PDA

View Full Version : reputation buttons

2Ply
12-16-2003, 11:06
Maybe I missed something last week, but what are the reputation buttons in our posts about? Who evaluates them and grades our posts? :-?

Streamweaver
12-16-2003, 17:20
Maybe I missed something last week, but what are the reputation buttons in our posts about? Who evaluates them and grades our posts? :-?

Yeah Id like to know whats up with that too!!! My reputaion says Im an unknown quantity .What the heel does that mean?? Somehow I get the feeling it aint exactly a compliment if you know what I mean!! Streamweaver

Nightwalker
12-16-2003, 18:19
Yeah Id like to know whats up with that too!!! My reputaion says Im an unknown quantity .What the heel does that mean?? Somehow I get the feeling it aint exactly a compliment if you know what I mean!! Streamweaver

It probably means that no one has rated you yet. Just a guess.

Frank

Former Easy
12-16-2003, 19:48
This button raises your reputation, say you make a good comment and others feel its useful they can raise your reputation, this has nothing to do with bad reputation since it can only be raised.

This is just added fluff Vbulletin has but in there software with the new release.
You can turn this off in your control panel if you don't want it enabled.

cabalot
12-16-2003, 22:28
is there a ledgend somewhere that shows the color ratings?

attroll
12-17-2003, 03:24
Here is a list of reputation points. Like Former Easy said this can be turned off if you all think that is is not needed or silly. It is up to you all. Also like Former Easy said it raises your reputation, say you make a good comment and others feel its useful they can raise your reputation. As for the color code. I am not sure. I have not really look into it.

0 User is an unknown quantity at this poINT
10 User is on a distinguished road
50 User will become famous soon enough
150 User has a spectacular aura about
250 User is a jewel in the rough
350 User is just really nice
450 User is a glorious beacon of light
550 User is a name known to all
650 User is a splendid one to behold
1000 User has much to be proud of
1500 User has a brilliant future
2000 User has a reputation beyond repute

Kozmic Zian
02-14-2004, 00:53
Yea....reputation. Whats the colors about in the little box. How about a color code, shown somewhere on the home page? Trying out this error message thing ATtrol. Ya got it.

attroll
02-14-2004, 01:41
Yea....reputation. Whats the colors about in the little box. How about a color code, shown somewhere on the home page? Trying out this error message thing ATtrol. Ya got it.
There are only five colors. The colors bar does not grow or change the colors only mean the following

Red = high negetive points
Dark Red = negetive points
Green = positve points
Black = reputation off
gray = balance points (not sure but I think this is 0 points)

Nightwalker
02-14-2004, 02:05
There are only five colors. The colors bar does not grow or change the colors only mean the following

Red = high negetive points
Dark Red = negetive points
Green = positve points
Black = reputation off
gray = balance points (not sure but I think this is 0 points)

How do you give someone points? There's a few that I'd like to up-rate.

:confused:
Frank

attroll
02-14-2004, 02:27
How do you give someone points? There's a few that I'd like to up-rate.

:confused:
Frank
You can give someone points by clicking on the icon with a check mark and the X in the upper right hand corner of that persons post.

Red Hat
02-14-2004, 12:02
You can give someone points by clicking on the icon with a check mark and the X in the upper right hand corner of that persons post. Fine, I see how to give points, but where do you find the reputation buttons to see what a person's reputation is? I must be blind, or senile, but I don't see them....

Red Hat
02-14-2004, 12:09
okay, I found it, I kept looking to the left of the page instead of to the right. It's the little button with the number of posts beside it. Somebody rate me, I feel unloved!

attroll
02-14-2004, 12:47
okay, I found it, I kept looking to the left of the page instead of to the right. It's the little button with the number of posts beside it. Somebody rate me, I feel unloved!
OK I gave you one rate or what ever it is called.