to wallow round on the AT, make some deep tracks?
A winter hike is good cure for hissy fits ya know

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 04:27
Did I miss something Wargy?
When you coming up to wallow round on the AT, make some deep tracks?
A winter hike is good cure for hissy fits ya know
That's tempting Woodsy. Got any ideas for late February that could find us near Monson but give us a couple outdoor camp nights? Keep in mind I'm a northern NYer but a newbie winter camper. I'll do it,I just don't wantto die in Maine. . . . yet.

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 04:40
Quote ...
L. Wolf, ... "Whoopee Doo"

Is that really all you have to say?

Keep embarassing yourself if you want to, but I am here to stay.

Would you argue this point with Miss Janet too, or Uncle Johhny, How about Keith Shaw, or perhaps you want to give Bob Peoples, and Steve the Ferryman a hard time too?

It shows your weakness.

woodsy
12-18-2007, 04:45
No kidding, Temps hovering around 0 every night lately with 2' of frickin snow everywhere.
I've got Saddleback in my sights real soon via Piazza rock but need some help breaking trail, have an extra pair of snowshoes if and when you're ready. Gotta get out before i get one of those hissy fits y'all are talking about.
I think santa is bringing me a new cold weather bag ifin he can get it get it down my smokey chimney.!!!
I don't know about Monson but there is a camp real handy to Bigelow we can use for a jumping off point.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 04:47
Quote ...
L. Wolf, ... "Whoopee Doo"

Double Whoopee Doo! :rolleyes: :banana

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 04:49
Would you argue this point with Miss Janet too, or Uncle Johhny, How about Keith Shaw, or perhaps you want to give Bob Peoples, and Steve the Ferryman a hard time too?

none of these folks brag and gloat. unlike you. they're all very humble. take lessons

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 04:59
I you were humble, you would bow down and kiss my Glass, that Earl Shaffer drank from in 1998.
Are you ready?

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 04:59
For the amount of times he invokes (unsolicited I might add) her name, sounds like Narcissus has a Miss Janet jones. She deserves better than that for sure.
More likely it's a name-dropper jones.
Any macho guys or self assured girls have any hissy fit stories?
Surely Wolf you must have one that could register high on the funniest ever meter here at WB. . . you know being the King of kool, bearing the Crown of Calm, the Ghost of Glib and the High Sorcerer of Hidden Sensibilities.
You must have freaked out at least once in yourlife. . . somewhere:)

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 05:02
I you were humble, you would bow down and kiss my Glass, that Earl Shaffer drank from in 1998.
Are you ready?

Earl was just a man

woodsy
12-18-2007, 05:18
I see we have a new troll

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 05:20
I see we have a new troll
Ain't he cute? Just ask his reflection in the water..

River Runner
12-18-2007, 05:24
I think several of us had hissy fits on this thread:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30747

:bse

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 05:26
No kidding, Temps hovering around 0 every night lately with 2' of frickin snow everywhere.
I've got Saddleback in my sights real soon via Piazza rock but need some help breaking trail, have an extra pair of snowshoes if and when you're ready. Gotta get out before i get one of those hissy fits y'all are talking about.
I think santa is bringing me a new cold weather bag ifin he can get it get it down my smokey chimney.!!!
I don't know about Monson but there is a camp real handy to Bigelow we can use for a jumping off point.
I'm likin the sound of that. Let's stay intouch about it.
Oh andif you're wondering about the inspiration for this thread check out the 'Large Groups on the AT' my thread.
I showed poor form regardless of justifications.

woodsy
12-18-2007, 05:30
Did I mention thursday nights are ladies night at the Stratton Hilton?
Talk about hissy fits! Ski bunny country!

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 05:32
I think several of us had hissy fits on this thread:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30747

:bse
Oh how I knew that thread was going to get mentioned. It's entirety happened during my wussy hiatus and it drove me crazy not to be able to relate how just days before that I had used the word 'duped' in PMs to the poster because I was stricken by the story of his mom. After a couple hours of lengthy advisement, he dropped the 72 mile a day thing on me and I was quite non-plussed to say the least.
Rant away, everyone - and please, more hissy fit stories!!!!!:)

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 05:33
Did I mention thursday nights are ladies night at the Stratton Hilton?
Talk about hissy fits! Ski bunny country!
SOLD dude!!!! Pick us a weekend.:) Plus I think I still owe Sue in Stratton 20 bucks so that would work out.

woodsy
12-18-2007, 05:45
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hissy+fit

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 05:55
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hissy+fit
1.hissy fithttp://static.urbandictionary.com/thumbsup.gif (javascript:void(0))109 up, 8 downhttp://static.urbandictionary.com/thumbsdown.gif (javascript:void(0))noun. A sudden outburst of temper, often used to describe female anger at something trivial. Originally regional from American South. Thought to originate from contraction of "hysterical fit."

Thanks Woodsy. Yup, sounds like what I had.:o :rolleyes: :p

woodsy
12-18-2007, 06:08
1.hissy fithttp://static.urbandictionary.com/thumbsup.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)109 up, 8 downhttp://static.urbandictionary.com/thumbsdown.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)noun. A sudden outburst of temper, often used to describe female anger at something trivial. Originally regional from American South. Thought to originate from contraction of "hysterical fit."

Thanks Woodsy. Yup, sounds like what I had.:o :rolleyes: :p

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger man, I'd tell some of mine but they have been erased from memory by that magical delete/edit button, LOL.:p

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 06:10
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger man, I'd tell some of mine but they have been erased from memory by that magical delete/edit button, LOL.:p
Wuss. . . .
:p

Gray Blazer
12-18-2007, 08:30
At 4th and Drucker he turns left. At Drucker and 4th he turns right. He crosses MacArthur Park and into a great sandstone building.

Ooof! My nose!Regnad Kcin! Antelope Freeway.....one mile.

dixicritter
12-18-2007, 08:46
Lost count now how many times I've quit from being so mad. One of these days I'm really gonna do it... no really I am... just you wait and see. Stop laughing Wolf. ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-18-2007, 09:47
And the Dino will be right behind Dixi... quit laughing - all of you this instant!
::: Southern belle Dino throws screaming royal hissy-fit :D :::

mrc237
12-18-2007, 09:50
Once logged on to a Political forum for some information. While exploring the site I discovered that it had a Hiking forum, so after my initial basic political information request was satisfied I checked out the hiking page and discovered that those folks had some strange hiking habits and I began posting relentlessly as to their ignorance on hiking. I threw a hissy fit and never visited again when someone called me a "breifcasesniffer".

bmike
12-18-2007, 10:09
Are you ready?

you been on oprah?

Gray Blazer
12-18-2007, 10:09
Or maybe Hissy Fits and Contrition. Umm, yeah.
I always cringed (and had a little chuckle) when a wanker member here would take their ball and go home only to return at some point. 'How embarrasing' I thought.

Indeed.

So here I am putting my ball back in play only I'll be observing from the bench for awhile.
And as the entirety of my social interaction is with my friends here at WB I'm hoping that people will jump in with their own little rants and humility, jokes and anecdotes.
In a clever effort to divert attention from my own hissy fit I'm wondering if anyone else would like to relate one of their own, be it a trail story or here at WB or anyone that's just memorable.
Mostly I just want to hear what others have to say and I may chime in here or there.
And I put this in the humor forum quite purpously. Where better to be most comfortable fording chagrin falls.
Peace:)

In lieu of relating another of my hissy fits when I was trying to find Hurd Brook Lean-to in the dark I'll leave you with a joke.

