PDA

View Full Version : Rock's Getting Short

hacksaw
12-15-2003, 13:07
Tought I'd pass this along.

I received an email this morning from Ernest "Sgt Rock" Engman in which he said he only had 87 days and a wake up until he rotated out of Iraq. He also said a re-deploy was upcoming. No more details, but suffice it to say he's busy and looking forward to coming home. I'll be glad when he(and every one else away from their homes)gets back on home soil and this mess is behind us.

Regardless of how you choose to do it or what your opinion of this involvement is, please include all our brothers and sisters in the service of our country in your thoughts/prayers/ whatever you do. They're there for us all. (Been there, done that, know how it feels)

Hacksaw

Lone Wolf
12-15-2003, 13:13
Semper Fidelis

hacksaw
12-15-2003, 13:30
Semper Fidelis
'Til the day I die, L.W.!

Trail Yeti
12-15-2003, 15:01
Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine! Semper Fi

chowhound
12-15-2003, 17:35
Airborne!!

Cabo
12-15-2003, 20:59
Keep your powder dry, Sgt.

TJ aka Teej
12-15-2003, 23:08
I received an email this morning from Ernest "Sgt Rock" Engman in which he said he only had 87 days and a wake up until he rotated out of Iraq.
That deserves a :banana !

cabalot
12-15-2003, 23:11
if i am correct i think rock is a 1st sgt in the army. not only should he be getting home soon but he should probably be eligable for retirement soon should he decide. i'm sure when the time comes and he does retire from active duty he'll make his way to the AT before settling into a civilian job. i hope to meet him on the trail someday to congradulate him on a job well done.

we got saddam. hopefully the violence will end soon and are troops can start coming home safely.

Air Assault !!

Mike 101st '87 - '90

ganj
12-16-2003, 01:08
Yeah, it just doesn't sound as cool to yell something about the Air National Guard, guess I should have joined the Marines. Definitely have kept Rock and others in my thoughts and look forward to their return. Thanks Hacksaw.

dixicritter
12-17-2003, 01:04
Thank you Hacksaw! I know I'm sure looking forward to his return.

I also wanted to thank everyone who has supported Rock with letters, emails, pictures, and packages since he's been gone. I know it has meant a lot to him.

hacksaw
12-17-2003, 02:44
Thank you Hacksaw! I know I'm sure looking forward to his return.

I also wanted to thank everyone who has supported Rock with letters, emails, pictures, and packages since he's been gone. I know it has meant a lot to him.
Dixicritter,

In the short time Rock and I spent together driving thru the North Ga. mountains we talked a bunch. I felt like I'd known him a long time by the time I dropped him off. He's a good man and I think of him often. It's easy to see what you obviously saw in him.

Having been in a similar situation I think I know how it is through the holidays for you. All I can say is your man is a true patriot and a hero and I am proud to know him. It is because of him and his ilk that we all breathe free air today.

He'll be home soon, Dear. God Bless you and your family.

Hacksaw

SGT Rock
12-18-2003, 06:25
Quick message on a good day when I can log on.

The date got moved back a few. We roll south to Kuwait on 15 March, and then I should fly around 1 April. We are already getting our collective $hit together.

Thanks from all y'all out there who are keeping me going. I am a fast tracker so I still have a couple of years before I even qualify for retirement, but I'm looking forward to it and a thru-hike.

This morning I woke up in my hammock and heard birds singing, for a second I thought I was on the trail.

Rain Man
12-18-2003, 08:22
This morning I woke up in my hammock and heard birds singing, for a second I thought I was on the trail.

That must have been a nice second.

Be safe. Come home soon and sound. We appreciate the sacrifices you guys make for us all.

If I could sing, I'd do a rendition of "I'll be home for Christmas, ... if only in my dreams" for you!

Rain Man