PDA

View Full Version : shuttle to springer

NakedSasquatch
12-19-2007, 20:05
Hey everyone! Hope the planning is going well as departre dates grow closer. I , for one, feel like I am only killing time until March!

I will be taking the bus into Gainesville, GA and I was wondering if anyone knew of the best way to get from the bus depot to the approach trail. I know about the Hiker Hostel deal, but was wondering if there were any other ways to get there (besides a cab and walking, haha).

Thanks!

Lone Wolf
12-19-2007, 20:42
Hey everyone! Hope the planning is going well as departre dates grow closer. I , for one, feel like I am only killing time until March!

I will be taking the bus into Gainesville, GA and I was wondering if anyone knew of the best way to get from the bus depot to the approach trail. I know about the Hiker Hostel deal, but was wondering if there were any other ways to get there (besides a cab and walking, haha).

Thanks!

besides cab, walking or hitching, the Hiker Hostel is it. If $$ is an issue, just hitch. i've done it a couple of times

Dances with Mice
12-19-2007, 20:50
I will be taking the bus into Gainesville, GA and I was wondering if anyone knew of the best way to get from the bus depot to the approach trail. I know about the Hiker Hostel deal, but was wondering if there were any other ways to get there (besides a cab and walking, haha).Yeah, yeah, yeah no problem. You just need to speak a little Spanish. Here's all you need to know:

Walk directly behind the bus station and yell "CHEEN GAH TWO MAH DRAY!" really loud. You won't have to walk, you'll be running all the way there.

paradoxb3
12-19-2007, 20:51
i'm sure with this thread other GA local potential thru-hikers will step up and offer rides. I myself live pretty close to Amicalola, and am planning a georgia section hike to the NC border around march. I hiked amicalola falls to neels gap last month the week after thanksgiving. The original plan was to do the GA section, but rain, cool weather, and getting used to hiking again slowed me down enough the first 2 days that i realized i wouldnt make it to Hiawassee with enough time left on my vacation to rest a couple days before returning to work.

Well, that, and the complete solitude for 3 days was getting annoying. I'm a social hiker so i feel like i'll find some hiking company (maybe more than i want!) around march. I wish i were thru-hiking next year... but as of right now, my goals are aimed at a 2010 thru. Tell us when you'll be needing a ride. Hell, if i can start my section at the same time as you start your thru, i'll come down and pick you up myself.

gldwings1
12-19-2007, 20:58
We (HammockHooch) and I are planning to section hiker from Springer to NC when it warms up. He was thinking May would be the earliest. Maybe we could get together. PM me and let me know, I am a social hiker too so the more the merrier.

Happy Hiking,

Chuck:banana

Hooch
12-19-2007, 21:00
We (HammockHooch) and I are planning to section hiker from Springer to NC when it warms up. He was thinking May would be the earliest. Maybe we could get together. PM me and let me know, I am a social hiker too so the more the merrier.

Happy Hiking,

Chuck:banana

I think it would be the best time for me. :D Just kiddin' dude, you know I'm all about Team Doc/Hooch. I'm definitely looking forward to this section, a long time coming. Can't wait til it comes around and all the planning we're doing comes together! :banana

Hooch
12-19-2007, 21:01

Happy Hiking,

Chuck:bananaOh, and :welcome to White Blaze, Bro!

gldwings1
12-19-2007, 21:22
Thank you Thank you it's good to be here, I'd like to thank the academy, and my mom and dad and of course God and ....... oh sorry wrong speech.

NakedSasquatch
12-20-2007, 13:02
speaking of speeches and God... did you catch Kathy Griffins Emmy acceptance speech? Classic. Anyway, thanks for all suggestions and ride offers! I'll have to settle plans and catch up with everyone to figure things out. If all else fails I guess I'll be brushing up on some Spanish!

The Doctor
12-24-2007, 23:44
If you need a ride to the approach trail on a weekend, you can call me and i'll do it for the cost of gas. Private message me if you want to arrange a time.

NakedSasquatch
12-27-2007, 21:40
Wow. Thanks for the offer Doc! I'll have to concrete a start date, but i'll let you know...

much appreciated.

JDCool1
12-28-2007, 16:59
NS, Please pardon me for "hitching on to your "shuttle inquiry" thread. I am looking for information on the nearest airports between mile post 100-400. I will need to get off the trail around the first of May for a week for a quick trip to Denver and I am not sure where I will be on the AT at that time. Any information will be greatly appreciated