You're not the first nor will you be the last. It's funny how someone you can't see and will prolly never meet can get your goat. I can't give you any sage advice nor can I come up with a punchline to your joke (is reality a joke?).

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 10:21

.. and buy the mofo and immediately ban hissy fit havin' wankers, snivelers and whiners

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-18-2007, 10:30
.. and buy the mofo and immediately ban hissy fit havin' wankers, snivelers and whiners::: Dino seen with giant croc tears and quivering lower lip 'cause LW won't let her in his bar ::::

Cuffs
12-18-2007, 10:33
I had a hissy fit last week, but it wasnt on WB. I learned that a week earlier someone decided to steal one of my bank cards and have a merry freakin Christmas at the expense of all the cash in my account...

Does that still count?

(on a good note, the bank has credited me back all the money from the erroneous charges, but still... it just pissed me off!)

Frosty
12-18-2007, 10:55
I had a hissy fit last week, but it wasnt on WB. I learned that a week earlier someone decided to steal one of my bank cards and have a merry freakin Christmas at the expense of all the cash in my account...Did this happen on the FT? You should have had a gun with you.

Ooops.

wrongway_08
12-18-2007, 10:56
While not exactly on topic as a WB hissy fit moment, my most recent and funny hissy fit happen at Walmart last night.

lady in front of us bought a base ball cap and t-shirt for her husband. The cashier took the two apart to find the SKU number - couldnt find it, the cashier then rolled the shirt up wrong and placed it back in the cap.
The Lady flips out on her, yelling at her for screwing up the present, the cashier yells back at the customer then says "I'm not waiting on you" and walks off. This causes the cusomer to yell more, when the customer service lady come to finish the sale, the lady yells at her about the other lady. Then the original cashier comes back and tells the lady off, the customer service lady tells her to leave and things go south from there.
This pisses off my wife who starts to yell about the customer yelling about the cashier...... kepping up?......, so I bitch my wife for bitchn the lady - the customer behind us is laughn at all of our dumb ass's for yelling at one another.

Just another red-neck holiday shopping event at the local Walmart.

And my personal hissy, people who add stories to threads that have nothing to do with the main thread topic. :D :o

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-18-2007, 10:56
I had a hissy fit last week, but it wasnt on WB. I learned that a week earlier someone decided to steal one of my bank cards and have a merry freakin Christmas at the expense of all the cash in my account...

Does that still count?

(on a good note, the bank has credited me back all the money from the erroneous charges, but still... it just pissed me off!)I think this belongs on the Weapons thread - just saying. :eek:

Cuffs
12-18-2007, 11:19
I wasnt robbed... it was stolen when I was not home... so therefore, no firearms used...but if I find that sommabeotch

Dances with Mice
12-18-2007, 11:30
I hissy fit at work in the chemistry lab.

I got all emulsional.

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 11:31

I think it was at a shelter on the AT where they were staying for the night with the other thru-hikers

Dances with Mice
12-18-2007, 11:32
in the chemistry lab.

I got all emulsional.I ....threw a... hissy fit (etc)

Damn, I hit the punch line but screwed the setup.

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 11:35

Dude you are a legend in your own mind

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 11:37
Dude you are a legend in your own mind

and a packsniffin' brown noser

Thoughtful Owl
12-18-2007, 11:47

Does that still count?

(on a good note, the bank has credited me back all the money from the erroneous charges, but still... it just pissed me off!)

Really off thread, but this type of incident makes you feel like you have been desecrated or raped. I would have a hissy fit too.

Even more so right now I can't believe the audaciousness of our "friend" here on WB. I apologized once for thinking I had misunderstood him. But it appears as if my first instinct was correct. I tend to avoid these type of people. I just can't stand to be around them. I would hope he wouldn't turn up at Trail Days or the like, as I am sure he would be left to his own demise.

Ok, I just had another hissy fit.:o

mudhead
12-18-2007, 11:51
I ....threw a... hissy fit (etc)

Damn, I hit the punch line but screwed the setup.

If the hissy fits.

I thought it oozed with humor.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-18-2007, 11:58
Dino hereby takes back every hissy-fit she has ever thrown - except the one when she left the political forum because that deserved a hissy-fit (maybe even entry into the weapons' thread) :D - and hopes LW will let her in his bar now.

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 14:09
Originally Posted by L. Wolf http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=476294#post476294)
i can't believe you let the world's great trail maintainer/name-dropper run you off........

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28979&highlight=greatest

I am the world's great trail maintainer. :banana

If you can tell everyone how many miles you hiked without bragging, and try to bully everyone on this website, I can tell everyone about the hikers that I have assisted over the years, and the fun we have had helping others.
FOR FREE

:mad: What's any of this got to do with walking into a bar?
Please stay on subject!
Actually....most of the crude on this thread isn't about walking into bars and that is REALLY starting to piss me off...
DON'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT THE BOLD CAPITALS ON YOU!
I'm warning you....I'm tough....Although I wouldn't last one minute against one 5 year old........I can thru hike the AT unsupported in 29.7 days...I know i can...even though I've never been to the east coast I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and I walked down the hall to get a coke out of the machine....I later figured that walk out to be 15 feet in .000000000000000078345 micronanotera seconds...therefore any trail between 2150-2300 miles can EASILY be hiked by yours truely in less than 29.8 days....the only factors that might slow me down are my dog, handgun and extra ammo and of course any incoming cell phones calls. Other than that....I'm the greatest bestest most gooderest trail guy in the world...I once ate Mac & Cheese with John Wayne while hiking from Portland to Lake Chelan...we made the hike in under 15 minutes, met John Lennon and Jerry....it was amazing Grace Slick showed up and with her was JANIS !!!
Well, i pulled my harpoon and my dirty red bandanna and we wrote this really cool tune... We decided to get a train and tour across Canada....that train kept a rollin all night long and more and more people showed up and joined the band.
I'll tell you what...I never knew John Wayne could sing tlike that! The real kicker was when CHUCK NORRIS showed up and started jammin on the sitar! Whew what a time we had.

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 14:30
While not exactly on topic as a WB hissy fit moment, my most recent and funny hissy fit happen at Walmart last night.

lady in front of us bought a base ball cap and t-shirt for her husband. The cashier took the two apart to find the SKU number - couldnt find it, the cashier then rolled the shirt up wrong and placed it back in the cap.
The Lady flips out on her, yelling at her for screwing up the present, the cashier yells back at the customer then says "I'm not waiting on you" and walks off. This causes the cusomer to yell more, when the customer service lady come to finish the sale, the lady yells at her about the other lady. Then the original cashier comes back and tells the lady off, the customer service lady tells her to leave and things go south from there.
This pisses off my wife who starts to yell about the customer yelling about the cashier...... kepping up?......, so I bitch my wife for bitchn the lady - the customer behind us is laughn at all of our dumb ass's for yelling at one another.

And my personal hissy, people who add stories to threads that have nothing to do with the main thread topic. :D :o
That is a great hissy fit story and right on topic. That it happened at Wal-Mart just makes it that more delicious. Nice work.:)

Pony
12-18-2007, 14:32
What exactly is a packsniffer?

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 14:33
a hiker wannabe

doggiebag
12-18-2007, 14:36

I could see it now. Truly a heart warming Norman Rockwell scene.:eek:

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 14:36
.. and buy the mofo and immediately ban hissy fit havin' wankers, snivelers and whiners

::: Dino seen with giant croc tears and quivering lower lip 'cause LW won't let her in his bar ::::
That's reeeeal nice Wolf. Now look what you've done.
BTW, great punchline.

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 14:41
Dino hereby takes back every hissy-fit she has ever thrown - except the one when she left the political forum because that deserved a hissy-fit (maybe even entry into the weapons' thread) :D - and hopes LW will let her in his bar now.
Yes Wolf, can Dino and I come in the bar. By the way we'll be drinking Seabreezes (with a little umbrella thingy please).:D

Dances with Mice
12-18-2007, 14:59
Yes Wolf, can Dino and I come in the bar. By the way we'll be drinking Seabreezes (with a little umbrella thingy please).:DJust open a bar next door to his for all the wankers, hissy fitters and whatever the other one was... oh yeah, whiners and drive Wolf out of business.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 15:02
Just open a bar next door to his for all the wankers, hissy fitters and whatever the other one was... oh yeah, whiners

a gay bar

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 15:14
I see some folks at WB will never grow up,..........bullying, calling names, and making fun of nice folks all the time.

You are not here to help anyone, you are here for your own entertainment.

That's my hissy fit.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 15:16
I see some folks at WB will never grow up,..........bullying, calling names, and making fun of nice folks all the time.

That's my hissy fit.

dial whine 11. someone needs a WHAAAAmbulance!:banana

The Mechanical Man
12-18-2007, 15:25
See who the first one is, I knew it....................HeHe

Sit down, and be good, or no magic for you!

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 15:25
Well maybe you should take your hissy fit to a hissy fit thread and stop posting to a thread about walking into bars.

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 15:26
Did you hear about the 2 guys that walked into a bar?....the third one ducked.

Spiritwind, are you aure that was a hissey fit? It seemed more like a meltdown. I was expecting to see you flying around my computer screen like a balloon with the knot untied.

You know that's why they tie babies umbilical cords...right? Keeps from flying around the room.

bmike
12-18-2007, 15:46

That's my hissy fit.

then there are those that are friends with the prom queen, the pricipal, the police chief, my friends are better than your friends type.

emerald
12-18-2007, 15:53
See who the first one is, I knew it....................HeHe

Sit down, and be good, or no magic for you!

He doesn't get exicited about magic, unless it's card tricks and such you're talking about.

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 16:05
Did you hear about the 2 guys that walked into a bar?....the third one ducked.

Spiritwind, are you aure that was a hissey fit? It seemed more like a meltdown. I was expecting to see you flying around my computer screen like a balloon with the knot untied.

You know that's why they tie babies umbilical cords...right? Keeps from flying around the room.

:mad: Stop it! Stop It!
I am not a baby! STOP CALLING ME NAMES!

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 16:33
Spiritwind you just need to calm down and remember to take your meds.

On a related note, I was sitting around at the house the other night shooting tequila shots with my good friend Sigmund Freud, and we were discussing along with Jessica Simpson the more esoteric qualities associated with insanity. Don't take this the wrong way, but your name came up, and then to get back on the thread Jessica thru a hissey fit ran into the bar and stomped out.

But, I often open my home up to celebrities and rock stars. However, Keith Richards is never welcome in my home again, after the neighbor's little swimming pool/pool table incident.

Jack Tarlin
12-18-2007, 16:47
Pretty funny thread.

My own personal favorite hissy fit belongs to a particular WB regular, famous for giving over-bearing and arrogant lectures to everyone he disagrees with here, or those with the temerity to disagree with him......in a fit of pique, he stormed off a few weeks ago loudly exclaiming that he'd never speak to me again; never reply to any of my posts; never acknowledge my existence as a human being; and would essentiallly consider me lost, gone, not worthy of notice, recognition, or any consideration whatsoever.

Forget about the Amish and their shunning of miscreants and social transgressors.......nope, this was MUCH worse than that. According to this guy, I was simply dead to the world.

Days later, he was back at it, giving me forty kinds of hell. It was kinda like being on double-secret probation........for a few days, anyway.

In short, his anger and dismay wasn't as great as one would have thinked.

Or more likely, he just couldn't stay away.

Whiteblaze does funny things to people.

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 17:00
:o Alright...alright....really all right!
I have taken my meds and I also took some that were on the floor, over in the corner, near the bar, sometimes people walk into the bar and the impact knocks some of their meds out of their pockets. They didn't look like mine..maybe somebody lost them or they're left over from some crazy party or something....coulda been the impact- Man, I'm just not sure about it okay.
Funny you should mention Keith. Once while we were on safari in Indiana Keith had a hissy fit because the elephant he was riding was able to reach around with his trunk and slap him every time he threw a cigarette butt on the ground....this was an enviro-hippie elephant and didn't tolerate any of Keith's littering...anyway it got pretty brutal, I mean I was about 15 feet away on a giraffe talking to Jennifer Love-Hewitt about what she did the summer before and one of Keith's teeth came flying over and hit me in the knee...it hurt! The elephant had smacked him hard enough to knock out a whole tooth or maybe it was just part of one..either way it hurt!
We rode most of the day and stopped for dinner at a small run down looking little bar near Anderson. Jennifer and I went inside and were about to sit down when Keith came flying through the door and landed hard on the pool table...the elephant had given him one heck of a day ending knock...
anyway...your story kinda reminded me of that.

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 17:06
That could explain the issues that Keith had with pool tables that I mentioned in my previous post. Maybe I judged him too harshly, too quickly.

I should have waited a while before judging him so harshly.

Come on they don't have safaris in Indiana. I think your Lion.:-?

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 17:13
:rolleyes: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Guess I should have mentioned that earlier that day Grace Slick was running around singing something about feeding your head and she was trying to give everybody a sugar rush cause she was handing out these little sugarcubes. I ate a bunch of them and maybe the sugar rush made me think I was on a safari in Indiana - Well if it wasn't a safari I was on it was some kind of trip.

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 17:14
Pretty funny thread.

My own personal favorite hissy fit belongs to a particular WB regular, famous for giving over-bearing and arrogant lectures to everyone he disagrees with here, or those with the temerity to disagree with him......in a fit of pique, he stormed off a few weeks ago loudly exclaiming that he'd never speak to me again; never reply to any of my posts; never acknowledge my existence as a human being; and would essentiallly consider me lost, gone, not worthy of notice, recognition, or any consideration whatsoever.

Forget about the Amish and their shunning of miscreants and social transgressors.......nope, this was MUCH worse than that. According to this guy, I was simply dead to the world.

Days later, he was back at it, giving me forty kinds of hell. It was kinda like being on double-secret probation........for a few days, anyway.

In short, his anger and dismay wasn't as great as one would have thinked.

Or more likely, he just couldn't stay away.

Whiteblaze does funny things to people.

is this guy a lawyer maybe? :-?

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 17:17
Grace is sweet that way.:D

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 17:22
:-? Yeah Grace in the day was.............

Reminds me of a story from when I lived in California and had to deal with a bunch of legal stuff which came about from a concert...anyway we had to deal with this California lawyer who thought he knew........:eek:

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 17:28
Should have hired the Hell's Angels to provide security for the concert. That would have prevented those problems...those guys were good.

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 17:36
If I remember right they killed somebody at a Stones show.
Killing the guests probably isn't a good thing!

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 17:45
Depends on the guests.

But, in general you would be correct.

Yes I think it was the Monterey Jazz Festival that the Angels did their thing. They were probably in the midst of a sugar rush. Sugar makes some people really hyperactive.

Jack Tarlin
12-18-2007, 17:49
It was Altamont in December of '69.......and it WASN'T a Jazz show!

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 17:55
The concert series that I'm referring to was called either the Monteray Jazz Festival or the Monteray Pop Festival. It was neither jazz nor pop music, just what it was called.

I'll take your word that it was Altamont though. For some reason my memory of those years is a bit fuzzy.

MOWGLI
12-18-2007, 17:55
He doesn't get exicited about magic, unless it's card tricks and such you're talking about.

Or turning water into wine.

woodsy
12-18-2007, 18:01
Lets stay on topic folks, hissfititis is what it's about.
Hey wargy, great thread.
Seems everyone is piling on with their 2 cents, LOL

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 18:13
:eek: wait a minute...what's that got to do with walking into a bar ?
DON'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT THE BOLD CAPS AGAIN!

envirodiver
12-18-2007, 18:28
See what you did Woodsy, just when I was starting to get him calmed down.

Have another sugar cube Spiritwind.:sun

rafe
12-18-2007, 18:31
The concert in question was Altamont, and it was a double-header; Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead. The Dead wrote a song about it afterwards, called New Speedway Boogie (http://arts.ucsc.edu/GDead/aGDL/spee.html).

Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill
Things went down we don't understand
but I think in time we will

River Runner
12-18-2007, 18:35

And have a hissy fit because it's in a shelter and the bartender is sniveling because all the 20 something thru-hikers have been mooching all his hooch?

:D

No need to break out the all caps again SpiritWind - fits both the topic of hissy fits & bars, and completes the punch line of the original post to boot!

Jack Tarlin
12-18-2007, 18:38
It wasn't just a "double header."

In addition to the Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, and CSN&Y also headlined.

The Dead were supposed to appear but cancelled at the last minute.

woodsy
12-18-2007, 18:48
See what you did Woodsy, just when I was starting to get him calmed down.

Figures I'd hijack a hijacked thread

rafe
12-18-2007, 19:11
This is rich... Jack Tarlin lecturing me about the Grateful Dead. :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-18-2007, 19:11

.....t's in a shelter and the bartender is sniveling because all the 20 something thru-hikers have been mooching all his hooch?

No need to break out the all caps again SpiritWind - fits both the topic of hissy fits & bars, and completes the punch line of the original post to boot!A shelter, sniveling and 20-something thrus
I'M BUSTING OUT THE BOLD CAPS AND THROWING A MAJOR HISSY FIT

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 19:18
Lets stay on topic folks, hissfititis is what it's about.
Ya know, bitchin about other as*h*le posters!
Hey wargy, great thread.
Seems everyone is piling on with their 2 cents, LOL
Yeah, I'm lovin the feedback. But I have noticed that while there is a nice representation of humility, grace, humor, anxiety, angst, confusion, mental instability and even a tiny spattering of sociopathy - there's been very few who have jumped in with their own hissy fits.
So I guess I'll have to relate the Hurd Brook story.

My first time heading SOBO my pack was 70 pounds. I stayed too late at Abol Bridge cause a trail angel drove me up to the lakes to see the mooses. (pl):)
Aaaanywho, I headed south to Hurd Brook thinking I could do the three miles and it was only 7:45 so I knew I had over an hour of good daylight left. Oh, except in the woods. Yeah it was pretty much dark there. And I fell alot, lost the trail, couldn't see white blazes, started swearing into the wild, cried (actually it was just dirt in my eye:rolleyes: ) and finally at 9:15 came into the very full of NOBOs lean-to area, and they were all asleep already.

The next day I sat there a ponderin most of the day until the guys that became THE Mobsters, filed in one by one through the afternoon including WBs Dawn Treader. After a good hissy fit things can turn in a hurry.

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 19:20
So this guy walks into a bar..he walks up to the bartender and says...
"Hey! I'm Chuck Norris! I'm kinda thristy may I have a glass of water?"
The bartender gets Chuck a tall glass of water and says..................
"I heard about you saying you could do an unsupported thru hike of the Appalachian Trail in 30 days" Chuck kinda grinned at the barkeep and smiled...he said "I already did, that's why I'm thristy"

warraghiyagey
12-18-2007, 19:23
So this guy walks into a bar..he walks up to the bartender and says...
"Hey! I'm Chuck Norris! I'm kinda thristy may I have a glass of water?"
The bartender gets Chuck a tall glass of water and says..................
"I heard about you saying you could do an unsupported thru hike of the Appalachian Trail in 30 days" Chuck kinda grinned at the barkeep and smiled...he said "I already did, that's why I'm thristy"
PRICELESS!! 100 points for you.
And 100 points to FD for a major hissy.:) :)

Smile
12-18-2007, 19:28
Chuck Norris is smiling somewhere, right now. :)

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 19:28
It wasn't just a "double header."

In addition to the Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, and CSN&Y also headlined.

The Dead were supposed to appear but cancelled at the last minute.

forgot The Flying Burrito Brothers. good that the Dead cancelled. they ain't worthy of sharing the stage with those acts

saimyoji
12-18-2007, 19:38
Did I ever tell y'all about the time I went scuba diving with Jerry Garcia and Phil Lesh?

Lone Wolf
12-18-2007, 19:40
who are they?

Ramble~On
12-18-2007, 19:45
I think one of them is ice cream

mudhead
12-18-2007, 20:09
Envirodiver's avatar is the classic hiisy fit.

Kirby
12-18-2007, 21:47
From time to time I let my anger loose on a thread. However, I do not have a good story to go along, I will give 1,000,000,000,000,000 points to the first person who can find a thread in the AT related forums where I had a nice hissy fit, you all are better with the search tool than I am.

Kirby

Pennsylvania Rose
12-19-2007, 09:51
I don't post as much as some, but lurk all the time. I did manage to throw one hissy, though, during the Emily Weil article "discussion":

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16948&page=3

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:21
From time to time I let my anger loose on a thread. However, I do not have a good story to go along, I will give 1,000,000,000,000,000 points to the first person who can find a thread in the AT related forums where I had a nice hissy fit, you all are better with the search tool than I am.

Kirby
That's exactly what their talking about, except not. This is a false statement. The IPCC is mearly warning us about our future, and it's people like you, from this statement, that seem not to be listening.

Kirby

This at least qualifies as a snit - Global Warming thread.

Bogus, these people need to actually read the IPCC data before preaching.

Sick and tired of this sh**.

Kirby

This qualifies as a hissy fit for sure. Global Warming/National Security thread

There is a reason we provide aid to countries like that, people are suffering while you are sitting here calling them worthless bastards. Do you know anything about what is going on in Sudan?:-? if you do, fantastic, than you have some basis for this low-blow statement, you are judging an entire country on this. Sudan's government is corrupt and people are suffering in numbers we can not even begin to understand, worthless bastards my a$$.

Hissy fit.

With all that oil right?:-?

I am sick and tired all the screaming liberals(cough Kucinich)who believe the best way to end this is to leave Iraq and hope Iran does not rule the region.

And on and on. And that was just 4 of 20 pages of your posts.:)
You can keep your points Kirby but thanks for the entertainment. And just so you know, while I was looking up yours I came across a few more of mine:rolleyes: - and many others, very amusing stuff!

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:24
I don't post as much as some, but lurk all the time. I did manage to throw one hissy, though, during the Emily Weil article "discussion":

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16948&page=3
Hey Rose,
Interesting thread, I'd never read it before, although I think your posts might be more in the snit category. :) :)
Tough topic for sure. And your posts start on page 8 I think.

Smile
12-19-2007, 13:26
Ok, I think I just had a snit or possibly even a hissy fit (?) Can anyone verify this for me? - it's not really my nature but I wanted to participate in this thread :)

See post #19 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30839)

Lone Wolf
12-19-2007, 13:28
Ok, I think I just had a snit or possibly even a hissy fit (?) Can anyone verify this for me? - it's not really my nature but I wanted to participate in this thread :)

See post #19 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30839)

the guy has you snowed too :)

Smile
12-19-2007, 13:29
Yeah, probably, I just like to focus on encouragment :)
He may be a troll, huh.

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:33
Yeah, probably, I just like to focus on encouragment :)
He may be a troll, huh.
Snit. Which in and of themselves are as funny as a full blown hissy.
The question is, could a troll hike the AT in 30 days?

Smile
12-19-2007, 13:34
The question is, could a troll hike the AT in 30 days?

If Chuck Norris was along, I'd have to say yes.

OK, I'll accept your snit vote on this one. Or should that be - Your Royal Snitness. :)

envirodiver
12-19-2007, 13:36
Smile my vote would be snit, but I agree with you.

Hey, if the guy really wants to try it...more power to him. I don't know why anyone would (kind of hard to see the sites at that speed), but not my place to determine.

On the other hand, if he was just trying to jerk everyone's chain, which I think happens here sometimes, then he derserves to have a couple of hissey fits thrown at him. Oh and to walk into a bar.

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:39
. . .OK, I'll accept your snit vote on this one. Or should that be - Your Royal Snitness. :)
I accept. It certainly seems more manly than 'Your Royal Hissyfitnness'.
Although the latter seems somehow more healthy.:rolleyes:

Smile
12-19-2007, 13:40
Although the latter seems somehow more healthy.
Organic even!

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:47
So. . . and bear in mind this is just my interpretation and I'll liken it in feline terms -
A snit is like a little 'reeeeoowrwr' where the observer of said snit may react by saying 'Do yo feel like that all over or just in spots?'
A hissy fit is always full blown and conjures images of the cat in fool 'poofed out' state probably claws out and fur flying and making a terrrible cat screaming racket - where even the hardiest observer either
1) Backs away slowly
2) Poofs up and pitches their own hissy fit
:)

Smile
12-19-2007, 13:48
:) :)

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 13:51
:) :)

Now THAT'S a HISSY FIT!!!
100 points to Smile.

DawnTreader
12-19-2007, 17:27
Now THAT'S a HISSY FIT!!!
100 points to Smile.
Alright,
I know I am a few days late to this thread, but since my name has been mentioned.. I think I'll chime in..
So I am away from my computer for a few days, and Wargy is leaving the party??? What in the H e double hockey sticks is going on? I can't find your orignal hissy fit Wargy... Please fill me in...
My 2 cents.. 80 percent of the people that post on this site are wankers.. bloats and any other snotty english words Britt or Grit would say in this situation.. And as to the Hurd Brook in the dark anecdote. I'll add that burning your dead friends tee shirt that you vowed to take to springer was the most touching moment of my trip.. And to think you did all that because some ultralight gram weenie told you to lighten your pack (sorry :) ) Still not as good as when you kicked over the alchy stove at Shaws and almost burned IT down..

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 17:31
Alright,
I know I am a few days late to this thread, but since my name has been mentioned.. I think I'll chime in..
So I am away from my computer for a few days, and Wargy is leaving the party??? What in the H e double hockey sticks is going on? I can't find your orignal hissy fit Wargy... Please fill me in...
My 2 cents.. 80 percent of the people that post on this site are wankers.. bloats and any other snotty english words Britt or Grit would say in this situation.. And as to the Hurd Brook in the dark anecdote. I'll add that burning your dead friends tee shirt that you vowed to take to springer was the most touching moment of my trip.. And to think you did all that because some ultralight gram weenie told you to lighten your pack (sorry :) ) Still not as good as when you kicked over the alchy stove at Shaws and almost burned IT down..
Dude, when I stop laughing convulsively I'll give a better reply!:D :D :) :)

warraghiyagey
12-19-2007, 17:54
OK, it was the 'Large Groups on the AT' thread. After you've read that give this one a read, it has been great entertainment so far. :) :)

warraghiyagey
12-20-2007, 02:21
OK, so this is neither snit nor fit, but may be an example of me being a big puss.
I left Grafton Notch late in the afternoon, giving Sue from Pine Ellis a big hug as I headed back on the trail south and she headed back to her love in this life who was sick and to live only a couple more weeks (Paul).
The moment as beautiful as the trail before me I headed out at 4:30 pm and found myself in the middle of a deep dusky Mahoosuc Notch at about 8:45.
Yup, it had pretty much gotten dark but I couldn't be bothered to put on my headlamp. So I pitched and climbed and dropped forward to a step that felt different and a barely visible outline that didn't didn't look so different from the others but it definitely didn't bear the weight of my step and I pulled back to inspect.
After being certain it was a mooses head I still couldn't be bothered with my lamp but I could be bothered to ponder there in the dark whether if he was alive and if I tried to step over he might prove to be quite undead and rise up beneath me to give me a fatal head butt to my junk which would be the last feeling I'd ever know before my erstwhile corpse landed with a thud on the 'house sized' granite blocks below.
So I fretted and poked with my wooden poles (nother story) at his ears and moved down to his head and perceived that if he hadn't already expired his acting job was certainly deserving of having a crack at sending me off.
I jumped. Ten minutes later I was at the end of the notch headed up to Full Goose in pitch black, but rolled a cigarette before I went up and let a couple mosquitos bite me.
You know. To calm my nerves. But I'm not a wuss.:rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
12-20-2007, 02:24
And by Sue I mean Eileen. WOOPS. Sorry ladies.:) :) :) BTW, hi Sue (Stratton).

OregonHiker
12-20-2007, 18:34
Bad Wolf!:)

copythat
12-21-2007, 00:32
what kind of a fool do you take me for?!

firrrrsssst classssssss ...

Ooof! My nose!

BooBoo
12-21-2007, 01:22
So. . . and bear in mind this is just my interpretation and I'll liken it in feline terms -
A snit is like a little 'reeeeoowrwr' where the observer of said snit may react by saying 'Do yo feel like that all over or just in spots?'
A hissy fit is always full blown and conjures images of the cat in fool 'poofed out' state probably claws out and fur flying and making a terrrible cat screaming racket - where even the hardiest observer either
1) Backs away slowly
2) Poofs up and pitches their own hissy fit

No no. You have hissy fits but you pitch a coniption fit.

warraghiyagey
12-21-2007, 01:47
No no. You have hissy fits but you pitch a coniption fit.
I believe a coniption fit is a bit more refined.:)

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 03:24
Zoid - maybe you have something to add to this (Humor) thread??:)

River Runner
01-07-2008, 03:37

I think he just might. At least he isn't contributing to this thread:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31007

YET.

zoidfu
01-07-2008, 03:40

Well, in two weeks I will be heading out on the trail for a week with no smokes in a effort to quit. Hikers should be advised to avoid the sweating, disoriented, annoyed and desperate hiker wearing a blue synth sweater in the central PA section of the trail.

Nightwalker
01-07-2008, 04:14

That's my hissy fit.

So, let me ask the question for all involved: what's it gonna take to chase you off? :D

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 04:16
So, let me ask the question for all involved: what's it gonna take to chase you off? :D
I have a dollar and 13 cents to help.:)

Lone Wolf
01-07-2008, 04:20
MM has slammed whiteblaze, sgt. rock and dixie over on trailjournals forum

zoidfu
01-07-2008, 04:23
What did MM do that was so bad here?

Nightwalker
01-07-2008, 04:24

They should give me and you the banning keys every now and then. And what are you doing still up? :)

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 04:28
The poor soul has some seething anger in him for sure.:(

Sly
01-07-2008, 04:46

They're not speaking very highly of you either. :D That forum is lame. Do any of them hike?

http://www.trailforums.com/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=28592&Thread=1&roomID=7&entryID=88509

Sly
01-07-2008, 04:53
Back to Mechanical Man. He has a place in PA? I must have missed it. Not that I'll be stopping but is it in any guidebooks?

Edir: Never mind, I see it. A mile off trail 12 miles out of town. Not worth the side trip.

Nightwalker
01-07-2008, 05:00
MM was talking a lot of crap over there that he wouldn't have the balls to say here. What a little bitch. His "better not come into my yard with that" was especially humorous.

Hey, MechanoMarvel! You got an address you wanna give out? :)

Sly
01-07-2008, 05:04
Does he go to the PaRuck?

Nightwalker
01-07-2008, 05:10
From the ultra-idiot, Mr. Mechanical Man, on another forum where he thinks he can get away with this!
-------------------------------------------------------

Whiteblaze is for babies
I got some crap recently from the moderators too, and I feel "entitled" to post this for all others to learn of some nasty things going on at WB.

After I read the intentions of this young man, I started a new post on "whiteblaze".

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7566919

A few days later I got a PM from one of the moderators,.........

Actuall no one deleted Wild cowboy's post there MM - the thread was only shut down. I wish you would stop trying to stir up crap here when you know the truth is something different. What happened was wildcowboy made a few posts in other threads that were fairly inanne and then started a thread about his attempt. We shut it down because it was turning into a bash the Wildvowboy thread which seemed pretty useless. Now, instead of letting that whole affair die you keep bringing it back up. Seems your real intenet is to sew discord on this issue as the only result is to restart the bash Wildcowboy and his attempt will come back. You have some sort of ajenda here and I personally do not care for it.

So, here is your notice. Stop being the sewer of discord on this issue. If you don't, you can leave. The staff here all discussed this, and we all wish him the best and hope for the best on him - but creating another thread that ends up in the same manner is not usefull and will not be needed.

I hope you get it. I am heading to Springer in about 20 minutes and have notified the other moderators. Any problems again over this and you get to go into time out. __________________ SGT Rock .................................................. ..........

But the site runs on with more posts anyway>>>

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=490008&postcount=69

Sgnt Rock does have some kind of an authority problem, and I feel sorry for him and his adgenda, and his wife too, the "dixie ****ter". If you were going to start a thru-hike in 20 min, why in gods name, would you be correcting ME, on some imaginary website? He better not show up at my house.
-----------------------------------------------
Again, he doesn't give an address, just a threat to Rock not to show up at his house.

I asked it before: What's it gonna take to run him off?

River Runner
01-07-2008, 05:18
They're not speaking very highly of you either. :D That forum is lame. Do any of them hike?

http://www.trailforums.com/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=28592&Thread=1&roomID=7&entryID=88509

Looks like they don't have much to talk about when a thread on the missing hiker in GA turns into a discussion on how bad WhiteBlaze is and more posts relate to WhiteBlaze than the hiker. :mad:

Sly
01-07-2008, 05:20
It's in the Companion. He lives on Smith Gap Road in Pa.

"Don't stop at my house .. unless you have to" I believe was directed at Lonnie so he could keep on going... set the record.

Sly
01-07-2008, 05:22
Looks like they don't have much to talk about when a thread on the missing hiker in GA turns into a discussion on how bad WhiteBlaze is and more posts relate to WhiteBlaze than the hiker. :mad:

Yup, really sad.

River Runner
01-07-2008, 05:23

"Don't stop at my house .. unless you have to" I believe was directed at Lonnie so he could keep on going... set the record.

But he posted this about Sgt Rock:

Sgnt Rock does have some kind of an authority problem, and I feel sorry for him and his adgenda, and his wife too, the "dixie ****ter". If you were going to start a thru-hike in 20 min, why in gods name, would you be correcting ME, on some imaginary website? He better not show up at my house.

Sly
01-07-2008, 05:30
Ah. MM better hope Rock doesn't show up at his house. What a moron.

zoidfu
01-07-2008, 05:31
Anyone have any idea what Sgt.'s "agenda" is? Aside from getting everyone to switch to hennessey hammocks?

River Runner
01-07-2008, 05:47
Anyone have any idea what Sgt.'s "agenda" is? Aside from getting everyone to switch to hennessey hammocks?

Getting them to stop sniveling. :sun

Sly
01-07-2008, 05:52
And use Ion stoves?

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 08:26
Why is my name censored? LOL And what have I done to MM? Oh and that "PM from SGT Rock" was a public post here on WB for the record folks. :rolleyes: Some people should get their facts straight before they go slandering people on other sites especially when it is easily checked into and cross referenced.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=492628&highlight=wildcowboy#post492628 (see post #70)

Sly
01-07-2008, 08:30
I imagine he replaced a couple letters. :mad: Hard to believe he has a hostel or whatever.

Why is my name censored?

woodsy
01-07-2008, 08:38
MM(monday morning) humor.

Sly
01-07-2008, 08:42
MM(monday morning) humor.
MM(minniesmith) really burys foot in mouth this time.

Not minniesmith but Mechanical Man

woodsy
01-07-2008, 09:02
Oh, there are two MMs now, Oh lordy......how confusing....

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 09:05
Oh, there are two MMs now, Oh lordy......how confusing....

Minniesmith is usually shortened to MS. ;)

Lone Wolf
01-07-2008, 09:06
I imagine he replaced a couple letters. :mad: Hard to believe he has a hostel or whatever.

yeah. FREE cold showers! oh boy! :)

Sly
01-07-2008, 09:08

and a camera to take your picture! ;)

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 09:08

You mean you aren't all over that? ;)

woodsy
01-07-2008, 09:10
Thanks, having a slight brain cramp this am,:)
MM, MS,
MMMMMMMMMMMMM'd out.:rolleyes:
woodsy pulls buried foot out of his own mouth. ;)

Dances with Mice
01-07-2008, 09:17
Ah, I see. According to one member of that site the POI is a member of W-B but that fact is being covered up by the administrators and Tha Wook is a non-hiking poser.

Riiiiight.....that told me all I need to know.

saimyoji
01-07-2008, 14:01

and a camera to take your picture! ;)

At the same time? :eek:

BigStu
01-07-2008, 14:21
Just a couple of comments after having had a look at the Trail Forums link :

1) I came to WB to get some info to prepare myself for my trip to VA & Merlefest in April - I have got the advice I came for and get more every day

2) The forum here is sometimes robust, to say the least, but discussions are not without humour and there always seems to be someone to calm things down if a bar-room fight seems imminent.... which leads to me to...

3) The moderation of the forum seems reasonable to me ... the events of this weekend have created very difficult circumstances for the mods' as many have acknowledged but the decisions made have been correct IMHO and the moderation is used in moderation (if you see what I mean)

Not having the experience of the AT as many of you do I sometimes feel at a great disadvantage (or is that just plain envy :-? ) but for my two pennyworth WB is a cool place to be.

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 14:29
ahhh don't worry BigStu... I think some folks are just jealous of us. ;)

We're a big ole' popular site now. We're gonna take some hits. :D

Flotsam
01-07-2008, 14:51
Ah, I see. According to one member of that site the POI is a member of W-B but that fact is being covered up by the administrators
Saw a reference to that on another forum (NOT the TJ one). Is there any indication that Hilton was a WB member?

I did wonder, actually, if law enforcement had contacted the WB owners Saturday and that was why the sudden mass thread-locking and mod warnings happened. Not saying I think that's what happened, just that I wondered briefly at the time if it was due to Hilton having been discovered to have been a WB member and possible investigations into his postings here.

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 15:24
Yikes. But I guess there is no firewall for new members. Nor should there be. Just tough happenstance if it turns out to be true. Hey I'm sure if Manson had computer access he could log on and join too.
Manson. . .M. . . MM. . . HMMMMMM?:-?

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 15:25
We've never been asked, never looked into.

Flotsam
01-07-2008, 15:28
We've never been asked, never looked into.It did seem kind of far-fetched.

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 15:29
We've never been asked, never looked into.
Thanks DC. Hope that ends ridiculous speculation. . . . Ummmm, Period.

envirodiver
01-07-2008, 16:54
I don't think it was truly speculation. More likely just sour grapes and mud slinging from a distance.

I think MM is a legend in his own mind and was not recd. as such here.

warraghiyagey
01-07-2008, 16:59
I don't think it was truly speculation. More likely just sour grapes and mud slinging from a distance.

I think MM is a legend in his own mind and was not recd. as such here.
Which bears the question - where would he be received as such?:rolleyes:

SGT Rock
01-07-2008, 19:34
His problem was I corrected him about WildCowboy with that whole situation when he was trying to create discord when it was old news - and told him to let it go. Apparently that is too much. Wow, I never knew he had ego issues.

And for the record I never planned to stop at his place.

minnesotasmith
01-07-2008, 19:40

That's MinnesotaSmith. No spellchecker for cybernames, I suppose.:-?

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 19:43
That's MinnesotaSmith. No spellchecker for cybernames, I suppose.:-?

Read back further I didn't start that, was just repeating it. :rolleyes:

Sly
01-07-2008, 19:46
And for the record I never planned to stop at his place.

There goes the picture of SGT Rock in the cold shower. ;)

I'm not sure if I even knew he was there in '98 (says he's been around 18 years?) but it's not the most conveienent place, being 1 mile off trail only 12 mile from Slatington/Palmerton, 8 miles from Wind Gap and 56 miles from DWG.

Besides all that he's a meathead! :D

woodsy
01-07-2008, 19:48
Read back further I didn't start that, was just repeating it. :rolleyes:
I be the guilty party, was having one of those....you know...bad starts this a.m.
Sorry MINNESOTASMITH:D

Montego
01-07-2008, 19:48
Welcome back SGT ROCK!

dixicritter
01-07-2008, 19:52
I be the guilty party, was having one of those....you know...bad starts this a.m.
Sorry MINNESOTASMITH:D

Don't worry about it... Got any idea how many people misspell my trail name? ;)

Sly
01-07-2008, 19:53
Welcome back SGT ROCK!

Ditto that! :D

Kirby
01-07-2008, 21:39
Clearly I have not been around long enough to understand the Minnesota Smith-everyone else relationship, quite fascinating really.

Kirby

Panzer1
01-07-2008, 21:42
On TrailForums.com someone posted this critique of WhiteBlase accusing the WhiteBlaze moderators of closing a thread about the missing hiker.

Then about 20 posts later the TrailForums moderator closed their thread about the missing hiker with the following explanation.

Panzer:confused:

bold censorship
The discussion of this unfortunate event has been suspended over on White Blaze. Gotta feel that power to limit honest discussion, don't they? . . When you Google "White Blaze" you get this "WhiteBlaze is a Appalachian Trail discussion forum and information site..." . But apparently, the discussion part isn't so important.

message from TrailForum moderator:

This topic is closed. It's fair to say all opinions have been heard. - Moderator

SGT Rock
01-07-2008, 21:52
There are still threads about that. Again, the guy is being a sewer of discontent. His comments speak volumes about his character.

Marta
01-07-2008, 22:06
...being a sewer of discontent.

I assume you mean "sower," as in sowing seeds. But I like the "sewer" idea, too, meaning that his ideas are full of...well, you know.

Sly
01-07-2008, 22:09
message from TrailForum moderator:
Quote:
This topic is closed. It's fair to say all opinions have been heard. - Moderator

LOL....

SGT Rock
01-07-2008, 22:13
You got me. I'm a hillbilly.

camojack
01-07-2008, 22:22
That's "my" section, as a maintainer. I think I know who that guy is...but wouldn't want to damage anyone's reputation if I'm mistaken.

SGT Rock
01-07-2008, 22:34
I'd be more likely to look you up once I got there camojack.

OregonHiker
01-07-2008, 22:36
That's "my" section, as a maintainer. I think I know who that guy is...but wouldn't want to damage anyone's reputation if I'm mistaken.

His name is John Stempa "the mechanical man"

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30829

camojack
01-07-2008, 22:42
I'd be more likely to look you up once I got there camojack.
Well, I help to maintain that section, but don't live nearby...so give me some advance notice of when you'll be passing "thru", and if my schedule permits, I'd be more than happy to hike a few miles with you.

Or, we could go "do lunch" or somesuch... :)

SGT Rock
01-07-2008, 22:44
I'll be around on WB as I hike. I don't think I'll get to be too undercover from now on.

camojack
01-07-2008, 22:48
I'll be around on WB as I hike. I don't think I'll get to be too undercover from now on.
It was nice to meet you and Dixicritter at the Gathering last October.

Hopefully we can get together in some way, shape or form when you pass "thru" PA... :jump

warraghiyagey
01-08-2008, 00:28
What are the chance that someone leaving Katahdin on May 31 is going to be too late to meet Rock? Think you'll be done before then?
Hope not.

SGT Rock
01-08-2008, 09:12
I don't plan to be.

warraghiyagey
01-08-2008, 10:27
I don't plan to be.
Sweet.:)

Nightwalker
01-17-2008, 18:46
There goes the picture of SGT Rock in the cold shower. ;)
He's so short...

Ahh, never mind! ;)

I assume you mean "sower," as in sowing seeds. But I like the "sewer" idea, too, meaning that his ideas are full of...well, you know.I think that the original spelling fits pretty good, eh?

You got me. I'm a hillbilly.Shhh. :cool:

warraghiyagey
11-21-2008, 23:16
Then things eventually just iron themselves out.

The Mechanical Man
11-22-2008, 21:53
And I am still here at Smith Gap, just waiting to see all of your smiling faces. :)

Rockhound
11-23-2008, 19:40
sarge and wolf walk into a bar. the bartender turns to lonewolf and says "we have a drink named after you" and sgt. rock says, "you have a drink named sniviler?"

Lone Wolf
11-23-2008, 19:42
sure barry. sniffer

dixicritter
11-24-2008, 08:38
And I am still here at Smith Gap, just waiting to see all of your smiling faces. :)

You told us we were uninvited to your place, so you have a long wait as we don't go to places where we aren't welcome. :)

warraghiyagey
11-24-2008, 11:15
You told us we were uninvited to your place, so you have a long wait as we don't go to places where we aren't welcome. :)
:sun:sun

Lone Wolf
11-24-2008, 11:46

yeah me too. no invite

Gray Blazer
11-24-2008, 11:48
If they aren't invited, I'm not coming either (and I was bringing some good katanga).

The Mechanical Man
11-25-2008, 04:26
If you were personally un-invited by me, it was for a good reason.
You are Banned, not moderated. :banana

Real AT hikers, that actually walk to my place in need of assistance, are never turned down. :sun

"I Kick Cyberhikers" :eek:

Lone Wolf
11-25-2008, 06:51
I've actually walked by your place many times. never felt the need of assistance for a cold shower :rolleyes:

kanga
11-25-2008, 07:16

Real AT hikers, that actually walk to my place in need of assistance, are never turned down. :sun

my eyes must be failing me. because it looked to me like you tried to slam dixi?

Dances with Mice
11-25-2008, 07:45
It won't be long before he flounces away again.

First he'll write an note dripping with indignation about how he's real with a real house on the real trail and not a virtual online person like every single other person on this forum. Then, having told us all off but good, he'll turn around with a flip of his head and stick his nose in the air and stalk off stage left.

He does the same act on every forum. It's just a matter of time.

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 08:05
It won't be long before he flounces away again.

First he'll write an note dripping with indignation about how he's real with a real house on the real trail and not a virtual online person like every single other person on this forum. Then, having told us all off but good, he'll turn around with a flip of his head and stick his nose in the air and stalk off stage left.

He does the same act on every forum. It's just a matter of time.

Nice!!:);):p

dixicritter
11-25-2008, 08:34

Yes the reason you uninvited us from your place was because you pitched a hissy fit for being moderated here at WB. However as I stated in my previous post it matters not to us, we don't go places where we aren't welcome anyway so don't worry about waiting for us to show up. And there is no need to get nasty, I haven't gotten nasty with you. I hope you have a nice day. :)

Hooch
11-25-2008, 08:36
Dang, MM. That's kinda harsh. Looks like someone didn't get their hug today. Besides, it's you loss. I'd take the company of Rock and his crew any day of the week.

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 08:37
It's a 'feel good' thread.:sun:sun:)

Hooch
11-25-2008, 08:39
"I Kick Children and the Handicapped."

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 08:39
You should really be ashamed of yourself.
Agreed. . . that's pretty poor form.

Lone Wolf
11-25-2008, 08:41
no need to go to his place anyway since it's so close to Palmerton and Delaware Water Gap. much better hostels with hot water in each town

Dances with Mice
11-25-2008, 09:24
To save time why don't we just write his flounce for him?

"I'm Mechanical Man and I got a dome at The Gap and I've slept with Earl and had cold showers with Wingfoot and I have the awards to prove it. And you're all just cyberhikers with cyberboots who sit in your cyberchairs in your cyberhouses and write cyberstuff in cyberspace. You'll never be as good as me! Never! Never, never never!!"

<<MM turns doing that head-flip that he's so practiced at and stomps off with nose in air>>

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and his pony has learned another trick. Anything's possible. Let's wait and see.

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 09:34
But hey, maybe I'm wrong and his pony has learned another trick. Anything's possible. Let's wait and see.
Not holding my breath on that one;)

Dances with Mice
11-25-2008, 09:53
Not holding my breath on that one;)I'll put five bucks on a hissy fit in which he calls me a cyberhiker. Any takers?

Alligator
11-25-2008, 10:10
I see that there are still some leftover bad feelings:(. I'm going to ask that all parties please refrain from referencing these past events, the particular hissy fit has been well described:D. If you wish to further dwell in the depths of this hissy experience, please move it to PM. Much obliged.

kanga
11-25-2008, 10:14
can we talk about the new one? :D

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 10:20
can we talk about the new one? :D

Alligator
11-25-2008, 10:22
Whenever I get a loaded question like that I just say no:p.

Alligator
11-25-2008, 10:32
Specifically, I'd like for TMM to stop baiting others and for others to stop baiting TMM, as it will likely not end up well and it's supposed to be the Holiday Season.

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 10:34
Specifically, I'd like for TMM to stop baiting others and for others to stop baiting TMM, as it will likely not end up well and it's supposed to be the Holiday Season.
On a technicality couldn't we play til Thursday morning and then stop saying what a poopiehead TMM is?:)

kanga
11-25-2008, 10:37
i think we'd techinically have to stop at 11:59 wednesday night then, but it sounds like a good rule to me.

Alligator
11-25-2008, 10:37
This is 2008 the holiday season starts in Sept.

kanga
11-25-2008, 10:38
what? how come?

Hooch
11-25-2008, 10:41
This is 2008 the holiday season starts in Sept.Crap on that. We got 'til 23:59:59 Wednsday night. :p

warraghiyagey
11-25-2008, 10:41
what? how come?

The new daylight savings plan. . . I guess.

Alligator
11-25-2008, 10:49
what? how come?It's cheerier that way.

Dances with Mice
11-25-2008, 10:57
It's cheerier that way.The wise Mr. Gator is correct and this year in particular we should look for ways to extend any happiness and cheer available. Happy Holidays Mr. Man and thank you for all the trail work that you do and services that you provide.

kanga
11-25-2008, 11:05
bah-humbug

Blue Jay
11-25-2008, 11:06
The wise Mr. Gator is correct and this year in particular we should look for ways to extend any happiness and cheer available. Happy Holidays Mr. Man and thank you for all the trail work that you do and services that you provide.

Does anyone have one of these emotocon things depicting the dancing banana barfing?

jhick
11-25-2008, 11:08
oh jeez.... a dancing banana request???? brace yourselves......

Alligator
11-25-2008, 11:09
Does anyone have one of these emotocon things depicting the dancing banana barfing?Merry Christmas to you too BJ. I've always thought that you gave WB quite the present by signing up at Christmas:D.

Marta
11-25-2008, 11:13
This is 2008 the holiday season starts in Sept.

what? how come?

'Cause that's when the holiday stuff went on sale at Wal-Mart.

kanga
11-25-2008, 11:14
Merry Christmas to you too BJ. I've always thought that you gave WB quite the present by signing up at Christmas:D.

gator, are you gonna come clean up this coffee!?

Alligator
11-25-2008, 11:14
The wise Mr. Gator is correct and this year in particular we should look for ways to extend any happiness and cheer available. Happy Holidays Mr. Man and thank you for all the trail work that you do and services that you provide.Same to you Dances.

I asked Santa for those Fiskars lopping shears you recommended and the fire rake too.

Alligator
11-25-2008, 11:19
gator, are you gonna come clean up this coffee!?Haha. I do actually like BJ. Ho Ho Ho.

saimyoji
11-25-2008, 12:44
Haha. I do actually like BJs. I'm a Ho Ho Ho.

That was just too easy. :D

jhick
11-25-2008, 12:47
hahahahahaha.....

now when you said BJs... did you mean the outlet store chain?

dixicritter
11-25-2008, 13:24
So much for trying to play nice still gets ya in trouble. I'm out.

Alligator
11-25-2008, 13:37
I'm just too easy. :DAlways fun with this crowd when they can't let a compliment ride:rolleyes:.

Blue Jay
11-25-2008, 13:42
I signed up at Christmas? Who would remember that long ago. I guess you do like me, I feel like Sally Field.

kanga
11-25-2008, 13:52
I signed up at Christmas? Who would remember that long ago. I guess you do like me, I feel like Sally Field.

um. yeah. it shows up on your posts.